Duct Tape, Collapsible Water Bottles, Hi-lite Pens, Anything Else?

mahreeya

Okay I have 2

I bring my old beach towels and I throw them away somewhere on my trip when they are wet and dirty and I don't want to carry them any more like after going to the beach. This also frees up room in my luggage on the way home to buy more stuff.

I also bring a pop up hamper and put it in the corner of my room for my laundry. I throw it in just like at home. No need to worry about whats clean or dirty.

• 1 month later...

i know for myself ive given up diet cokes after 20 yrs of drinking them

and ive been on crystal light ice tea since ive joined weight watchers and its only thing i drink its 0 calories besides water and juice is a lota points :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful ideas. These suggestions will come in handy as I pack for my cruise during the next few months. As of now, I have no new information to add but will post if I come up with anything.

• 1 year later...

One thing I would never travel without is a tube of silicone gel. If you fly to get to the cruise port, eventually you will have a tear in the the a corner of your suitcase, thanks to the gentle treatment the airlines give to luggage. The gel will make a secure repair that will last for several more trips, much better than duct tape. It sets up overnight, dries clear and is flexible. I also have repaired a shoe with it. Handy stuff. Under three bucks at Walmart.

• 2 weeks later...

We always pack a small flashlight as well. I'm not sure if this has been listed. We find this comes in handy if you don't want to flip on bright lights to stumble to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I also take along a journal and at the end of each day, it's fun to recap the day's events. It's great too for posting a review at the end of your vacation to help remember details, names and places. And to relive the memories on a cold and dreary day back home.:)

A) Things on other people's list we always bring:

1. Cheap coat hangers [dry cleaners]

2. Power strip

3. Night lite

4. Swiss Army knife

5. Travel alarm clock

6. Roll of quarters

B) Other stuff:

1. At least $100 in small bills [ones and fives] for tips and sidewalk vendors. A few hundred dollars in twenties for purchases in third world countries.

2. Jar of peanut butter for my breakfast toast [even the few cruise ships that have it don't have my brand]

3. One garbage bag for use as a laundry bag and/or dirty clothes bag

4. Diet Coke [can buy and bring on board in most ports]

• 4 months later...
For carrying your cruise card, we bring a lanyard from home and have the Pursers desk punch a whole in the card and put it on the lanyards silver ring which attaches to the clippable hook. This way you always have it around your neck. It is easily taken off the hook and you are not fumbling wondering where it is. Going on and off the ship is a breeze because you always have it right with you. You can easily pick these up at the dollar store and also I noticed on the Island Princess in March they had some in their gift shops. People were asking me all the time how I came up with the idea. I told them I had been doing this for the last five cruises and would never leave home with out the lanyards for both my husband and I. I originally saw the idea on this board. Its a great idea ...give it a try.

I've done this on multiple cruises and most times when I go on vacation. I work at a hospital so I'm used to having a badge handing around my neck. The BEST part is keeping up with your key card. When I come into my room, I always hang it on the door knob. I ALWAYS know where it is, and I never lock myself out of my cabin.

Archived