Sorry but I don't like this

Sorry folks but I won't be on here much now-I don't like this new set up at all.I know some will say -give it time but heck-I loved my thread on the Floataway Lounge.I don't know what I would have done the past few months without my buddies on there and now my thread is gone.

My postings have gone also,heck I have only been on here a year and was looking forward to the big 1000 very soon and now I am down at 43 !

Good luck and bye

Liz

sorry to see you go...

i think the new boards really are a lot nicer, user friendly, and faster than the old boards. i think they've done a wonderful job. and this is all considering it can only get better after this and they've gotten rid of all the kinks in the system!

New boards are definitely faster...

They also don't have this bug when it starts load and then stops and you get same text over and over again until it's fully loaded!

Oh thanks Family of 14.... I think I will try that.My old thread was my "comfort blanket"-lol.......I think all the rain we are having in Scotland today/night is getting to me.

Now got to find the thread again with the smilies.It is nearly bedtime here so maybe I should leave all this till tomorrow eh?

Liz

Just going to take some getting used to..............I would stick around and give it a chance.........everyday I use it, I learn more of what I can do that you couldn't on the old boards.

Jim

I find this board to have a great cost to value ratio . Its free ! If they loose your post count or cant keep a thread archived for 5 years what have you lost ? Oh dumb question , your post count and an old thread :)

Off to try to copy and paste old thread to Floataway Lounge.

If threads etc had been years old and not posted on for long time I would say OK but when threads that are posted on every day are gone it is a wee bit sad.

I am still trying to get the smileys on here !!!!!

Liz

Sorry folks but I won't be on here much now-I don't like this new set up at all.I

Good luck and bye

Liz

You can't leave us, Liz! You have to restart the ROH!!! I've been looking for you! :) Change is hard. I don't much like change, but I love all of you and I could not leave because of that! We'll get used to it. Everyone got slammed with the post count ... I guess there just wasn't any other way. If you like I'll see if I can archive the ROH thread! Let me know!

Mikey spmi.gif

Oh mike my friend how nice to see you......Laura says I can copy and paste old ROH if done before end of month !!! I know others might think it a bit daft to do that but hey you guys on that thread have helped me so much recently.I know if I don't feel like doing the main board I can leave a wee ranting and raving on our ROH.

When did the boards come back on? I haven't been on since this morning and it is 22.10 here now

catch up soon ok

Liz

Liz, maybe (?) I can help with the smilies, colors, etc. Go to User CP, click on Edit Options, scroll to Miscellaneous (whatever else it says) and check that option. Make sure to click "Save." :) Hey it works!!!:D Even the colors work now! Don't give up and leave. Believe me, if a computer nitwit like me can get this far (lots more to figure out, but it'll come) so can you.

Elf

Liz - Don't try to post more than a few post at a time, or you will get a message saying you have too many characters(10,000 per post is the limit). It will be a long process for sure. Better to just start a new post. If you just want to save all the post for personal reasons, then you can copy/paste to your Word program in a snap and start a new thread..

I was so happy to get the :) back but havent gotten the colors to work for me but what the heck Ill get there before its all overComic sans is my favorite font ok got the font now for the color I guess it just looks wierd while typing here but once you post it changes how cool

aaaagghhh .....sorry but I cant get the smilies and colour changes....mmm just a thought...we have a dual boot on comptr and on windows 2000 just now but will try 98 and see if that makes any difference.....thanks all for your help.

I shall return ......I think

Liz

Diane

I have tried what you suggested but for some reason,I cant get the smilies or colour changes.I am now trying it on win 98,Aol 9 but alas still no luck,heck I must be dumb tonight.But I will keep trying-lol It wont beat me-lol

Liz

Now I have found it all :D

How dumb am I ?? ok answers on a postcard :D Duh

I was using quick reply instead of normal reply !! Ok you can stop laughing now everyone :o

Thanks all,hey maybe I will stick around here after all ;)

Liz

It WILL take some getting used to....but don't give up. Maybe they will do a new contest like the one last year where you had to find the clues....that will certainly give everything a workout! They should have made these changes in the dead of winter when there is not much else to do!!

Another thing you can do is subscribe to threads, and then under Your CP, only those threads will be listed. OK, I admit I found out about it by accident. :rolleyes: :eek: Yes, and there are cute smilies if you change your posting to standard. :p ;) And you can post in Color Or make the text jumbo

Archived