A Question for Past Carnival Spirit in Alaska Cruisers....

K.T.B.

I posted this on the Carnival side of the boards:

What is the cell phone usage like while in the various ports? While not going into particulars, there's a very good chance my wife and I will need to make sure we have one that works. While sailing, I know it's just not going to happen. Though since we're not "way out to sea", who knows..?

Thanks it advance!

Oh, to add to it: What's the cellphone coverage like in Vancouver?

Again, thanks!

I have verizon, had service in Juneau and Ketchikan, and heard will be service in Skagway this year?? I'll find out next week. I had no service a couple miles out of port. Vancouver has extensive service, verify your roaming charges with your service.

Thank you for the answer! Well, as an FYI, we have Sprint... So I guess we'll see what happens. Much like Carnival's customer service, you get 3 different answers when you talk to 3 different people.... :) I've yet to get the same answer from a Sprint person.

Hi, I also have Sprint, and so far, 2 representatives told me there is no coverage in Skagwy, Ketchikan or Junear. Haven't check about Vancouve yet. We are sailing 6/12, so would love to hear from anyone with Sprint is this is corred.

Nancy

Hi, I also have Sprint, and so far, 2 representatives told me there is no coverage in Skagwy, Ketchikan or Junear. Haven't check about Vancouve yet. We are sailing 6/12, so would love to hear from anyone with Sprint is this is corred.

Nancy

Hi Kevin - I have Spirit also and someone posted that they did get service in a couple of ports but I don't have the info in front of me right now. I'll check my info when I get home. I know the "other" Cheryl has the information too - maybe she will see your post and she can answer this question for you.

I would also like to know what nights are formal nights. We are going southbound.

Archived