Upgrade Awarded - Aurea to Yacht Club - Diamond Member

Booked a wrap around aft balcony premium suite on Deck 13 last fall on Seashore for September 1st. Paid about 3600 for 2 adults and 2 kids with Easy Plus , wifi, and 100 OBC. about a week ago I put the minimum bid in for a Yacht Club Deluxe Balcony , it was 1,050 pp (only for the first to guests, so 2100 total) I always bid on upgrades but NEVER get them.

Exactly a week ago ( yesterday morning) I got the email that we got upgraded. We now have a deluxe balcony yacht club suite 18011 for 5700 total
(priced about 8k when we were booking last fall). WAY COOL. the Yacht Club has always been priced out of reach for us so never researched much about it. Any tips? Also, we have a Ocean Cay Cabana booked non-yacht club but no longer see either option to book, is it worth the change or should I leave it be?

The Wife and Kids(3 and 7) and I never cruised like this before so are totally stoked

• Like 3

1 hour ago, researchfreak90 said:

Also, we have a Ocean Cay Cabana booked non-yacht club but no longer see either option to book, is it worth the change or should I leave it be?

The Yacht Club cabanas might be sold-out. It has happened to me (once) but I didn't see the need to book a non-Yacht Club cabana. I'd probably cancel the non-Yacht Club cabana and enjoy Ocean House and the surrounding areas. Bimini Beach is very nice so if you explore away from the Yacht Club area, Bimini is right next to you. The kids might also like the Lagoon area since there are no waves there. 

1 hour ago, researchfreak90 said:

The Wife and Kids(3 and 7) and I never cruised like this before so are totally stoked

Kids are welcome in the Yacht Club no matter how many contradictory comments that you might read on the forum. The staff will probably dote on them and spoil them even more than you. Mine were 5 and 7 during their first Yacht Club cruise and had a great time and continue to now as they are older. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The Yacht Club cabanas might be sold-out. It has happened to me (once) but I didn't see the need to book a non-Yacht Club cabana. I'd probably cancel the non-Yacht Club cabana and enjoy Ocean House and the surrounding areas. Bimini Beach is very nice so if you explore away from the Yacht Club area, Bimini is right next to you. The kids might also like the Lagoon area since there are no waves there. 

Kids are welcome in the Yacht Club no matter how many contradictory comments that you might read on the forum. The staff will probably dote on them and spoil them even more than you. Mine were 5 and 7 during their first Yacht Club cruise and had a great time and continue to now as they are older. 

Thanks. Appreciate all the good info.

36 minutes ago, researchfreak90 said:

WOuld love to get some more feedback on this. Big question around staying in non-yacht club cabana on ocean cay or canceling it 

Cancel it. There is absolutely no reason to pay for a non YC cabana.

• Like 1

After the input here and looking closer at the Yacht Club on Ocean Cay youtube videos I have canceled the Standard Cabana I booked before the upgrade. This saved me 265$. Once I did this the Cabanas for Yacht Club were available to book, for anyone else that finds that barrier. I do not find 422 or 475 a reasonable number to reserve one of those so we will enjoy the "basic" Yacht Club amenities at Ocean Cay, lol.

10 minutes ago, researchfreak90 said:

I do not find 422 or 475 a reasonable number to reserve one of those so we will enjoy the "basic" Yacht Club amenities at Ocean Cay, lol.

The most recent price increase for those cabanas was about 5%. I'm curious as to how many years ago those cabanas paid for themselves. I should probably own one by now.

For the money, the cabana should come with a big screen TV, air conditioning, a massage table, a happy ending,....

• Haha 4