"LIVE" from the Grandeur 06/04/06

Radio and Kitawu-

Great shots of the ship and the bridge. I especially like the one taken between the two spans. We cruise the bay regularly in our 34 ft boat. Some Friday night, when Grandeur sails on a 9-night cruise we are going to motor out and see if we can see her. We are near the fuel docks in Calvert County which we estimate to be about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs south of the Bay Bridge.

I enjoyed reading all your reviews and looking at your pictures. Now you can do me a favor since your back from this cruise and book a cruise on Adventure of the Seas before I go in January so I can give me a full report of what I'm in for. The Southern itinerary to Aruba.

I'll be waiting for your next review from Adventure!!! (LOL)

Thanks for all the "Live" reports. It has been fun looking forward to them each day. Makes me even more excited about my cruise and it is still a year away.:D Hope you have a safe journey home.

Ligayskin

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us the ship updates and post all those great photos! It was great to see how the new Baltimore Pier looks. It looks like the water was smooth most of the time. Did you have smooth sailing in both directions, or was it rough at all?

Radio

I enjoyed traveling with your and your wife this week. We will be on the Grandeur in Oct, but have been to Bermuda three times on the Empress (nordic empress). I want to thank you for giving up your time for all CC's. I enjoyed the pictures and your comments. Again thanks.

CLE-B

What a coincidence, we have 7062 on Oct 27th. Hopefully we get to see a picture of one of the balcony rooms, but i will try and remember to let you know how the cabin is after our cruise.

firedog

Hello everyone...We arived home safely, and all is well. The Grandeur was able to dock at 9AM. Self assist debarkation began at about 9:30AM, and the first color was called at about 10:15AM.

We decided to wait up in the Viking Crown Lounge with my folks, since they were doing a B2B, and they were told that they had to leave the ship, but they could reboard when reboarding started again. Guest Relations had already provided them with their Sail and Sign Card, and told them no photo was required. We left at about 11:45 and were in the car and ready to go by noon. debarkation was flawless, and I think that the ease and efficiency of the Embark/Debark process will leave a smle on the face of everyone that uses Cruise Maryland. I was provided with a surprise by meeting 2 of the Cruise Maryland Staff that were working today...the first one was a nice lady that my mom asked "Where do I go to reboard for a B2B?" She responded "You must be Radio's folks"....she had been following along with my "Live" reports. Then as I was leaving, at met CC member "signman" who greeted my wife and me with admiration for my trip reports.... Thanks again for following along...

As stated in previous "Live" posts, I love to do this...Cruising is my hobby, and when I started cruising...there was no one doing this...It was tough to even get reviews or pics until weeks after someone cruised. I couldn't imagine Cruising without reporting "Live"

Thanks again for the nice comments, and Thanks for tuning in.

Next Cruise....July or August 2006

Radio

Final night at Dinner.... Its been a great Cruise.

58401704-fba7-028001E0-.jpg

Approching the Key Bridge and Baltimore

58406367-f211-027601E0-.jpg

Passing under the Key Bridge

58406368-687d-028001C9-.jpg

We made it Back ! !

58406370-e30a-028001E0-.jpg

Grandeur of the Seas

58406366-6e39-028001E0-.jpg

:p Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful cruise with us...I thoroughly enjoyed all the beautiful photos..and all the details of your daily adventures. I felt I was traveling right along. I look forward to your next live report. We will be sailing to the Med on legend in August. I am so excited ..looking at your photos..has made it all:p seem real. Best Wishes....and happy Sailing!!..from Across the Pond....Carol

Nice job Radio. I don't think there are many people who are creative enough (I know I am not) to be able to do the live reports the way you do. It's almost like enjoying my cruise in advance! We'll be on Grandeur 6/23 (if the RCCL bus makes it to Horsham)! Thanks for all your advice.

spanky

We did the same cruise on the Grandeur last November.

If anyone is interested, I have a few photos posted:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=502701130&security=haTtIw

Grandeur is a lovely ship and so close to home!! Can't wait to sail her again.

Thanks for helping me relive the cruise, Radio!!

Kim

Radio,

Check into joining us the Zenith repo cruise in October. Thirteen nights from Bayonne and ending up in Tampa. We will have a great time, I promise.

Hi Sally...I am only 1 away from Diamond Plus....I will stick with RCI for now...But the Zenith repo sounds nice...hmmm...

Radio

;) ;)

Thank you so much for the review and the pictures. We are going to Bermuda again in September and really looking forward to it. I am considering taking this ship for the nine night Caribbean cruise next fall. Our first cruise was on Celebrity's Galaxy and left out of Baltimore and it would be great to do it again. Al that money I would save by not flying to Florida will really make it a great cruise.

Suzanne

We did the same cruise on the Grandeur last November.

If anyone is interested, I have a few photos posted:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=502701130&security=haTtIw

Grandeur is a lovely ship and so close to home!! Can't wait to sail her again.Thanks for helping me relive the cruise, Radio!! Kim

Your pictures are GREAT...I must go to St. Georges the next time I visit Bermuda...

Radio

;) ;)

Hi Sally...I am only 1 away from Diamond Plus....I will stick with RCI for now...But the Zenith repo sounds nice...hmmm...

Radio

;) ;)

Radio,

Now RCI will give you credit after 5 sailing if you sail on sistership Celebrity. So even if you are one away and decide to go will Celebrity you will still reach your Diamound Plus stats with RCI.

Not so. If Radio is already Diamond then his status on Celebrity is Elite. Credits earned on Celebrity go towards Captains Club only, and once you reach Select or Elite you become Platinum or Diamond on RCCL. And vice versa. There is no level at Celebrity that equates to Diamond Plus. It must be earned with RCCL cruises.

Archived