Carnival Destiny - 3/19/06 Departure

hobiecat2000

Have been told by Carnival customer service that the decision to only provide a $25 credit for all inconveniences on this cruise was made by the President himself. Also, if any compensation was made to one passenger, it would have to be made to all passengers.

I would be interested in knowing if any other passengers on this cruise received any additional compensation.

Thanks

We boarded around 11pm and from what I heard from other passengers, departed the port of San Juan at 4am. All of our port times were reduced by several hours in order to make up the lost time.

While I realize the contract states they have the right to change port times, the entire beginning of the cruise was delayed. While I don't know that expecting a credit on a future cruise is realistic in this case, I'm curious to know if other passengers got any other information. One of the couples on the cruise we talked with had said they contacted their Carnival cruise travel rep and the rep told them to give them a call after the cruise. They made it sound like she'd be able to do something, but we didn't get the same impression from our sales rep.

Archived