Cabin 2465 Cat. 1A (Pictures)

Wennfred

Perhaps its because this thread is specific to the 1A cabins 2462 and 2465 and folks in the other cabins nearby are not reading the thread.:rolleyes:

I don't believe that anyone has said it was unbearable, in fact, I stated that I would sail in one of these cabins again because of the size and value. The information that I have shared was provided as just that, information. It was not posted as a complaint even though that is apparently how you have chosen to interpret it. I simply wished to communicate that the noise and vibration is somewhat of an unexpected surprise considering that the ship is less than a year old. That, I believe is the factor that makes it worthy of mention. Once you sail on the ship you might better understand this.;)

I am sailing on this ship in 20 plus days..and I booked 2465 specificaly for my father's 60th bday present.. so I have read alot about these cabins.. and as I mentioned earlier.. just because it is this cabin.. I have yet to see a review of cabins near by that state the same noise.. I will be sure to make him aware of it tho. I never said no thanks for your info... I appreciate it:)

Welcome home, Alan! Glad to hear that you had a great time.

My dinner companion who was in your same cabin mentioned this noise, too... and was responsible for some of those pieces of paper!:) :D When he mentioned putting the slips of paper in the molding, I didn't think that the noises I was hearing could be caused by the same thing since it was more of a rattle vibration. I didn't investigate, but now I wonder if the same thing could have been the culprit in 2465. If my memory is correct, it was worse at night, which is when we were probably traveling at greater speed. I'll be sure to take notice the next time I am in one of these cabins.

I have to agree with the comment you made that you've never experienced anything like the port entry vibration before..... it WAS by far the most movement I have ever felt onboard. Truth be told, it was actually scary at first, then you got used to it. Still, unless one has experienced it, I don't think one can even imagine how BAD it was. I believe the lower you were on the ship, the worse it seemed, especially in the aft cabins.

By the way, who was your stateroom attendant?

Hello again, Patrioticgirl...

I hope when you go on the FREEDOM next year, you see my repairs:D; it took alot of investigation to figure out where it was comming from, as the engines were 'humming along' quite loudly doing 24 knots down to Puerto Rico. My cabin stewards name was Lyndon, really nice fellow, always did a wonderful job.

As a side note of the cruise, I really loved and attended every day it was open: Mengi's Sushi Bar(sp?) on the Promenade. Best Sushi I've had so far on any cruise ship!!! Man it was Good!!!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Happy Sailing!

I am sailing on this ship in 20 plus days..and I booked 2465 specificaly for my father's 60th bday present.. so I have read alot about these cabins.. and as I mentioned earlier.. just because it is this cabin.. I have yet to see a review of cabins near by that state the same noise.. I will be sure to make him aware of it tho. I never said no thanks for your info... I appreciate it:)

Hi again. Perhaps some of it was related to our particular sailing, but there were two other people on the same cruise I was on who posted about ship noise issues on our sailing. One refers to a bass sound in the walls and another addresses that port vibration that Alan mentioned that he felt on his sailing last week. For more info regarding the issues the week that I was onboard, please see these links, which I made smaller so that they would fit on one line:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12526232&highlight=Freedom+noise#post12526232

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=666312&page=2&highlight=Freedom+noise

Perhaps another reason that noise in these two cabins has not been mentioned is that the ship has been in service for only half a year. While many passengers are CC members, the vast majority probably are not. These two particular cabins are popular; I know for a fact that they are often booked back to back and then perhaps some, so there may not have been a great number of passengers sailing in these cabins thus far. The gentleman in 2462 had mine booked for the next week and has one or the other booked for as many as four weeks at a time for future sailings. If noise is continuously problematic, I am sure it will be brought up more often in the future.

If Lyndon is your stateroom attendant, please tell him that I said hello. I think he may be going home sometime around your voyage, so he might not be there, though.

Gina

Hello again, Patrioticgirl...

I hope when you go on the FREEDOM next year, you see my repairs:D; it took alot of investigation to figure out where it was comming from, as the engines were 'humming along' quite loudly doing 24 knots down to Puerto Rico. My cabin stewards name was Lyndon, really nice fellow, always did a wonderful job.

As a side note of the cruise, I really loved and attended every day it was open: Mengi's Sushi Bar(sp?) on the Promenade. Best Sushi I've had so far on any cruise ship!!! Man it was Good!!!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Happy Sailing!

That's it.... Lyndon was my attendant, too. He was quiet but friendly ... and he did a pretty good job for me, too. :)

I kept meaning to make it to the Sushi Bar, but never seemed to hit the time just right. It's funny that you mention it, though..... I've had the yearning for Sushi ever since I sailed so I bought some at Costco over the weekend. I am sure it was not nearly as good as what you had onboard.

I'll be looking for your repairs and let you know if I find them!:D

I did not notice the popping sound on the 11/24-12/1 cruise.... Otherwise, you would have seen my wedge. I'm a heavy sleeper though, so that may have something to do with it..... I did notice the vibrations from the thrusters.

Received the camera cord about 20 minutes ago.... Pics and video of 2462 on the Freedom coming soon!!!!

I did not notice the popping sound on the 11/24-12/1 cruise.... Otherwise, you would have seen my wedge. I'm a heavy sleeper though, so that may have something to do with it..... I did notice the vibrations from the thrusters.

Received the camera cord about 20 minutes ago.... Pics and video of 2462 on the Freedom coming soon!!!!

Can't wait!:)

Well hello folks - nice to see this thread still running, as I just got off the FREEDOM on Dec.8th. Stayed in Cabin 2462 as a Single. Like all of you have explained before, that 'Vibration' going in and out of Port was something else. I have NEVER experienced anything like that before.

After about 30 minutes of listening and looking, I came upon the culprit sound. It was being created by the 45 degree angle of 'PLASTIC' Crown molding around the outside bathroom area rubbing against the Wall Paneling up at the top. So I stood there and listened and ' sure nuff', that was it. It looked like previous people had tried to stop the same thing, as I found small pieces of either Cardboard or folded paper wedged between the Metal ceiling panel and the Crown Molding. So I tried adding more 'buffer' paper like previous people did, but it did'nt help any.

So I deduced that this needed some 'Serious' wedging. So I found one of those 'thick' Art Auction flyers and tore off a strip about 1" wide by 11" long and folded it over on itself several times to produce 'ONE BIG Wedge"... Lol. Hammered that 'New wedge' close into the corner angle of the Crown Molding with the heel of my shoe right next to the 'other' previous pieces of paper. Well, I'll be damned, I said... STOPPED that popping sound right quick, and then all I heard was the subtle sound of the engines, which I don't mind as it helps me sleep.

BTW, the cruise was Fantastic, this trully was a 'Fun Ship' !

Happy Sailing All.

Hey Alan,

I'm in 2462 this Saturday, and I will be looking for your handy work ;) Thanks for prepping the cabin :D

Looking forward to it...will be in 2462 this Saturday...thanks for the info :cool:

I just got off of Glory this past Saturday after spending two weeks in 2465. This cabin has one single bed on the floor, and one that can be lowered out of the ceiling. The configuration is different than the one show in the pictures in the first post. I have a good set of photos that I can post when I get time. The bathroom is a standard bathroom, just like almost every other bathroom in every cabin on the ship. It's quite evident that some of the Conquest class ships have these cabins configured differently.

Positive aspects of this cabin - Lots and lots of room. 2 large windows, and it's set back from the corridor by the long hallway.

Negatives - NOISE. This is, without any close equal, the most noisy cabin I've ever had in 16 cruises. When the ship is sitting still at dock, it's very quiet. When the ship is moving slowly, it's quiet. When the ship is moving fast, and especially if the seas are a little rough, it is very noisy, to the point of being down right annoying. I noticed little pieces of folded paper and cardboard stuck in some cracks here and there, and I now know why. Some of my stuff on the glass shelves in the bathroom rattled to the extent that I placed folded wash cloths under them to buffer the sound. When the noise was bad, so was the vibration, along with bumps akin to hitting a railroad track with a car - probably from waves or something, I don't know. Another CC cruiser was in the same cabin on port side, and he reported the same noise, etc.

I loved the cabin, at least some of the time. It's certainly a cheap way to get a cabin with windows.

Ken

Thankyou, Loanshark... that video made me feel just like I was 'Back' there again.:) What did you think of those 2 'Wall Pictures'? I thought they were abit over the top.:eek: Happy Sailing.

I have seen better artwork in the cabins, but I did not think those two pics were that bad.

I have added 3 pics of the gash in the back of the boat that I referenced in post #264.... Anyone know how it got there?

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561703466KjuYkn

I noticed that 'Dent' too...did'nt think much about it though, as I'm sure, as long as it is'nt a PUNTURE were all good to go. But I did notice a White Canvas Banner, about 3' by 8' stung along the AFT back rails during the whole cruise that stated: SECURITY WARNING - STAY BACK AT LEAST 50 YARDS.

I wonder if that Dent had anything to do with that banner being put up?

Happy Sailing.

Looks like this list is still valid unless someone has info on the ships that are missing info.

Conquest - Yes

Destiny - Yes

Freedom - Yes

Glory - No

Liberty - Yes

Triumph -

Valor - Yes

Victory - No

Splendor - cabin is a different cat 6a

I don't know what the list is for but the Triumph does have these cabins with twin bed and upper:)

• 4 weeks later...

Here goes the same question. I guess I need to hear it one more time. I booked 2462 and 2465 on the Conquest May 4th. Is it for sure that there are twin beds on the floor that can be pushed together. I booked 2465 for friends, and if there aren't twin beds in that cabin, I will have a big problem. Took all the responsibility and promised them that there are twin beds. They can't climb to an upper bed.

Thank you.

Yes, they are twin beds on the floor that can be pushed together. I had 2462 and my friend had 2465 so I was in both rooms. Room 2462 has a bigger closet that's the only difference.

These are great rooms for the cost, there is vibration from the thrusters, but not too bad.

Thanks for the update

Conquest - Yes

Destiny - Yes

Freedom - Yes

Glory - No

Liberty - Yes

Triumph - Yes

Valor - Yes

Victory - No

Splendor - cabin is a different cat 6a

Updated

The Destiny and Triumph has one twin bed.. the destine had a sofa bed instead of a upper bed. Did that change since last year?

Thanks Loanshark!

We just booked this cabin for our kids for March 2009. Our PVP told us about this cabin and the layout, it was nice to see real pictures and videos. I'll have to show the kids when they get home. We are booked in a IS GTy, I'm thinking, we might like the room that matches it around the corner.

Thanks again,

Brenda

Archived