LauraS

Meet & Mingle Door Signs

Laura, I was wondering if you could help me. I would like to download the door sign, I do have adobe reader, but it will only let me print it as is, I can not figure out how to download it or add my name. Sometimes when someone Emails it to me, it can then be down loaded. My Email address is Watermanfunari@aol.com Also I wanted to ask you, if it can be changed a bit when I am cruising on Celebrity, like where it say mix and mingle, I would then change to Cruise Connection ect. This is the best sign yet. I would just like to modify it if nessasary. Let me know if this can be done and also Email it to me if it is not to much trouble. Thanks in advance.

Sue

Any door sign for those of us NOT invited to a meet - n- mingle? A bunch of us are on the Jan 2 6 day Serenade cruise.

I made my own door sign w/magnetic paper from Staples. Just with our name, town and state and cruise critic name. Does any one know if the magnetic paper will stick to the doors on Royal Car. Serenade?

My hubby thinks it is silly. I am taking it anyway. I also made up a business card with our name and email. Last cruise we kept talking about exchanging info but never actually did it.

Wondering about that post where the poster asked if the magnetic door signs would work. They never did get an answer. I am wondering the same!?? Are the doors magnetic? We have magnetic signs we want to use.

Thanks for the reply on this site.:confused:

The magnetic signs worked for us on the Splendour of the Seas. One of our members from our Meet and Mingle Gang made all of us one. It was so nice to have it on the door, it sure made it easy to find our cabin.

I "stole" the official door sign and have adapted it so that you can put your name on right in the Adobe .pdf file and print it out. No double brinting or anything.

I have placed a copy of it on a couple of quicky web pages

http://www.geocities.com/bassnote_1 or on

http://dkinner.tripod.com/id5.html

click one or the other, these guys don't allow a lot of traffic so if you can't access it there, then just email me and I will be happy to send ya'll a copy! I am casting around for a place that will allow me to hot link the thing right to a post.

bassnote_1@yahoo.com

The sign is on my 'puter at work, but I posted a couple of links to it. I modified the sign so you just have to type your name above the line and print it out!

You can find the post on this page.

Hey Bassnote that new link worked great, thanks alot. Does anyone know if the magnetic stuff will work on the doors on the Mariner? Can't wait, it's getting closer.

I'd like to recommend a "FREE" source for magnetic sheets - use the ones you get from real estate agents, pizza delivery places etc. Cut them up and glue them to the 4 corners of your door sign!!

Hi,

Do all cruise lines let you put up signs? I've been "cruisin" the boards and don't find that info on HAL. We're going on the Oosterdam in May but I've been looking at RCL for future trips. I like the layout of their ships. :confused:

Love the sign.

:) This is such a great idea. Thanks Bassnote -

I'm not going until January 2006 - but will at least have my sign on

my door.

"Judy"

Thanks for the nice gesture...door sign worked perfectly from the geocities site.

We are going on the Jewel of the Sea Trans-Atlantic May 1-18 and can't

wait to meet others on cruise critic on that cruise or some other future one!

JoyTravels

Thanks, LauraS & Bassnote! I did them both, & they look great! Have to put them in my cruise bag for May! :D

Thank you so much!!!I'm not that computer literate to follow computer directions but you made it so easy. Sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas Transatlantic 11-11-05.

Don't know that I ever saw the question answered so thought I would chime in. Thanks for the pdf files too, they're great, saved to use on our cruise next year.

We just returned from the Jewel, we had two cabins one for us and one for DS (15) and DD (9). About a week before we left we got together and did up two signs for our doors and printed on the magnetic paper. We used Word and Power Point with different clip art pictures to make ours. We had a lot of fun trying out different pictures and text before deciding on what we wanted.

No we wouldn't have had any problem finding our room but the signs are a neat touch and it helps out anyone else that's looking for your cabin.

Thanks Bassnote,

It worked perfectly, sailing on the Jewel of the Seas, May 1st.

Thanks again

Doris

Thanks Bassnote_1!

The sign looks great. We are going on the VOS this Friday (June 3rd) and I was trying to find the magnetic paper and had almost given up. The Staples and Office Depot by me don't seem to carry the printable full page magnetic sheets any longer.

I went to Wally World (Walmart) today for a last minute pick up of some travel items and just on a whim went down the office supply ailse and there they were! If anyone is looking for these they are:

Avery Ink Jet Magnetic Sheets (5 pack) Avery Item #3270

Walmart's Item #007278203270

Walmart's price $7.84

Thanks again! :)

TeddyTexas

Bass_note1 -

Can you email me this? I can't access those links from work and that's where I need to print it at! Thanks, Renee

Bass_note1 -

Can you email me this? I can't access those links from work and that's where I need to print it at! Thanks, Renee

I need your addy. The link in your profile is turned off so I can't send it that way. Send me an email to bassnote_1@yahoo.com and I will get it off to you.:cool:

I was ready to use my best 'teacher print' to put my name on the sign, but now my sign is 'professional.' Thanks a bunch:) I'll have the sign on my door in September:D

Great job, Bassnote_1! Just want to add my thanks for the terrific door sign. I posted a note to tell my M & M group about it a few minutes ago and hope we will all have them prominently displayed on our 9/9 cruise.

Best wishes and thanks again,

Carrie

Here are updated links to the doorsigns for the Meet and Mingle

http://www.geocities.com/bassnote_1

or you can also try

http://dkinner.tripod.com/cruisinwyo.html

You will need Adobe 6.0 or higher to open and put your name on them and you may have to turn off your popup blocker for a moment on the Geocities site.

If you encounter any problems you can e-mail me at Bassnote_1@yahoo.com and I will help you out.

You can download a free copy of Acrobat http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

at that link.

GET OU THERE!

:) Thanks for the Meet & Mingle Door Sign, down load. and all the cool ideals. Just Love Getting Out There 9/11/05 Mariner.

I was on the Radiance for the Alaska Cruise 6-25. Well, someone in our group traveling together made us all meet and mingle door signs... I think the second night I got a creepy call from a crew member looking to "hang out"

My sisters two doors down got the same call. ItT creeped us out. Who wants to deal with that on vacation! None of the signs with male and female names got calls I think, but we did. (I was rooming with my female friend.

Just a note of caution...Have fun.

Does anyone know what happened to the Cruise Critic nametags that you used to be able to download and print?
Does anyone know the answer to this question? I am looking for these to hand out to everyone at my meet and mingle in Oct. Thanks in advance!!!:D

Does anyone know the answer to this question? I am looking for these to hand out to everyone at my meet and mingle in Oct. Thanks in advance!!!:D

RCI provided name tags for us along with a 'passport' holder that went around our necks. We wrote our names and screennames on them. This was on the Splendour in February this year.

I was pretty disappointed in the turnout for the MM, but those that did show had a pretty good time and the snacks were great.

RCI provided name tags for us along with a 'passport' holder that went around our necks. We wrote our names and screennames on them. This was on the Splendour in February this year.

I was pretty disappointed in the turnout for the MM, but those that did show had a pretty good time and the snacks were great.

Thanks for the info!:) We're sailing with HAL so I'll check with them to see what they can do. We have about 46 people on our roll call and everyone looks like they will be at the party.

If you have a local Staples store, you can either download the pdf file onto a floppy or a flashdrive and take it to them, and they can print it out for either 1.09 or 1.49 per copy. They also can make a copy by e-mail. Just put the pdf in an attachment and send it to them. You will have to call your store and get their specific address. Cost 2.49 to open the file and the same price per copy. I am to cheap to buy a color printer cartridge at 30 to 40 bucks a pop. Hope this is useful.

Went back today with my floppy disk. Copies are .99c standard size,1.09 legal, and 1.99 for an even larger size. They also have different grades of paper. regular, cardboard, and glossy. They can laminate them as well for .99c per copy. This makes them usable over and over. So for a few bucks you can get one that will last a lifetime of cruising. I posted this on my M&M thread to share. Hope you enjoy your next cruise!;)

Some of the same "are the doors metal" type-questions in this thread are the Q's I had when I did a search for "door sign" and found this thread. I decorated my door my last cruise on Disney and was guessing the doors would be magnetic/metal on RCI also, but did not recal from Empress because it wasn't something I knew about or though about as a cruise newbie at the time. Might just make up my own using powerpoint, w/ clip art, photos (many of which I've downloaded from photo albums on the net), etc., and print on the magnetic photo sheets. Also have from Wal mart, and maybe some from office depot as well.

There are also business card sized magnetic sheets, with an adhesive side to put on the back of your business card so clients/contacts cant just put it on the fridge--these are sold in stacks of 25 or even 50 I think, often right by the check out in a Staples of someplace like that. Take one, cut w/ scissors into smaller strips, and you can attach w/ the adhesive side to any non-magnetic sign you create. I had to cut a few into tiny bits to attach about a dozen mickey heads to my last DCL door along w/ the larger sign.

Is there any way you could alter the door sign for your fellow cruisers over at Celebrity?Could you substitute "Celebrity Connections" for Meet and Mingle.The door signs are a great idea but we have do not have one as yet-since you did a great job on the meet and mingle,is it possible?Thanks

for your time

PS We have over 112 for our cruise critic party on the Constellation 10/17/05