Before and After??

aprils0909

5'3 42 years old

135 lbs.

38-32-39

after 3 months of cardio and weights 3 times a week for 45 min to an hour:

130 lbs

39-27-38

and my clothes fit. I can even wear a swimsuit!

Keep on working out! Drink water and eat good stuff...

I'll be 48 this week. So far, I've lost 63 lbs - my current weight is 158, at 5'2". I haven't been measured in a few months - but this is what I have:

start- 9/15/04 - 221 lbs

49 - 44.25 - 50

last measurement - 1/2/06 - 160 lbs

(I've pretty much plateaued since January)

40 - 35 - 41

I usually get to the gym 4-5x per week - mostly cardio for 60-90 min sessions. (I need to step up my weight training.) When the weather is nice, I also ride my bike on the weekends. My WOE (way of eating) is mostly trying to control portion sizes, watching out for saturated fats (to control my high cholesterol), eating less sugar, white flour & processed foods, & eating more fruits & veggies,

I still have a ways to go, but this is great for me so far!

Sha

Here's my stats:

5' 5"

Before weight: 205 lbs.

Size 18/20 W (Plus size)

Current weight: 143 lbs.

Size 8/10

DH took an "after" picture of me on Saturday. I just need to upload it from the camera. Once I do that, I'll post and before/after picture. What a difference!

Here's my stats:

5' 5"

Before weight: 205 lbs.

Size 18/20 W (Plus size)

Current weight: 143 lbs.

Size 8/10

DH took an "after" picture of me on Saturday. I just need to upload it from the camera. Once I do that, I'll post and before/after picture. What a difference!

I follow Weight Watchers and exercise 4-5 days a week doing at least one hour of cardio and strength training.

I'll jump in too!!! I'm 56 years old 5'4"

Largest stats: jan 20, 2005

183lbs

38.5-34.5 -45.5 size 16 jeans, couldn't wear size 34 riding breaches

today: 161lbs

May1 stats: 38-32-42 size 12 jeans, size 32 riding breaches

Stayed at this set point for most of the year until I slipped up in Feb. My goal is to reach 150 and stay in the 150-155 range for a year to establish a new set point.

I do lo-carb with lots of green veggies, minimum white food. I exercise 30-45 min cardio 5xweek/ strength 1-2xweek/ ride the horse 3-5x week.

I'm pleased with my slow progress and most pleased with my fitness. I like the way I look and now the struggle will be to lose that last ten pounds to create a new body image.

Oh my.. Everybody has done so well!

Just this week I reached my goal. I started at 150 in January, and reached my goal of 120. Now comes the work of keeping my weight loss. I loved that I beat the oods of not being able to loose weight at 50 yrs old.

I think everyone must find a routine that works for thier body. So what may have worked for me may not work for someone else.... But here is how I went about it.

I took away most carbs... I eliminated all breads, pasta, rice, ect... I ate and still do eat meats, fish, chicken, pork, ect, and got my carbs from veggies. Unlike Atkins I was also aware of the amout of calories I ate in a day. I am the kind of person that hates to eat breakfast, and most of the time would skip lunch... I changed this habit, and was actually eating more than before I begin my diet... Yes, when I began it was absolutely a diet.

I was never able to get myself to eat breakfast, but I would drop cheese in my pocketbook and eat it mid morning. The key for me was to prepare. I would prepare my "cheese", and lunch each morning. I found if I had the right foods I would not go out to lunch at work where there were no good options.

After a while, my habits were really changed and it no longer became a diet or a means to loose weight, it was just normal. Funny, but you find things to solve your cravings... For me it was ritz crackers! It solved the sweet and carb craving... I still eat a handful each night. Not on a soapbox here, but you cannot set unrealistic goals. For me eating breakfast was just unrealistic, so I did not try to change this, did not beat myself up about it or set myself up for any guilt trips. I just found other habits to change and I had plenty!

Most important and I have said this before, dont give up... At first I went week after week without loosing weight at all... No matter what I stuck with it, and then it started to happen.. We all loose different. I would envy thoes who start a diet and loose 10 LBS right away. Well that was not how my body reacted to a diet so I accepted that.... Just try a few things until you find the right one for you....

The results will come.... I have to tell someone this as my husband did not jump up and down for joy when I showed him!!... Tonight I started to buy a few pair of shorts for our July cruise... I came home with size 2!! Shoot, I never even wore that size when I was a teenager. Oh poor me, it is not easy finding a size 2 for someone at 50 Yrs old, short of shopping in the Jr secton!

Good luck , keep up the fight!

smoothdancer:

congratulations! what a fantastic achievement!

I started changing my diet and exercise in January and have gone from 190 to 145. I am only 5 foot 1 inch, so i still have a way to go!

I bought a new skirt this week and it is a size 8 (i was an 18 in january) so i want to wear it with the ticket out (hee hee)

my husband does not jump up and down either, so i wanted to share with someone!

keep up the good work.....i am hoping to lose 20 more before the end of the year

nancy

You ladies are amazing, I'm working on it! I have been following sheila's and smooth's progress they both are so dedicated. I was 183 on Feb 23 weighed 168 last friday. I have been following WW but had a bad few day's. Really need to get the exercising in. I was 43- 37-45 in Jan of 06. I have a couple of years on Mountain mare I'm 58. Give me a couple of weeks and I will measure again.

Smooth~You should be so proud of your self, size 2!!!!!

Wierdeyes~ Now I really want want to see those before and after.

Nancyrg~190-145 since January! Heck of an accomplishment.

Sha~ OMG way to go I had no idea you had accomplished so much!!!

Mrslewdag~Well I guess I really have to join a club and work out. Look how good you have done. yup that's the secret!!

Okay, Now just do it!!:eek:

Dianne

Dianne:

working out makes a HUGE difference in losing weight. i know how hard it is to get started, but it really helps the pounds come off

try to find something that you enjoy-that makes exercising a lot easier!

good luck and keep up the good work!

nancy

Thanks Nancyrg, your right I have been trying at home with exercise videos but tend to poop out. I think I work at it to hard especially since I'm not used to it. I have a very active job so I tend to think I can start at full speed. I have joined gyms twice and after the first couple of weeks I quit but have to keep paying. Guess I want to be sure I will do it this time.

Wierd eyes~ You can tuck your shirt in!! You really look great.:)

Sheila ~ Found this thread and you look fanastic!!!! :D I wouldn't even say you need to loose your tummy, but I know what your thinking. I feel the same here. How did you load those pictures by the way? Mine all seem too big.

Thanks everyone for being so kind. :o

Janice ~ I made them into a .jpg file with a photo editor and then posted them to http://www.photobucket.com (free to register). I copied the file to my post. It is really easy. Oh, if you saw me in person you'd see what I was talking about with the tummy. You can't see it all that well in the picture. ;)

Sheila - All I can say is WOW! You look FABULOUS!

And I want to know how you loaded the pix, too! I want to load my before & "current" pix!

And to everyone else - WAY TO GO! It shows that real people like us can lose weight & get fit - not just those "results not typical" people on TV & in the magazines selling dubious weight loss products! :rolleyes:

To those of you, like me, who have not hit your "goal" yet - please post your progress, too - Weight loss & fitness are about the journey - not just the destination! Join the wild ride!

Sha

Shelia,

I LOVED your before and after... Boy oh boy, you did great!!

My next before and after is going to be my bathing suit challenge!!! I did buy the cutest 2 piece bathing suit for our cruise in July... 7 weeks to go, and if I get my tail to the gym I think I will be there!

Thank you!!

Janice & Sha ~ If you like, send me your pictures and I'll "put them together" with whatever text you want and then post them for you. I use a graphics software called Paint Shop Pro. You can e-mail me at weirdeyes at hotmail dot com to give me your e-mail address and then I'll e-mail you from my "real" e-mail. Yes, I'm being very cautious. I don't want any SPAM. LOL If you don't want to go that route, I can try to give you instructions on what to do, but if you don't have software that will make a picture file, it won't work. ;)

Smooth ~ I plan on doing the swimsuit "after" picture after I have my surgery in Sept. and all of the swelling goes done. I can't wait to see your picture. I bet you look fantastic in your suit. You go girl!!

Sheila ~ Thanks for offering to help. You are very sweet. I figured out your other suggestion using the photobucket website. My only problem now is finding my before picture. I have a few from my last cruise, but nothing handy from my heavier times. I'll do some searching on disks at home some day and then post. Have a great time on your trip as I won't be posting much probably before you leave.

I have been playing around with Paint Shop Pro myself... It is really fustrating for me..... But I am determined.... My Hubby, a developer cannot believe I spend hours at it, when he can do it in seconds.... I am not giving up!!!

I did not catch your surgery... Hey, not to pry but is all OK???

I have been playing around with Paint Shop Pro myself... It is really fustrating for me..... But I am determined.... My Hubby, a developer cannot believe I spend hours at it, when he can do it in seconds.... I am not giving up!!!

I did not catch your surgery... Hey, not to pry but is all OK???

Smooth ~ That is sooo funny! Graphics software can be very frustrating until you figure it out. It took me a while and I'm very computer literate. My job involves some graphic design and I'm still an amateur. I'm actually have a tummy tuck done in Sept. I'm sooo excited!! After having an 11 lb baby and multiple abdominal surgeries, my ab muscles are shot and I have that nasty extra skin like crazy.

Shiela~I still can't get over your 11 pound baby, oowwwwww!!! :eek: You deserve that tummy tuck after all you have done to get where your at. I would be running there!!:)

Dianne

Archived