Water bottles

PFK56

We are preparing for our 1st O cruise. Is there anywhere on the ship that you can't carry a Hydro Flask style water bottle? I have been on one line that doesn't allow any liquids in the production show theater.

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Not that I can recall  but they will bring you a glass of water in the theater if requested

hi Lyn,

I was just thinking that I haven’t read any posts from you in a long time. Hope you are well😀

k🚢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

hi Lyn,

I was just thinking that I haven’t read any posts from you in a long time. Hope you are well😀

k🚢

All good  Thanks 😀

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

For me I go up to Horizons each night before I go to bed and pick up whatever canned fluids I wanted for the next day. Would always get a couple cans of diet Tonic Water and diet Ginger Ale. Can take them anywhere you want, on or off the ship. They don't care what waters or sodas or coffees or teas you bring to the Lounge, Horizons, etc. Wife often carries her colorful big metallic water container with her. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

For me I go up to Horizons each night before I go to bed and pick up whatever canned fluids I wanted for the next day. Would always get a couple cans of diet Tonic Water and diet Ginger Ale. Can take them anywhere you want, on or off the ship. They don't care what waters or sodas or coffees or teas you bring to the Lounge, Horizons, etc. Wife often carries her colorful big metallic water container with her. 

I am diabetic, so do they have a more extensive selection of diet or zero-sugar options? It was a simple joy, but I got excited onboard during our last HAL cruise when I discovered they had several Zero-type sodas available.

1 hour ago, scooter6139 said:

I am diabetic, so do they have a more extensive selection of diet or zero-sugar options? It was a simple joy, but I got excited onboard during our last HAL cruise when I discovered they had several Zero-type sodas available.

You should have your TA or you call O and tell them exactly what type of sodas you would like to have in your mini fridge and they will have them there for you (unless it is an odd port where the soda you request is not available)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

I am diabetic, so do they have a more extensive selection of diet or zero-sugar options?....

Besides the diet Tonic Water and diet Ginger Ale, they also had other diet soda pop products (e.g., diet Coke). I rarely drink soda pop, so didn't pay much attention to what else they had, but I think they have a decent basic selection.

• Like 1

Agreed.  Our experience on Riviera was that having asked our TA, coke zero was waiting in our fridge when we arrived.  However, coke zero was not readily available at the restaurants throughout the cruise, only diet Coke.  I did ask and a few times they found me one but at least on that cruise I often had to make do with diet Coke.  Of course, I assume I could have brought a can with me from the room as I did often bring in fresh coffee from Barista's.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Besides the diet Tonic Water and diet Ginger Ale, they also had other diet soda pop products (e.g., diet Coke). I rarely drink soda pop, so didn't pay much attention to what else they had, but I think they have a decent basic selection.

The availability of diet sodas can vary tremendously depending upon where the ship is being provisioned.  We have had difficulty getting diet tonic and/or ginger ale on certain itineraries but not others.  Club soda has not been an issue, though.