Med 3/19

cruising whatever

I just returned from cruising the Med (3/19 - 3/26). I have to say that it was wonderful! The personnel were great...especially those in the dining room. The food was great! I was a little hesitant after reading some of these reviews, but not to worry. Our waiter and his assistant were constantly seeing to our needs. The first night, we ordered coffee during the main course. From that night on, coffee was served during our main course without asking for it.:) Our waiter, Reul, would always make recommendations. If we ordered something, he'd let us know if it was good (fish too strong tasting, spices on the Osobuco strong, etc.) Until he was injured, Mostaq, the assistant, was always checking to see if there was anything else we needed. Italian night was a real hoot! :)

The ship was beautiful. Finally figured out how to get places on the last day of the cruise. It's a little confusing, but exploring the nooks and crannies was fun.

The excursions were extremely well organized and fun. Booking thru the ship, even though more expensive, set our minds at ease for running late, personal safety, etc.

Entertainment...well, the crew show was the best. Waiters, room stewards, dishwashers, etc. performed better than the actual professional entertainers. The crew kept the passengers entertained throughout, with dancing, "horse racing" etc. If you wanted something do to, there was plenty. On the other hand, if you wanted quiet, there was that, too. Smoking wasn't a problem. People kept to the designated smoking areas, and the smell was non-existant.

Sitting out on the veranda watching the world go by was fun.

Would I do it again. In a heartbeat. (Once I get may land legs back, that is.)

Thanks for the great review. We're sailing on the Med in a week. Can't wait!

You were on the western Caribbean itinerary, right? What nights were the formal nights in the dining room? And when was the Italian night?

How was disembarking? Was it difficult to find a taxi to the airport?

I was on the western Caribbean. The second night was the Captains reception and formal night. The next formal night was on Friday, I think! They served lobster and prime rib.

I can't keep the days straight. Italian night was Tuesday. After dinner, the music starts and the passengers start waiving napkins. The dining room crew dances with passengers and it ends with a conga line. It's a real treat!

Disembarkation. Well our ship didn't clear until almost 9:00. We hit the gang plank at exactly 9, and were in a taxi to the airport at 9:15 - 9:20. Immigration was quick, went down and picked up our luggage, sorted by color tags, went through customs in about 30 seconds and out to the cabs, lined up in front of the terminal A breeze. Not so at the airport. That was the down side of the trip.

Have a great time...we did!

Archived