Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lele100

Please help Playa beach and hangout info

Could anyone tell me what is a good beach at Playa del Carmen, we want a beach that is close to Carlos and Charlies or Senor Frogs somewhere where we can walk from the beach there.

Really? from what I understood, Playa del Carmen is small everything is accesible by foot

Carlos and Charlie's is about a block from the beach. There are also several bars/beach clubs right on the beach near the pier.

I didn't see Senor Frogs so can't tell you it's proximity to a beach. However my map shows it about a block from the beach as well.

Thanks Trainacomin,

Do you know what the name of that beach is called so I can ask the cab to drop us off there?

Thanks

I am staying in a condo in June right above S, Frogs. It is right on the beach beside the ferry. Pictures show a beach. PH

I don't know if the beach has a name. All beaches in Mexico are public so I don't know that they are named. Tell the taxi to take you to the ferry pier in Playa. There are great beaches on either side of the pier. Carlos and Charlies is only one block up the street from the pier.

just back from the inspiration. senor frogs is right at the ferry pier.. my friend had to eat lunch there...rip-off. $11.50 for plain nachos...eat local!! i did not want to go to this beach, but friends dh said lets just go here...on the other side of the pier..they cahrged $10 for a table, 4 chairs and umbrella...$20 for little loungers and umbrella.. yep, i thought all this was free, just buy munchies and drinks....not so...mamitas beach club has a pool and bar...carnival has an excursion to a beach 5 min from the ship...this is where i wanted to go... not thru carnival, by cab! $5 bucks gets the snorkel gear, they have a bar/food and a reef...if u take a cab to 5th ave from the ship..u can walk down to the beach if thats the one u wish to visit. only 10 min by cab..nice area, lots of shops and restaurants..

We were just there last week. There is a pier where the ferry is. Senor Frogs is right beside it and Carlos and Charlies can be seen from here about a block up. We sat on the beach by the ferry where there is a drink hut and they will come serve you drinks on the beach. Some of the younger girls in our group parasailed from this area as well. Very good experience for them. We all went to Senor Frogs and ate, it is expensive compared to other local places, about the same as you would pay here. The food was very good though and had huge servings. The entertainment here is watching the younger crowd drinking too much.:eek: