tatoo parlors?

devlshways

Nothing looks better than a tatoo on and old over weight lady at the pool on a cruise ship. LOL

They don't look so hot on fat men in speedos either:rolleyes: ...but I guess my feeling is, I got my tattoos for ME, so if you don't like it, don't look at it!! :eek:

They don't look so hot on fat men in speedos either:rolleyes: ...but I guess my feeling is, I got my tattoos for ME, so if you don't like it, don't look at it!! :eek:

Too many people forget that, yes I'm covered in tattoos, and I got them for me. I'm in shape but even if I weren't is it anyone but my business that I have them?

If you are leaving out of Miami and would like to go over to South Beach to check out the pros on that TLC channel show called Miami Ink, go over and check them out, its just over the Cswy not far from the Cruise Terminal over in South Beach.

IMG_7580_420x280.JPG.fbad761c907243ce08e7e6459da58e54.JPG

I just returned from a 15 day Princess cruise to Hawaii in February.

When I was in Kona, Hawaii...I got another tattoo. I checked out some studios on the internet prior to going over, but really didn't think it would happen as time was limited in that port...and I had things to do.

Just by chance, while walking the streets I found the very studio I had seen on the net and went inside. While talking to the staff, and looking at the work someone missed their appt. I hopped in the chair, and had a permanent souvenir in an hour and a half.

I bought the magic tat cream to use for sun, water, and protection/healing. For the most part...it seemed to work. The following day, I was snorkeling in the ocean at Kauai. You are right...it did hurt a little, so I got out. I ended up getting some sun, but always kept the cream on the tat. It did fester up pretty good, and I had a little bit of fade on one area of it. Not sure if it was the sun, or the surf...but there is definately a little fade. (the tat is black and gray...no other color) Contrary to popular belief...a tattoo is vulnerable to sun exposure up to 9 months after getting it.

It still looks great, and blends nicely with the other tattoo I got back in 1983...before tattoos were cool to have.

MY ADVICE:

If you do get a tattoo...no matter where in the world you get it...be mindful of the sun, and surf afterward. Protect your investment!

I think getting a tattoo on your travels is a GREAT idea. Just do it wisely.

Now... I'm looking forward recommendations from people who have actually gotten tats in Miami, Nassau, St. Thomas, or St. Maarten as well.

If you are leaving out of Miami and would like to go over to South Beach to check out the pros on that TLC channel show called Miami Ink, go over and check them out, its just over the Cswy not far from the Cruise Terminal over in South Beach.

That really is something we would like to have been able to do, but we're leaving out of Orlando, and time is an issue.... not enough of it to be able to go to Miami. :cool:

That really is something we would like to have been able to do, but we're leaving out of Orlando, and time is an issue.... not enough of it to be able to go to Miami. :cool:

Thats ok, just look forward to doing this when you do sail out of Miami, make sure you plan to arrive a day or 2 ahead so you can venture into South Beach. We didnt get Tatoos this time because we were Scuba Diving and didnt think it would heal right, but next time I will get one from those guys or from "Kat Von D" :D in the Miami Ink shop.

Fred

What are the henna ones like??? How does the sun and water affect them??? How long do they last and how to you remove them??

Henna is great. They need to be protected the first 24 hours for maximum benefit - vaseline covered is good with minimum sun and water - and can last up to a month. They are not pierced into the skin like a real tattoo, but the skin is stained with the henna. Nothing to remove, just fades with time.

Nothing looks better than a tatoo on and old over weight lady at the pool on a cruise ship. LOL

That was far from necessary. I didn't get my tats for everybody else. I got them for me. If you don't like them, don't look.

As an overweight person with a tattoo I would like to thank those who stuck up for us. THANK YOU :)

Most people get tattoos for a special reason. Mine happens to be a rose on my breast. Yes it will be a long stemmed rose by the time I am in my 70's.:eek: The rose signifies my love to my husband and has alot of memories.

So please you have no clue and the comment was way un-called for.:mad:

Guys, it was just one persons opinion... don't get so defensive, he/she is allowed that opinion. If you got it for "you", why worry what anyone else thinks?? Not everyone is going to like it or think it is attractive, but that's not why you got it, so why do you care what anyone else thinks?? It's a MESSAGE BOARD.

Guys, it was just one persons opinion... don't get so defensive, he/she is allowed that opinion. If you got it for "you", why worry what anyone else thinks?? Not everyone is going to like it or think it is attractive, but that's not why you got it, so why do you care what anyone else thinks?? It's a MESSAGE BOARD.

If the thread had been about "Do you like tattoos?" I'd agree with you. But it wasn't.

If the thread had been about "Do you like tattoos?" I'd agree with you. But it wasn't.

When has any thread on CC remained 100% on topic?? :confused: Funny, I don't see people getting all up in arms over some of the other things said on other threads. Mention fat men in speedos and it gets laughs... men with really hairy backs gets a chuckle or two... then the thong topics, etc etc etc. I guess people pick and choose what offends them... I'm just saying, don't make people think your skin all the sudden gets thinner once you get a tattoo...it's a message board. Not the first time someone has said something that you aren't going to agree with, and not the first time the topic has veered.

Archived