Preboarding Time in Barcelona

Our flight to Barcelona is scheduled to arrive around 8:00AM, which will give us plenty of free time until our boat departs at 7:00PM. I know we need to get onboard long before we leave, but I hate to waste any free time we have. Does anyone have suggestions or ideas what to do with the time they have once their planes land until they board their boat? (We are staying an extra night in Barcelona post cruise.)

Call your cruiseline and ask.

If your taking the cruiseline's air, you'll be met at the airport and perhaps taken on a city bus tour.

If you're flying on your own, then ask your cruiseline if you can drop off your luggage in the morning. If you can, then I'd suggest going right from the airport to the dock, dropping off your luggage and then taking a taxi back to the main part of town to see some of Barcelona. You'll probably be tired from the overnight flight, so perhaps the hop-on, hop-off bus would be the easiest thing to do along with walking Las Ramblas and having some lunch nearby.

If you're flying Biz Class or are a member of the airline's Club Lounge, see if the airline's Lounge in Barcelona has showers. I take a change of clothes in my carry-on, then take a shower at the airport if I know I won't be in my hotel room or cabin before late in the afternoon. This makes a HUGE difference in the way I feel. I feel refreshed and clean and am able to enjoy the morning and afternoon.

Archived