Imminent RCL Entertainment Cutbacks

3 hours ago, Twenty2020 said:

2 bedroom condo bayside across the street from beach this spring break (St Pete area) was $450/night. Very average accommodations. Even at elevated fares we are getting two adjoining cabins on Royal next spring break for roughly same price. But includes food. 

And entertainment!

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 6:14 PM, cusematt4 said:

Hi all,

Has anyone else heard that the head of RCL entertainment for the past 10 years and RCL have “parted ways” due to imminent entertainment cutbacks?  This is so upsetting.

I don't know anything about that, but I had mixed feelings regarding entertainment on Quantum last week.  On one hand, I thought the show with the earth harp (Sonic Odyssey, I believe it was called) was one of the best shows I've seen.  On the other hand, it was my first Quantum Class cruise without a tribute band, and the lead singer of the cover band they did have was awful.  Two70 has apparently eliminated the aerial acts across this ship class for some reason.  If anyone knows why, I love to hear it.  It really took a lot out of the show.  

All that said, the variety of live entertainment around the ship was still more than I have seen on other lines.  The piano player in Schooner Bar and the guitarist in the pub were excellent.  

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 2:57 PM, crzndeb said:

The Nextdoor neighbor’s, cousin, who’s ex husband’s teacher in 3rd grade, knew a dancer in a production show on the Oasis in 2016, and said Hi to Nick one time. 🙄 🤣🤣

My Guts Hurt! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Cutbacks seems likely. It would explain trading an Entertainment Exec for an Operations Exec. Remember RCCL now has it's hands all over the daily operations of Silversea Cruises and whilst there, I witnessed first hand cuts across the service, food and various other guests onboard offerings.

RCCL moved out the Silversea CEO in a similar fashion recently, and brought in all their own CEO, as well as  brought in RCCL Sr. VP's to run Silversea Cruises daily operations, looking at aggressive ways to cut operational costs. It's business ad this recent move with Weir fits into their current modus operandi. Always hope for the best!