Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mappa2

just back from the dawn!!

this was our tenth cruise and the most fun!!

a few random opservations:

a beautiful ship.

dining room meals very good.

buffets not very good. pizza looked liked it had cheddar cheese.

shows very good.

no indoor pool is a bummer on rainy days. the small indoor in the spa

area was 15.00 per day.

the freestyle concept works great. we ate 6 nights in the venetian

and had a window table 5 nights.

if anyone has any questions, i will be happy to respond.

larry

They charged you for the use of the indoor pool in the spa?? That must be new. It was free when we went in April.

one of the crew told us that due to the influx of kids, they charge for

the indoor pool. it may go back to no charge after the kids are in school.

larry

Glad you had a good cruise! We got back last Sat. and also had a great time. If you do spa treatments, you can use the pool and other spa areas for free all day of your treatment. We had such good weather, I did not take advantage of it. I was told the same thing. The spa was overrun with people who did not have spa treatments and it became so crowded that those who had paid for spa treatments were unable to take advantage of other amenities that the spa offers (pool, sauna, etc.)

This is the first time I have heard of charging for the sauna and steam room. I am sure they will receive lots of negative feedback on this one. On some of our cruises we have spa treatments and on some we don't, but we always spent some part of every day in the sauna or the hot tubs in the spa area. Paying an additional charge is really unfair. What is next, charging pax for the use of the pool on the deck?

Joanne

I'm glad they are charging a fee when the kids are out of school. It'll keep the kids out that shouldn't be there in the first place. Think about it, if you're going to pay $150 for a massage you want to be able to relax in a hot tub in peace. Kudos to them-Celebrity did it on their M class ship years ago.

I am not sure if I understand this right but the pool area (inside)and lay down hot tub are a fee of $15.00 per day? This September will be my fouth time on the Dawn and I have never had a problem with to many people in the pool and hot tubs. I look foward to the lay down hot tub. Going to Canada/New England this September I do hope this changes. I have already paid $500.00 more for the this cruise.

I went on the Dawn last year duing April vacation. The rule was no kids allowed in the spa at all. There was no problem with overcrowding. This is just an excuse. They are just trying to get more people to pay for spa treatments.

We've been on the Dawn three times this year, and I never saw more than 4 people in the spa pool. It must be an excuse.

We have never seen the spa pool area that busy. This is an adults only area and they have signs posted. If there are people violating this rule they should be asked to leave. We should not have to pay extra for this. I agree that NCL is trying to get us to use the spa services and that has something to do with this new fee.

Joanne

The simple solution to this is to enforce their no kids in the sauna/spa/indoor pool/indoor hot tub area.. unless I am mistaken and such a rule doesn't exist. I never had any problems with overcrowding when I was on the Dawn on 5/20. To be honest, the indoor lap pool is too shallow for any decent lap swimming (espcially for tall people like myself). But since there is a kids pool right out the back of the gym... I don't see any reason for not having the no-kids rule for the spa area.

The simple solution to this is to enforce their no kids in the sauna/spa/indoor pool/indoor hot tub area.. unless I am mistaken and such a rule doesn't exist. I never had any problems with overcrowding when I was on the Dawn on 5/20. To be honest, the indoor lap pool is too shallow for any decent lap swimming (espcially for tall people like myself). But since there is a kids pool right out the back of the gym... I don't see any reason for not having the no-kids rule for the spa area.

There is and has always been a nobody under 18 rule for the spa pool area and it has been enforced on every one of my 6 Dawn cruises. That said the place can become loud and crowded from time to time. Not a kid problem more a drunk adult problem.:eek: :D