I was on the Cayman Capsized Boat

darin

• 2 months later...

I am not sure who is held liable; I believe that neither party is. Our group was not interested in "damages", but more concerned that this does not happen again in the future.

In the end though, I do believe that all “liability” lies with Kirk Sea Tours for:

1. Sending us out on a boat that their operations manager knew was not functioning properly – bilge pumps not working – no way to get water out of the boat.

2. Sending us out with an inexperienced 24 year old “captain” – he had no clue what he was doing, and when things got worse – sinking. He was nowhere to be found. I believe that if we had an experienced captain of the boat, they would have returned to the dock, instead of putting all our lives in jeopardy.

I believe that reason most people never hear of these incidents is due to the less than positive reflection it places on the cruise line. This matter was not the cruise lines fault.

:)

My wife and I were on the Costa Victoria in Mexico. We boarded a tour boat and only after we left the ship did I realize that it was unsafe. Life jackest locked up, broken seats and panels, etc.

Thank God we made it to land and the Victoria picked us up on the mainland.

I wrote a letter to Costa detailing the problems with the tour boat and they did respond. They even gave us a 50% discount coupon for our next cruise with them. However, we never used it. We were not trying to get something for nothing, just wanted them to fix the problem.

Fishfinder

Archived