Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madelinerose

NCL Gem - When Do Bookings Open Up???

Considering NCL and would like to try the Gem from NY. Any info on when we'll be able to book? Thanks.;)

Karen

Baltimore

I would think some time inside a year in advance of the anticapated first cruise date. November- December 2006 or Jan 2007

I had occasion to speak to a VP from NCL yesterday and she told me the Gem will be sailing out of NYC beginning in October 2007......

It was very nice follow up call from her after my reservation was given away-they made things as right as they could!

I am watching for the Gem to come out with its sailings. I want to book either Feb 2008 break or April 2008 break. When someone sees that the prices are out ( although I look all the time) , please post so I can get booked. Looking forward to another ship out of NYC!

When someone sees that the prices are out ( although I look all the time) , please post so I can get booked. !

You will have whats left on the ship if you do not prepare in advance.

Call your personal vacation planner at NCL and let them know what date you want.When bookings are available they will call you.All Lattitudes members get 1st choice at booking before the general public.I managed to book the Pearl the 1st day it became available to book and the funny thing about it was my vacation planner called me 2 seconds after I walked into the atrium on a Royal Caribbean ship.:D

Steve

Should be open for sale on 6/28....

Are you sure 6/28? I booked the Pearl on the first day also, and would love to book the Gem and get a great rate. Where did you get that information?

Are you sure 6/28? I booked the Pearl on the first day also, and would love to book the Gem and get a great rate. Where did you get that information?

That is what I was told by NCL, direclty.

Do you get a good rate right off the bat on a new ship? I've never booked a brand new one, but I was guessing the rates would be very high for a new ship?:confused:

Thanks

When I booked the Pearl the 9 nights were cheaper then the 7 night Jewel for the same week- because 3rd and 4th were cheaper . Within 3-4 weeks the 3rd and 4th went up $ 250 each. I hope they will not come out high. But I think the Freedom RCCL ship did come out very high.

When I booked the Pearl the 9 nights were cheaper then the 7 night Jewel for the same week- because 3rd and 4th were cheaper . Within 3-4 weeks the 3rd and 4th went up $ 250 each. I hope they will not come out high. But I think the Freedom RCCL ship did come out very high.

I'm sorry...3rd and 4th what? I lost your meaning there. The 3rd and 4th weeks it was sailing were cheaper? Just trying to understand in case we decide to try for an early Gem booking.....thanks!

I'm sorry...3rd and 4th what? I lost your meaning there. The 3rd and 4th weeks it was sailing were cheaper? Just trying to understand in case we decide to try for an early Gem booking.....thanks!

The 3rd and 4th passenger rate.

What is NCL Gem. A new cruise ship. When. I haven't heard anything.

:D brand new, which means nice new beds ;) nice new everything !

Thank-you so much for posting the link as I have been waiting for this but I am curious as to how you access it from the NCL site. I have searched and searched but there is little to no info on the Gem except to say that she is being built, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Sandy

I am a NCL lurker but cruised back in the ealry 90's on the Norway (God Bless Her) but the Gem's 11 day sailings sound really good. I just do like the last port day how you are so far in the Caribbean it takes 2 and half days to get back so being in St Maarteen at 7am until 1pm or more like 7:30am or 8am until 12pm is just way too short. What can you do on land without missing the ship.

Also I want to book a Garden Villa so does anyone have a clue when booking open. Last thing could someone dumb it down for me on how to get to the link on NCL website to find Gem Sailings. I could not find it.

Paul

I am a NCL lurker but cruised back in the ealry 90's on the Norway (God Bless Her) but the Gem's 11 day sailings sound really good. I just do like the last port day how you are so far in the Caribbean it takes 2 and half days to get back so being in St Maarteen at 7am until 1pm or more like 7:30am or 8am until 12pm is just way too short. What can you do on land without missing the ship.

Also I want to book a Garden Villa so does anyone have a clue when booking open. Last thing could someone dumb it down for me on how to get to the link on NCL website to find Gem Sailings. I could not find it.

Paul

Any day now.

Site is not done yet.

http://www.ncl.com/fleet/gem/index.htm

The intinerary is here just click on it and the itineraries listed

http://www.ncl.com/itinerary/it_gem.htm

I am sorry I apologize I read the 10 day sailing wrong I do not know where I got 7am until 1pm from for St Maarteen but still 12pm until 6pm is short ion a beautiful island espically when in reality you would not get off until 12:30pm or 1pm and have be back by 5pm.

The 10 and 11 day sailing are awesome but thr 11 day is super port intensive 6 straight days of ports but hey you get 2 days of sea days to recoup on the way back.

Paul