What is included?

new2cruizin

Okay...first off....I'm new to princess.....I have only cruised RCCL and therefore I only know what I am used to.

I have read that there is no fruit juices/lemonade on Princess...fine....I'll bring my crystal lite and koolaid packs...no problem....I am curious though what is free to drink...water, iced tea, coffee??? Milk? What about chocolate milk? Juices in the morning free?? Are beverages only free in the dining room?

Also, we have always had the free icecream on RCCL and then had the option of ben and jerrys for 3 bucks.....does princess offer icecream at all on board? What about for dessert in the dining room....my 8 yr old won't eat fancy desserts as he's an icecream or chocolate cake kinda kid....so I'm just trying to plan ahead.

Other than alcohol and soda costing....are there other food/drink items that cost onboard? I don't want to be unaware and have a nice bill after the first day b/c we ate pizza from a certain place that wasn't inlcuded in the free food.....

Thank You for helping an unseasoned Princess cruiser.....

Water, iced tea, and coffee are free and available in Horizon Court and the dining room. Fruit juice and milk are available and free at breakfast. I don't recall about chocolate milk.

A soda card, can be purchased for around $20. Not sure on the exact price, since we never buy them.

Princess has free ice cream in Horizon court every afternoon. It is always on the dining room menus and it is delicious. Otherwise there is an ice cream bar on board that charges.

Sabatini's and Sterling Steakhouse are alternative restaurants that charge $20 and $15 respectively.

Hope this helps.

PIzza is included (and many of us think it is excellent), as are burgers, hot dogs, bratwurst sadwiches, fries and some other items at the grill. These too are pretty good - freshly prepared, not sitting under a heat lamp.

Soda card price depends on the length of the cruise, from what I understand.

The ice cream is excellent, and they often offer unusual flavors. Not sure, but I think they make it onboard.

Okay...first off....I'm new to princess.....I have only cruised RCCL and therefore I only know what I am used to.

I have read that there is no fruit juices/lemonade on Princess...fine....I'll bring my crystal lite and koolaid packs...no problem....I am curious though what is free to drink...water, iced tea, coffee??? Milk? What about chocolate milk? Juices in the morning free?? Are beverages only free in the dining room?

All these beverages are available from room service. You can get milk & chocolate milk in the dining room any time.

Also, we have always had the free icecream on RCCL and then had the option of ben and jerrys for 3 bucks.....does princess offer icecream at all on board? What about for dessert in the dining room....my 8 yr old won't eat fancy desserts as he's an icecream or chocolate cake kinda kid....so I'm just trying to plan ahead.

Ice cream every night in the dining room! Also can be purchased on deck or is available in the late afternoons in the Horizon court.

Other than alcohol and soda costing....are there other food/drink items that cost onboard? I don't want to be unaware and have a nice bill after the first day b/c we ate pizza from a certain place that wasn't inlcuded in the free food.....

Thank You for helping an unseasoned Princess cruiser.....

The only food that you have to pay extra for is in the alternative dining venues....Sterlings & Sabitinis. Eat all the pizza you want (I find it to be very good)!

In December, the soda cards were $3.99 per day + 15%.

Incorrect or incomplete information. There are fruit juices either in the buffet or the dining room for breakfast. There is no unlimited lemonade 24/7 in the buffet. Yes, you can get water, iced tea, tea, coffee, milk, chocolate milk in any dining room at any time -- free. There's also a soda card, similar to RCCL's although it's less-expensive on Princess.

You can get ice cream every afternoon, from about 3PM on, in the buffet. It's fabulous. There is also ice cream available in the dining room for lunch and dinner, with chocolate and vanilla ice cream "always available." The ice cream on Princess is as good as, or better than, Ben & Jerrys. There's no magic formula when it comes to ice cream -- it's all in the fat content -- and the flavors on Princess are excellent, and varied. Princess also has a specialty ice cream stand near the pool on some ships called, "Scoops" that's an extra charge. However, the free ice cream on Princess is excellent and you can get it pretty much throughout the day from mid-day on if you count the dining room, afternoon in the buffet, and dinner at night.

Other than alcohol and sodas, you'll pay extra for cappucino and specialty coffees. There are specialty restaurants that charge extra but if you choose to stick to the dining room(s), there'll be no extra cost. The pizza on Princess is superb... and free.

For juices they have them at breakfast as mentioned (and room service then too which was nice!).

But the kids also got juice and milk/chocolate milk in the dining room at dinner since they are on the kids menus. So I'm sure even if you don't have kids if you ask you could still get them.

The free afternoon sundaes were from 3 - 4pm in Horizon.

We often order milk with dinner in the dining room and there is no charge.

If you want milk at the buffet for lunch or dinner, just ask the buffet staff. I will confess to getting myself a glass of milk from the carafes in the buffet area that (I think) are supposed to be for people to add to their coffee. However, there was no sign saying I couldn't help myself, so I did. :)

:D I appreciate everyone's input.....I'm glad they have juices and chocolate milk on the kids menus...that helps alot with the kids.....I don't mind if my kids drink soda, but being as it's hot and humid I would rather them drink water or juice. As for my lemonade I just found some country time lemonade instant in those packets that everyone has...so I can bring those and add it to the water when I feel like it.

Looks like I can eat anything else...LOL

thanks again everyone!!

I believe it is walmart......I would check your local grocery stores as I'm not sure where abouts you live....I have found various drink packets at our grocery stores as well as Walmart....hope you find them....

I just read that on the Crown, in the new "Plaza" area, some of the casual eating areas will be charging! :(

That's what I'm wondering about. I downloaded the info on the new Crown and it lists all these wonderful places you can eat. I understand that the specialty restaurants charge, but what about the rest listed under casual (i.e., Cafe Caribe, Vine wine & seafood bar, International Cafe, Pizza & ice cream bar, burger & hot dog grill, afternoon tea)? Are any of these an additional charge? Where can I find out?

Thanks!!

My eight year old daughter is one of the pickiest eaters around and she loved the pizza on the Island Princess (but thought the Sapphire pizza was so so). She also enjoyed the hot dogs. The pizza and grill (hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken sandwiches) were only opened during the day on the IP -- and probably most of the ships -- so we usually made sure to take her over by 5:30 so she wouldn't be disappointed. There should also be kids' food available in the dining room. Our girl only ate there the first night so I don't remember. But you can ask the waiter if they have pizza, hot dogs, spaghetti available for the kids.

If they're into vanilla and chocolate ice cream, be aware that often the Horizon court's afternoon ice cream may have unusual flavors. There's usually some delicious cookies there at lunch.

Archived