Before and After??

aprils0909

Nancy ~ Wow! What an amazing transformation!!! You look so wonderful now! I'm very proud of you! :D

Thanks Sheila. Right now I am eating oatmeal with protein powder. BLEACH. It's one of those mornings *I* need the photos to remind me why I'm not munching a donut.

Hello and congrats everyone...your all doing so well!!!

I have been trying to lose weight for the last 8 months. I seem to have hit this mark and can't move!!! My DH on the other hand has done fantastic...has lost 78 lbs so far!!! I am so proud of him :D He looks like a totally different person, so much that when we met for lunch one day, he was walking through the parking lot, I noticed this really hot looking guy...it was him!!!

Well, I'm buckling down again...I want to lose at least 50 lbs by our January cruise. I started at 220, lost 20, gained 6 back(holidays), and so we start from here:

current weight 206

43-37-45

size 16 now...looking for that size 10/12 again

I'm looking forward to showing off "MY" before/after pictures.

Congrats to all!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!:cool:

I need some advise if any of you have time.... Is anyone worried at all about being on a ship with tons of "FREE" food????? I'm afraid all my hard work will be completely pointless. I don't want to ruin my vacation because I won't put on my swimsuit cause I feel like I ate too much. :( :(

My "workout buddy" says that I will have so much fun stuff going on that I won't think about food... ... its easy when I'm home to put limits on what I can eat... cause I just keep it out of the house.... but its going to be very HARD for me out there. Does anyone have any advise that can help me get through ONE WEEK without feeling guilty and misurable.

(I leave for my trip in August)

P.S. My mom gave me some advise... she said, "Just stay away from the buffet, honey..." :) I WILL!!!!!! anything that will help.... I'm in!

Smoothdancer....I'm not familiar with Lands End but will definitely check it out...we live in the boonies...the nearest Sears is 1 1/2 hrs away but we have the catalogue so I'll start there...

Nancy...you rock !! seeing these pictures are so great...they help us to realize we CAN DO IT :)

Grace....now you remember why you married him ! LOL

a4thvalue....I feel the same way....my first cruise coming up...watched a documentary the other night and they were showing tables laden with the most wonderful food !! how to control it ???? maybe use small plates and don't go back for seconds..I'm sure some of the more experienced cruisers will have lots of good tips for you...have a great trip !!

Nancy - Awesome photos - Awesome inspiration!

a4thvalue & mim - I prefer the buffets for breakfast & lunch & it IS tough to control portions with all the choices available. I try to just take a bite or 2 of lots of stuff - or walk thru first & decide what I really want & make up a proper "meal" (heavy on the fruit & veggies). If I'm alone, I'll bring my plate out to a deck chair, away from the buffet area. Away from the food, I'm less likely to get 2nds. Other people suggest staying away from the buffets altogether & have all your meals in the dining room - more portion control. Another bit of good advice - WALK, WALK, WALK & take the stairs ALL THE TIME, up & down. If you don't think you have the stamina to take more than 1 flight of stairs at a time - take as many as you can, THEN use the elevator!

Grace - great story about your hubby - soon he'll be saying the same about YOU! :D

Sha

Good afternoon everyone...

a4thvalue-how my DH and I do the buffets...take only 1/2 of what you would usually eat. I gained 2 lbs on my last 7 day cruise and DH LOST 2, he walked the stairs only(due to health reasons, I took the elevators most of the time:( )

Bread and desserts are my weakness...so for breakfast, I/we only had either: 1/2 bagel, 1/2 english muffin, or 2 sm. pancakes, plus a little of the other items. For desserts, DH and I would share 2 or 3 very small pieces, most of the time not finishing what was on the plate, but at least got a taste, and that was satisfying to the taste buds!!!

In the dining room, we eat pretty much what is served, minus the dessert. Usually by the time dinner is over, we are stuffed. We do early dining so were done by 8pm.

Hope this helps you some.

Nancy--You look so good!!!

About the food--I used to actually lose weight on cruises because I always took the stairs and had active shore trips planned. The only time I gained was a transcanal with lots of sea days (and I now realize that some of that was probably water retention)

I'll tell you a little secret. We cruise HAL and are going on our first Celebrity. Have done one Carnival and one RCI. The food at the buffets is OK but not to die for. The pizza is usually good- ok, the desserts are marginal ok (with the exception of HAL bread pudding), omlettes in the morning are good...

Get the picture???

Dinners I find to be really good (except some Carnival, but I'm a foodie) with the individual courses a reasonable size--not supersized like on land. Dinners are also paced slowly so that you have time to savor each bite and enjoy fun conversation with your new friends.

Drinks are expensive, and you can sip water w/a slice of lemon after you give into that drink w/ the little umbrella and the take home glass.

Have fun, walk around the deck after dinner, dance, check out the gym and the cool views from the gym, be active on shore. Enjoy the cruise and the food--look at the whole buffet (window shop) before filling your plate--then take a little of what looks really good (yes, even the chocolat cake or bread pudding) sit down (or fight for a table) far away from the main line, eat and then decide if you want more.

Be careful of the grill area near most pools that often have a make you own taco bar. If you are lo-carbing go to the sandwhich deli and get just meat, then build a killer chefs salad.

Don't do what I did. My downfall was to get a bunch of snack-type stuff, then go back to my balcony, open a bottle of wine to get ready for dinner. Finish most of said wine and snacks (can I help it if DH wasn't that hungry?) Then go eat a whole dinner, then blow off exercise the next day because sea days are for goofing off.

This did result in my only gaining cruise.

Mim Avenue does have a website--it carries size 14 and up. My sister has a Landsend tankini that I didn't even know was a two peice. I just got a newportnews.com skirtini that I just put on to see if the top came down far--and yes it does. My hips are 44, waist 32 and I ordered a size 14. It was too big and I returned it for a 12 that fits well-not tight, no muffintop, just right. The return was no hassle.

Just got back from a neat red hat tea, had a vintage feather hat and everyone said I looked like a young, hot Shirley McLaine--I was going for Audrey Heborne, but I'll take Shirley's legs anyday!!!

Linda

I've been trying to catch up with all the back threads...everyone is so supportive. I'm so glad that everyone is on there way to there new "look". I know just with the few pounds I have lost, I feel better, not only in looks, but on the inside!! :rolleyes:

For you ladies who are looking for bathing siut wraps, we have a Bealls Outlet in town. I don't know if there is one by you, but that is where I purchased mine. Only paid $5.99 each. I got one with a beautiful tropical sunset and one with a bright colored ocean with sea life scene. They are both the large (full body cover up) or could be worn as a long skirt cover up.

Grace - I'm glad to see that you let your husband walk the stairs even tho you can't. I cruise with 2 of my sisters who are very heavy & they seem to resent that I take the stairs by myself, rather than wait with them for the elevators. I mean, it's not like they have to wait for me at the other end - even going up stairs, I usually get there before them! Maybe they think I'm "showing off", that I can do it & they can't. (Maybe I am, just a little:o) But it just doesn't occur to them that I might "resent" having to walk slow all the time & wait for them when we are out & about.

But also, I get "lazy" on the ship & don't go to the gym on sea days, like I should, so I need to take my exercise when I can - whether it be walking the stairs, or the deck, or the beach!

Sha

For you ladies who are looking for bathing siut wraps, we have a Bealls Outlet in town. I don't know if there is one by you, but that is where I purchased mine. Only paid $5.99 each. I got one with a beautiful tropical sunset and one with a bright colored ocean with sea life scene. They are both the large (full body cover up) or could be worn as a long skirt cover up.

thanks Grace ...and the price is right !! if they're online, I might have a shot at buying one....here on the island our shopping is kinda limited...we buy a lot online and every once in a while we hop a ferry and go shopping in the big city :)

Hi all my name is Michelle, I am a married 32 (almost 33) year old mother of three (ages 11,9 and 2). My husband and I are going on our first cruise in December and I sooooooooooo want to hit my goal weight by then, but for some reason I just cannot get myself going. I go to the gym and usually do 40 minutes on the advanced treadmill going 3.8 mph on a 15-20% incline adn then I do 20 minutes on the cross trainer. I am also planning on buying a Pilates video and doing that 3 days a week. NOW if I can just get my eating under control. I hope I am not intruding here ........

Here are my stats currently:

5'4"

142 lbs.

bust= 37

waist=32

hips= 41

thighs= 23.5

I have set up some mini goals and some main goals, here they are:

June 23= 136

July 21= 133

September 5 (my bday)= 130

Then I will be very happy BUT if I can accomplish it I would like to get down to 125 by December 8, we leave that night to drive to Port Canaveral, we sail out on December 10, but we are going to spend the night and do WDW on December 9.

I must say my weigh in two days ago was 140 and I had a "bad" couple of "snack" days so hopefully by next Friday I will 140 or even 139 is my goal !!

Hi Mikki...welcome !!! you'll find it's kinda quiet here on the weekend but there's lots of good people here who will give you some great support & advice....I'm pretty new myself...sounds you've got the planning going great....ah the eating....Daniel just mentioned recently on another thread that alcoholics can stay away from alcohol, ex-drug addicts can stay away from drugs but nobody can stay away from food !! :)

Hi MikkiDawn...welcome, and you have set fantastic goals for yourself. Not expecting to loose too much weight in a short period of time.

Hi mim100...if you can't find Bealls Outlet on the web, e-mail me and I will see what I can do about getting you some. They still had quiet a few last week when I was in there. My e-mail is cruisingwithgrace at earthlink dot net.

Sharonella, I love that my DH has that much will power...wish I had a quarter of what he has. He walked the stairs everywhere!!! He only used the elevator once, and then he felt guilty about that. He has done fantastic so far...he still wants to loose another 40 lbs, which I have no doubt that he will!!!

Keep up the good work everyone :D

Hi Grace...thanks so much for the offer...that was very sweet ! ....I did a search and Bealls does have a website but no online shopping....I just might take you up on that offer....about 30 pounds from now :) I've made myself a promise not to buy any clothes until I fit into a smaller size...so I've written down your email addy for the future..thanks again ! :D

Hi mim, totally understand!!! I'm not buying any new clothes either until I lose some more weight. When your ready, let me know.

Hello to all, hope everyone is doing good today. We're having a beautiful sunny day here in FL. I've been trying to work on my tan...so far, so good!! Went camping this weekend, so I did get alot of sun time in :D Now that were home, we could sure use some rain...our yard is getting to be like a desert...all sand :eek: Anyone have some rain that they'd be willing to trade for some sun??? LOL

oh yes, do I have rain for you....had a sunny break today but it's been pretty steady for about 5 days now....and the clouds are coming in again...they come in from the Pacific and pile up against the mountains to the east of us and dump it all !! guess that's why they call it a rain forest :)

Finally have rain...and I lost 3 lbs ;)

Hope everyone is doing well with there goals. Keep up the good work :D Going out to buy one of the exercise balls today. Has anyone else tried one of these? I did it for awhile last year, it does tighten things up!!! Hopefully my kitties won't pop this one :eek:

Hi Grace...nope, I've never tried one but a friend of mine has one and loves it...

SFSheila....congratulations...you look fabulous!! what was your eating and exercise habits during that time?

Archived