Hurricane Warning - Alberto to be upgraded

Grtcdnwolf

ALBERTO FORECAST TO BECOME HURRICANE! WARNINGS ISSUED

Alberto will be one of those storms that we can learn a lot from. There was little chance, or so it seemed, of it becoming a hurricane. Now it is well on its way. The NHC has posted a hurricane warning from Longboat Key to Ochlocknee River along the west coast of Florida. Folks there need to prepare for category one hurricane conditions. This is now a very serious situation as the area forecast to take the right-front quadrant of Alberto is extremely vulnerable to storm surge. It would not surprise me to see 8 to 10 feet of surge in some areas near Cedar Key- and points south. After making landfall in Florida tomorrow, Alberto is now projected to be inland along the Southeast coast. Georgia and the Carolinas will have a wet and windy week ahead- at least the first half. Even people farther north along the East Coast could have adverse weather from Alberto by later in the week. This will be a major newsmaker and indeed I will be covering it for this site and our HurricaneLiveNet site. I will be in Florida tonight and will post video updates and reports as often as possible. Jesse Bass will remain in Virginia to get ready for any potential impacts along the Va. Capes or the Outer Banks. I will have another update here later this afternoon as I head south towards Florida. Here we go....

Archived