Freedom D1 cabin Warning!!

Just spoke with my T/A who called RCI, on 5/11, their Revenue department re-assigned us, their customer service dept could only offer up the same info, no other info why were were moved, other than all cat D1 hump cabins are closed to 3rd and 4th passangers till further notice (hmm...to limit capacity or they can only hold 2 paxs?)

Customer Service is currently working on finding a mid-ship location for us on our 8/27 Cruise.

Wonder what surprises those folks who are sailing now, and booked a D1 hump cabin got, when they checked-in?

-MACE-

Just spoke with my T/A who called RCI, on 5/11, their Revenue department re-assigned us, their customer service dept could only offer up the same info, no other info why were were moved, other than all cat D1 hump cabins are closed to 3rd and 4th passangers till further notice (hmm...to limit capacity or they can only hold 2 paxs?)

Customer Service is currently working on finding a mid-ship location for us on our 8/27 Cruise.

Wonder what surprises those folks who are sailing now, and booked a D1 hump cabin got, when they checked-in?

-MACE-

There will be a few, we took someone else's cabin but someone will get the surprise of one of the best on the ship for a D1 vs 4th balcony from the front. Our sailing was sold out for months and now cabins are starting to resurface. You are right close if not after final payment right? That is my hope is that something might budge but nothing for 3 can really get us much closer to where we want to be then we are. Only hope now is a JS with an inside nearby. Not ideal but would work.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I have my fingers crossed for you Dawna!

Thanks! Know what Mustard of the Seas is but what does NUTZ stand for? Were trying to name our group right now and we all agree that we can be a few fries short of a happy meal.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hi Dawna:

You are right, final payment is due 6/18

Currently, what Cat D1 assignment do you hold?

Trying for a possible upgrade in location (and cabin) from our current cat D1 #1692, I asked my T/A, when she is working with customer service, to give them my C&A # and remind them this is our 6th RCI cruise, not expecting much, but hey...its worth a shot

-MACE-

We are sailing on 6/18 and found out accidentally (by checking our ressie on RCCL website after reading this board) AFTER we made final paymt. They made the change on 4/27 but no one ever called us!! Very rude and poor cust svc. Did not offer any compensation either but now I'm hearing someone got offered 75.00 onboard credit? We are on Deck 8 and they moved our boys (older not little kids) to Deck 10 w/out asking first. I called and they were able to move them back to Deck 8 but 7 cabins ahead of us when they were directly across. So we will be able to see how many people are actually in their original room since my hubby and I will be directly across. IF there are more than 2 people in that room...I will complain!! BTW..we also had these rooms booked since Summer 2005.

Hi Dawna:

You are right, final payment is due 6/18

Currently, what Cat D1 assignment do you hold?

Trying for a possible upgrade in location (and cabin) from our current cat D1 #1692, I asked my T/A, when she is working with customer service, to give them my C&A # and remind them this is our 6th RCI cruise, not expecting much, but hey...its worth a shot

-MACE-

I am in 9374 so about 6 more cabins forward then you are. I have been watching inventory like a hawk and things are definitely shifting just nothing is opening yet. Our final isn't until 7/16 so I have a few more weeks until I get really bummed. We too pointed out our brand loyalty to Royal Caribbean as well as the fact were stock holders. Just remember staying calm always works best. :D Your complaining because your going on a cruise and they may have never been on one, hehe.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We are sailing on 6/18 and found out accidentally (by checking our ressie on RCCL website after reading this board) AFTER we made final paymt. They made the change on 4/27 but no one ever called us!! Very rude and poor cust svc. Did not offer any compensation either but now I'm hearing someone got offered 75.00 onboard credit? We are on Deck 8 and they moved our boys (older not little kids) to Deck 10 w/out asking first. I called and they were able to move them back to Deck 8 but 7 cabins ahead of us when they were directly across. So we will be able to see how many people are actually in their original room since my hubby and I will be directly across. IF there are more than 2 people in that room...I will complain!! BTW..we also had these rooms booked since Summer 2005.

Seems April 46th & 27th were the magic days they changed us all. I know to some people it doesn't matter and on any other cruise I wouldn't be so upset but I have not seen my parents in 7 years and my sister in 15 so I wanted to be close to them. Now if my father in law was on the ship, heck move me anywhere but next to him, hehe. Not that I don't like him it's just I get to see him several times a year.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Ok - so this is really freaking me out - we are booked for cabin #2378 and have booked with 3 people. Anyone know if they are moving people out of this one? Or, if anyone has a pic of this room I would love to see it. We are on the 10/29/06 sailing.

Thanks!

:confused:

It's only the D1's that I have heard are having trouble. I wouldn't worry if I were you.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hi there -

I thought I had booked a D1 where I had actually booked an E1 on the 10/14/07 sailing and I called my TA today and she checked with RCI and we do, in fact, have a sofa in our room. However, when I went into our deck plan it did say that "some have sofas" so I wanted to confirm.

We are on Deck 8 in 8264 in case anyone is interested.

Peggy, Norwood MA:)

I think we have 6 going from city now since RCI kicked my buddys family out.

We have 4 from our family then 2 others that is going with us.

We can't wait to go, but its a shame that RCI has to screw some of their best passangers, especially Crown and Anchor members.

I'd say that there is going to be alot of ticked off people that are gonna be switching to Carnival next year.

Just spoke with my T/A, we are still relocated from cat D1 hump cabin 9342 to Cat D1 1692 (last D1 cabin all the way aft, port side, deck 10)

She is working with Julie in Customer Service who has offered a ship board credit as well as trying to find a mid-ship cat D1.

Gotta love my T/A cause she is pushing Julie to put is in a cat JS...she's a little upset with RCI for the fact she, nor I, weren't even given a call that we got moved.

Julie stated that RCI messed up the deck plans and reservations, specifically with these cat D1 hump cabins that only hold 2, but they've also have this problem with other cabins that show to hold more than 2, but don't.

I'm hoping we'll see some reviews starting Sunday, that tell the truth about what the heck is going on here with RCI and their problems with this issue.

-MACE-

It seems official, they updated the plans on Royals site to show the mid humps can only hold 2. :( Still showing others that some of us have been kicked out as hold 4 but least they are making some progress. Didn't change the Liberty though. Still waiting to see the cabin my TA swears she had me wait listed in 9040, it doesn't exist but she swore it did.

Matt, It's to bad about your friends. Guess sometimes it depends on who you talk to. I know my TA sure isn't doing her job. I made more progress then she has even though Royal isn't suppose to talk to me.

Mace: We have also been offered a shipboard credit. I actually didn't say I wanted it so wonder if I even have one. When she offered it I explained I just wanted assurance I would not be moved without my permission as well as assurance that the cabin were now in holds 3.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Just spoke with my T/A, we are still relocated from cat D1 hump cabin 9342 to Cat D1 1692 (last D1 cabin all the way aft, port side, deck 10)

She is working with Julie in Customer Service who has offered a ship board credit as well as trying to find a mid-ship cat D1.

Gotta love my T/A cause she is pushing Julie to put is in a cat JS...she's a little upset with RCI for the fact she, nor I, weren't even given a call that we got moved.

Julie stated that RCI messed up the deck plans and reservations, specifically with these cat D1 hump cabins that only hold 2, but they've also have this problem with other cabins that show to hold more than 2, but don't.

I'm hoping we'll see some reviews starting Sunday, that tell the truth about what the heck is going on here with RCI and their problems with this issue.

-MACE-

Call & tell them you want 1590 & 1575!! Get's ya midship again.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Dawna, I like your thinking!

Cabin 1590 would be great, a JS on deck 10 thats just about mid-ship....now we're talking.

My T/A said she will have Customer Service's final response regarding our cabin relocation/assisgnment, tomorrow at 4pm

A upgrade to midship and then a bump to JS, would be a nice little surprise!

-MACE-

Honestly I wouldn't have thought about them giving us two cabins until the lady I spoke with tried to find two near each other. There was also two balconies on deck 6 next to each other when I looked at your sailing but no better position so doubt they would take the midship argument.

Good luck, Keep us posted.

Dawna

Yeah, its a shame.

He is giving the TA till Monday to get it straightened out.

He too is pushing for a junior suite.

It's just a shame that RCI will move you without your authorization.

Update from my T/A:

No upgrade to a JS (sigh...but I kinda knew that was a unrealistic expectation).

More bad news...the best Customer Service could offer is Cat D1 #6372, deck 6, starboard side, pretty much aft.

We're currently holding our original 'relocation cabin' #1692 port side, last D1 cabin, all the way aft.

I do like sitting on a port side balcony, sipping a cold cocktail when cruising out of Miami, watching the Jet Skis chase the ship out, seeing traffic stopping to salute and stare at the ship, looking at the nice homes and causeways, and passing Miami Beach, before heading out to sea...not to mention this cabin is one deck below the pools and Windjammer Cafe. Guess we could have done worse...but woulnd't mind better, if possible.

That being said, my T/A is still following up on RCI's offer of a shipboard credit and exactly what that will be.

Looks like we've been relocated to the best available D1 that holds 3 paxs

-MACE-

So is everyone getting an onboard credit or only IF you ask? Our sons' rooms were changed w/out us being notified and nothing was offered to us. Now I think I'm going to ask for one too!

Archived