randi's happy horses

muffy168

I am a good irish girl and I am as fair skinned as they come. I wear sunscreen while riding and sit in the shade during lunch after the ride and have not burned on either time we did this awesome excursion. I always wear a baseball hat to protect my nose and my lips. Lip balm with sunscreen is mandatory for me daily! Light weight long shorts or capri's work perfect for this. I wore a very popular ballerina style shoe that no socks are required...they work great. Sandals with straps would be fine too! Just go and enjoy!!!:D

Do you ride in the water at all or just in the sand?

I don't eat any meat or fish. But I do love Mexican food. Is there anything to eat for me there? Chips and salsa or anything with just cheese?

Thanks guys.

I'm booked to go with Randi in May and I can't wait!

Oh, one more question. I see there is a weight limit (thankfully I'm under that :-) but do they weigh people? If they do does everyone hear what you weigh?

Do you ride in the water at all or just in the sand?

I don't eat any meat or fish. But I do love Mexican food. Is there anything to eat for me there? Chips and salsa or anything with just cheese?

Thanks guys.

I'm booked to go with Randi in May and I can't wait!

Oh, one more question. I see there is a weight limit (thankfully I'm under that :-) but do they weigh people? If they do does everyone hear what you weigh?

They have chips & salsa waiting for your at Victor's and Randi buys your first beverage. Here's a link to Suzihmkr's webshot gallery picture of the menu http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2668841590032405699GQrqRu (Thanks Tina) Remember the prices are in pesos, so for the quick and dirty conversion take off a zero.

Scale?!??! They never got me near no stinkin' scale! Or anybody else that I saw.

Enjoy

Ron

They have chips & salsa waiting for your at Victor's and Randi buys your first beverage. Here's a link to Suzihmkr's webshot gallery picture of the menu http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2668841590032405699GQrqRu (Thanks Tina) Remember the prices are in pesos, so for the quick and dirty conversion take off a zero.

Scale?!??! They never got me near no stinkin' scale! Or anybody else that I saw.

Enjoy

Ron

Hi Ron!!! Thanks for posting that. :)

When I was sitting there, some people looked at me funny for taking the picture. Of course, my family knew exactly what I was doing! So many people ask about the food! And oh so yummy!! My oldest daughter got the quesadilla and it was very good - she is a very picky eater. And the onion rings! To die for! The salsa is made fresh. Oh how I wish I was there now!

Thanks for posting the menu. That was great! Looks like I'll be eating a cheese quesadillas and onion rings!

I'm so happy I don't have to get on a scale!

Now my mind is put to rest and I can just count the days until I go on this fun trip!

Thanks for posting the menu. That was great! Looks like I'll be eating a cheese quesadillas and onion rings!

I'm so happy I don't have to get on a scale!

Now my mind is put to rest and I can just count the days until I go on this fun trip!

Oh! And if Victor gets back in time and he has avocados - definitely order the guac! Yum!!

This sounds like something my kids ages 6 and 8 would love to do. They aren't experienced however. But, my real concern is the heat & sun. We are all very fair skinned. Just being in the heat turns my kids' faces red. We are going in August. How long would we be on the horses? If we have to wear jeans/pants and tennis shoes, are we going to sweat to death?

Riding a horse is excuse to wear a cowboy hat...or any hat with a wide brim...and a "chin strap"...you know those leather strings that help you not lose your hat while running a horse...;) The hat should help avoid sunburn.

That is where Randy's Happy Horses is. I wish we were stopping there:rolleyes: She's a nice lady with a great tour!:)

we are sail on ncl star out on the 31 of march and im just wondering what port this horseback riding tour is out of? I think every port we go to has horse riding tours but its great to hear other peoples feedback...

we are sail on ncl star out on the 31 of march and im just wondering what port this horseback riding tour is out of? I think every port we go to has horse riding tours but its great to hear other peoples feedback...

Mazatlan

www.randishappyhorses.com

Our favorite - we have gone with Randi 3x and can't imagine being in Mazatlan and not venturing over to Stone Island to spend the afternoon with her. You won't regret it. :)

• 1 month later...

We were on the Golden Princess 4/19-26 and we were in Mazatlan on 4/23. There were two other ships in port that day (Dawn Princess and Vision of the Seas), so we had a total group size of about 20-25.

We had a great time. I got paired up with a more experienced horse "Colorado" as I have had some riding experience. Colorado did not disappoint me! We stayed up at the front of the group and did a lot of cantering down the beach! Randi's guides were excellent - I even got to practice my Spanish that has been sorrily neglected since high school/college!

And as everyone reports - the garlic & coconut shrimp at Victor's were marvelous!

We had a relaxing lunch and still got transported back to the dock area early (about 1:30pm).

Can't stress enough that you need to wear proper riding attire - long pants for both men & women, sports bra for women, and a hat that won't blow off your head (especially if you get a spirited horse like mine!). Also don't forget to bring some small bills for tipping, in addition to the $45 per person cost.

Archived