? about canopy adv. in PV

Jennifer128

Booked canopy adventure through Carnival...... which company do they use for the excursion (Los Veranos?)....... also, is there a river to swim in after the zip lines, and can you order food/lunch at the bar, or is it just snack food?

Booked canopy adventure through Carnival...... which company do they use for the excursion (Los Veranos?)....... also, is there a river to swim in after the zip lines, and can you order food/lunch at the bar, or is it just snack food?

The cruise lines contract with Vallarta Adventures.

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/canopy-tour/index.html

I did their tour in Nov 2004. No river to swim. Nearly the entire tour is tree-top-to-tree-top zip lines with a rappel down from the trees at the end. I remember a cash bar at the end with light snacks available for purchase. They were building all new facilities at the excursion site at the time so I don't know what they offer out there right now.

The ride to/from the excursion site takes you up into the mountains north-northeast of Vallarta.

Enjoy!

I think the cruise lines use El Eden. We did De los Veranos and paid $71 pp. It was great and had a river to swim in and a very nice restaurant (with great margaritas!!!) ;) I believe the cruise line charges over $100 for their zip lines (which are said not to be as good as De Los Veranos.)

Here is the link in case you want to check on it...

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/

We had a blast - you can see pictures of our day there by clicking the link below and chosing the Puerto Vallarta Album.

This is taken directly from the Carnival web site -

On this excursion you will:

• Experience the lush emerald green tropical forests that surround Puerto Vallarta.
  • Take a 1-hour scenic drive to the canopy site for a short orientation & safety briefing.
  • See this amazing world as you glide from tree to tree and platform to platform using pulleys on horizontal traverse cables.
  • Sail through the treetops of the forest canopy, and over the trails far below.
  • Journey across 14 platforms situated between 10 and 90 feet above the ground.
  • Be assisted by expert guides on this exciting journey through the primitive wilderness.
  • Rappel back down to the forest floor.

That description is taken right from the VA site. Vallarta Adventures is more eco-tour via zip lines than the thrill rides at Los Veranos or El Eden.

My personal preference is Los Veranos because it offers more flexibility in the use of your time and costs less.

Enjoy!

My family did the Los Veranos lines last week & it was the highlight of the trip. My wife was nervous about doing it the whole way up, but by the end, she was wishing there were more lines. The lines & people are great, free drink at the end of the ride & the river is more like a controlled swimming pool (complete with slide). Cancel your carnival tour & book this one...you won't be sorry.

Archived