Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skizmann

Wine Bottle 1.5 Liter

Can I bring a 1.5 liter of wine to dinner and pay the corkage fee? Or is there a limit on the bottle size you can bring? We are leaving Sunday to Bermuda / Explorer so any info you can give will help me decide if I should bring the large bottle or bring a regular size. :)

I have brought the large bottle on before and just been charged the usual corkage fee, but that was a year or two ago, so I don't know what will take place currently.

Same fee no matter what the bottle size.

We have a favorite here called Red Cat. ( It comes in the Magnum bottle) Kinda funny story.....

Our waiters were really curious about this wine. So I asked if they would like to try it. Of course they said they couldn't. I then said with a wink after they poured the wine "This glass is dirty....can I have a new one?" They took the glass with the wine and tried it when their boss wasn't looking.....LOL

FYI from those waiters.... if you bring the bottle in and get it to them without the Matre D seeing it, they can sometimes "forget" to charge you the corkage fee ;)