Best time of year to cruise Mexico?

Mumof2

Hi, I've never cruised Mexico before...done all of the Caribbean and Alaska, now looking for something new. When is the best weather? I was thinking around the first couple weeks of November. Is that okay?

Thanks

Mum

Hi, I've never cruised Mexico before...done all of the Caribbean and Alaska, now looking for something new. When is the best weather? I was thinking around the first couple weeks of November. Is that okay?

Thanks

Mum

Early June thru mid-October is the rainy season. It is very hot and humid. I believe the Carnival Pride is the only ship on the MR during this time frame.

I have sailed the MR in February and we vacation in Vallarta in November. Most people report that the sea days are cool and windy when north of the Cabo area. It has something to do with the north Pacific current and the ship is sailing against the current when headed back to CA. There were very few people on deck during those sea days and it was a very bumpy ride the last day when we cruised the MR.

We like to travel to Mexico (Puerto Vallarta) in November for a number of reasons. Weather is the biggest but light tourist traffic is the other. Many restaurants close during the slow season (July to mid-October) and are open again, with fresh paint and menu's, by November 1st. The high temps are in the mid-to-upper 80's, the humidity is way down and it rarely rains but everything is still lush and green. The rains have come early this year in Vallarta and a number of the marginal restaurants have already closed for the season.

Enjoy!

How is the weather first week in February?

This link will show you the weather data for February, 2006 in Puerto Vallarta. Depending on the ship/itinerary that you are on, PV is the southern most port or the mid-point if you are heading further south. http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/MMPR/2006/2/1/MonthlyHistory.html

The conditions at sea, north of Cabo, will be cool and breezy. Few sun worshipers on deck and many people in sweatshirts or light jackets. The temps turn tropical about half way down the Baja coast and are beautiful after that.

Expect bumpy conditions on the return run to CA, north of Cabo, as the ship is running against the North Pacific current and the prevailing winds at sea are out of the north.

Enjoy!

I see from the posts about November, but does anyone know what mid march is like? I have booked MR with RCCL for 3/11/07. I have read average temps are in the 80's and that the rainy season isn't until June. But i'm just checking if anyone has gone during this time of March...........any input will be appreciated. thanks

We were in Puerto Vallarta last July for five nights (no cruise). The heat and especially the humidity were stifling. I would start sweating almost immediately upon stepping outside our room. We had a good time, but would have enjoyed it much more in a more temperate time of the year.

I see from the posts about November, but does anyone know what mid march is like? I have booked MR with RCCL for 3/11/07. I have read average temps are in the 80's and that the rainy season isn't until June. But i'm just checking if anyone has gone during this time of March...........any input will be appreciated. thanks

We sailed the ten day down to the Mexican Rivera in April of 2004. We left on April 3rd, so hopefully that is close enough to March to answer your weather question:)

We left San Diego at 5pm into a beautiful sunset. Since we sailed at night down the coast the weather change was not all that noticible. When you get just north of Cabo it starts to warm up. We spent all of our sea days on deck... it was sunny and comfortable, and we didn't need a jacket.

It was warm and humid. We spent all of our time doing activities close to the ocean except for our stop in Manzanillo (You didn't mention how far south you were going, and I don't remember if RCCL has a 10 day to MR).

I guess we got lucky. Both times we went to MR the seas were very calm round trip. My sister went on the Carnival Spirit last April though, and had a very rough time.

Have fun!

Archived