Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Megsmom1

Best pre-cruise hotel for LA

My sister actually lives in LA, and I was thinking we would stay with her pre-cruise, but I am unsure of traffic situations getting to the port. Any thoughts on those of you who have sailed from LA before? Can anyone suggest the best hotel in Los Angeles for the night prior to our cruise?

Thanks!

the Hilton or Marriott both have shuttles to the dock so check with them in San Pedro

My sister actually lives in LA, and I was thinking we would stay with her pre-cruise, but I am unsure of traffic situations getting to the port. Any thoughts on those of you who have sailed from LA before? Can anyone suggest the best hotel in Los Angeles for the night prior to our cruise?

Thanks!

Hi, we just returned from the Sapphire,Ap15-22. We stayed at the Renaissance LAX. It was a beautiful and very clean and quiet hotel. There was a free shuttle that picked us up and our room was ready when we arrived.There was a very nice breakfast buffet the next morning.

We ended up taking a taxi to SanPedro. We were very pleased with that decision. We could not decide whether or not to go the shuttle route, but since there were three of us, we just thought that we would give the taxi a try. It was $41. for the three of us and we left the hotel around 10:30 am. We were on the ship by 12.

Check the rates on the Renaissance. I know that our rates dropped a couple of times after we had booked and that was Easter weekend. The beds are very comfortable!

Linda

Prior to our cruise on the NCL Star out of San Pedro we stayed at the Coast LOng Beach hotel. Very nice hotel on the harbor of Long Beach. We rented a car but there is a free bus shuttle that swings by the Coast and takes you into downtown Long Beach. The hotel was also within walking distance of the Queen Mary.

I second the suggestion for the Coast Long Beach Hotel. Very nice and if I remember correctly, if you are a member of AAA there is a discount. They do have the shuttle to the ship and there is also a bus/trolley service to downtown long beach (free) that was nice. If you do stay, go to the Reef restaurant which is a short walk from the hotel. The food was really nice.