The Key Questions

27 minutes ago, Bahbey said:

I'm trying The Key for the first time.  Should I be receiving info about boarding, etc., via email?  Thanks. 

You may or may not... IF don't worry about it,  Show up whenever you feel like it and look for the signs that say "The Key" and go in through that line. Show your Set sail pass to them and you are set.  

Look at the benefits of The Key before you set off to the port as the Key Lunch ends at 1.30 so get onboard for that. The Internet is very good/fast and final day MDR breakfast is nice plus reserved seating at the Production Shows.

I would compare the cost of the Key with the cost of an internet package to determine whether it is worth the cost. Other than the internet package, the rest of the “perks” are relatively worthless. The boarding day lunch was meh at best, and the “reserved” seating at the shows is more hype than substance.

JMO, YMMV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

I would compare the cost of the Key with the cost of an internet package to determine whether it is worth the cost. Other than the internet package, the rest of the “perks” are relatively worthless. The boarding day lunch was meh at best, and the “reserved” seating at the shows is more hype than substance.

JMO, YMMV

This is the only way I would consider buying it.  We got it on Adventure back in February.  The price was $2 per day more than internet so for $16 per person we got the embarkation lunch which was a much better experience than braving the WJ on embarkation and I was able to take advantage of the reserved seats at the ice show.  They really were better seats.  And I took advantage of the extra time on the flowrider as well.  So all told, I considered it decent value but as you said it has to be very close to the internet price for me to be willing to pay.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This is the only way I would consider buying it.  We got it on Adventure back in February.  The price was $2 per day more than internet so for $16 per person we got the embarkation lunch which was a much better experience than braving the WJ on embarkation and I was able to take advantage of the reserved seats at the ice show.  They really were better seats.  And I took advantage of the extra time on the flowrider as well.  So all told, I considered it decent value but as you said it has to be very close to the internet price for me to be willing to pay.

We also got The Key for our upcoming Adventure sailing this week.  Isn't there also priority debarkation?  Did you use it? How did that work, exactly?  

Also, where was the embarkation lunch - MDR? 

14 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

We also got The Key for our upcoming Adventure sailing this week.  Isn't there also priority debarkation?  Did you use it? How did that work, exactly?  

I honestly don’t remember… debarkation was so smooth.  I don’t remember waiting in line at all.  I gues that’s a good thing 🙂 

When we have the key someimes we get an informational email sometimes not. There should be a sign at one of the entrances for people who have the key. It is normally by the sign for suites.

18 hours ago, Toddcan said:

We had the Key on Liberty a couple weeks ago (as well as last year). We did have priority debarkation. Time was at 7:30. Really wasn't much to it. Went downstairs at 7:30, walked off the boat, grabbed our luggage in the terminal and we were outside in the real world barely 15 minutes later - possibly less than 10.

Embarkation lunch was in the MDR. 

• Thanks 1