Star Clipper Cannes to Lisbon

dvswar

My wife and I are booked on the Star Clipper cruise from Cannes to Lisbon on October 14, 2006. We'd love to hear from anyone who has done this trip. We sailed the Eastern Med. in June 2005 on Star Flyer and loved it.

Hi there, just today we booked the last (:) ) cabin for the Lisbon to Cannes sailing on May 10, when we come back I'll be happy to report on our experience, I'll post it on this thread. Cannot wait......we were really lucky to get into this sailing at such a late date. We went on the Star Flyer last year to Greece and had a wonderful time.

paolar47: We're sailing Star Flyer Athens-Istanbul itinerary on May 27--any outstanding memories or advice from your cruise last year?

We're looking forward to our first voyage on a Star Clippers cruise--welcome any suggestions on getting the most from our trip!

THANKS

We were on Star Flyer last summer on the Northern Cyclades cruise. Athens to Kusadasi and the northers islands, then back to Athens for a four day post cruise stay. Star Flyer is a wonderful ship - lots of friendly folks of all ages and nations. Crew was terrific - food great - and the tours offered at the stops were very nice. No need to book them until you're aboard. Have a great trip!!

We were on the Southern Cyclades cruise, never got to Istanbul, but we loved every minute of our week, even my husband was a happy camper (he hates the conventional cruise ships!!!). Just enjoy the ship, bring a good lightweight jacket (evenings can be cool up on deck) and good non skid shoes (deck can get wet from spray in the seas are a little rough).

Enjoy.

dvswar/paolar47:

Appreciate both your posts--glad to hear you both enjoyed the Star Flyer. We've typically booked our own tours on previous cruises, but with the uncertainty of arrival/departure times, decided we would look at the ship tours--we're especially excited about Ephesus.

Welcome the advice also about slippery decks and evening breezes--we're still "adjusting" to the idea of a cozier ship.

One additional question: Were there opportunities to use much of the water sports capability on the ship--we love to swim and snorkel, but not sure about possibilities in the Med.

THANKS

You can get equipment on board free for the whole week. We didn't use it because the water around the Greek Islands was too cold ( surprise surprise:eek: ), It was the last part of May and as far as i know no one took advantage of any sports equipment. Dependind were you are, snorkeling in the Med can be pretty good or really bad, I was born and raised in Italy so I've had a few encounters with both situations!Generally speaking, Southern Italy, Croatia and Greece are good snorkeling spots, just hope for warm waters! Enjoy...

Archived