Just back from Western Caribe 6/20-6/27 on the Explorer - any questions?

Anne,

I couldn't find our thread but hey a new thread will do.

As far as the cruise goes............this was the best cruise ever. The food was great, the entertainment was great, the cruise director was funny and the meet and mingle group was outstanding.

Donna

I would have to agree with my fellow cruise critic friends MarkO, Anne and Donna. The cruise was absolutely great! I do not have a bad thing to say about the entire experience except for the fact that it is over.

Missme2: There are not too many excursions in Belize for families with young children. You might want to check out the one to the zoo. You DO NOT want to book the Best of Belize by Boat. Although the snorkeling was good, the excursion company left allot to be desired. Also, check out the cave tubing if you guys are adventurous.

BOPRN: We went to two beaches in our ports. One was the beach at Majahaul in Costa Maya. The town is small and you get a real flavor of the Mexican people. The other beach we went to was Paradise Beach in Cozumel. I highly recommend this place. The beach and facilities were great.

QUILTSNH: By far the shore excursion you do not want to miss is Stingray City on Grand Cayman. We used Captain Bryans and the people we very professional, the 50' catamaran was clean and stocked with water and refreshments. The snorkeling was super and the stop at Sting Ray city was the highlight of the trip.

Ahoy Anne, Donna and Mark. How is everyone doing. I started this thread here. The one on the roll call page was too confusing to find!

Anne,

I am so glad I found this thread again.........we need to keep this thread going or like you said email each other for the reunion and to keep in touch.lol.

Tampa is really humid and rainy...last night I lost power for about 20 minutes.

Miss u guys.

Donna

well, i'll leave it to Anne to put the two threads together and let us know when it is done so I won't be confused. Did any of you try the Flourless Chocolate Cake? It was so good I bought the cookbook so I can make it at home.

Mark

Well, I ask because that is only the second rave review of a specific captain by name that I've read on these boards, and since I'll be on the same ship (EOS) in October, only Eastern itinerary instead of Western, I was curious to see whether I'd get the pleasure of the same captain. :D

Giantsfan,

We will be on the eos on 9-26-04 doing the Western side. Just wondering did you need passports. We bought them because we heard so many different stories. We are 1st timers and are learning alot from these boards. Also in Belize how were the beaches? We are doing the Dune buggys in Costa Maya. The sting rays in Cayman Islands. Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much.

just linda

Linda ~ Take your passports. They are a good thing to have along. You do NOT need them in the ports you will be visiting but they do expedite the embarkation and disembarkation procedures for U.S. citizens. If I had one complaint about this cruise, I thought the terminal upon departing the ship was chaosis. My best recommendation is that if you have a later flight, stay on the ship as late as possible. Let everyone else disembark.

Mark ~ this is the first "real" evening I've had to visit the boards since getting home. I've popped in here and there but I'm still in a big learning curve with the new boards. I don't think I'll be able to merge our other thread with this one any time soon. Let's just keep this one going.

Ron ~ I'm feeling pretty much the same as you. The only good thing is that work has been so busy this week that I haven't had much time to dwell on being back. The next cruise can't come soon enough! I am going to go through photos this weekend and get a CD off to you early next week.

Donna ~ how's life in Tampa. Did you get my email with Barbara's email?

Does anyone have a good photo from our Meet & Mingle party? Mine is OK but I remember seeing some others that were better. If you email it to me, I'll be sending it along with some info to Laura...maybe we'll get our photo posted!!!!

I'll be checking in this weekend. We're staying home. Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th holiday!

~Anne

P.S. Miss you guys!!!

Hello Fellow/Former Mates,

Anne-yes, I did get Barbara's email address, thanks. I do have a pretty good picture of the Meet and Mingle group but I don't have a scanner.

Ron- I agree with you. It is hard to get back into the swing of things and I wish I was on the ship with all of you.

Donna

P.S. I go on my Windjammer Barefoot cruise in a month!!!

Sure Donna ~ go ahead and rub it in. You'll be sailing without us. What a bummer!

By the way, the easiest way I've found to find a thread that you've been posting to is to click on your own name and then click on View all posts. It brings them all up. Our other Explorer thread is out there but let's just stick with this one.

~Anne

Hey....I did it! I figured out how to merge the threads. Hope I haven't confused any of you! I'm going back to check and make sure this is in the right place. Hang tight.

Looks like it worked. The first thread now appears at the beginning of the second thread so all the posts are now here in one location!

~Anne

If you still have the link to the old boards the original post is on page. Can't remember how to post the link to there but I did find the original thread. So gllad to hear you all had a really good time. Maybe next time we can join you. Hope someone gets some pictures posted soon!!
Greetings! Hope everyone is having a great 4th.

Sea ~ please don't bump. It's against community guidelines. Feel free to post as we'd love to hear from you but don't just write "bump." If you want an easy way to follow threads you want to participate in, after you post to a thread, you can click on QUICK LINKS above and then on SUBSCRIBED THREADS. It will show you all the threads you have posted to and you can click on them to take you directly to the thread. It's a quick and easy way to keep track of your threads without lengthy searches!

By the way, were you with us on this cruise?

How is everyone else doing? I guess Chris is off to Ireland -- poor guy!

~Anne
Hey everybody!!! I haven't had time to get on the boards since we got back. We had a wonderful 2 weeks and can't wait to go again but will bring the kids next time. Yes we got to dine at the captains table the second formal night at the early seating. It was really a neat experiance. We were given "instuctions" on what to do. The captain is very personable and the conversation flowed well. We all got a copy of the "special" menu and a picture of all of us at the table. We also got a "loving cup" to take home.It was one of the highlights of our cruise.
Lidia ~ I'm SOOO glad you posted. I realized I didn't have your email. I have a very nice photo of you and Gareth at sailaway that I want to send you. Drop me an email (aygoyer@one.net) and send me your email address.

How exciting that you got to dine with the Captain! Tell us more about it! What was on your menu? Who else was at the table? I'm so glad to hear you got to enjoy such a special evening!

Hope you had a safe trip home. Hope to keep in touch!

~Anne
Anne,

Hello, I hope you and your family had a safe fourth, while I worked my behind off.

My question to you is.....once the picture of the group is settled will it be posted on cruise critic?

Donna
Hey Donna ~ just to make you feel better, I worked at the office from 8 - Noon today and then came home and trimmed the rose bushes. There now, do you feel better? Oh, yeah, I took my CD with all the photos to be printed. I'll pick them up later tonight :-). If all turned out well, I'll be sending CDs out soon (if not before New England, right after).

I'm hoping our photo will get posted. I will send it them to Laura tonight. I doctored mine up with a photo program. I'll let you know what she says.

How many days till your next cruise????

Where is everyone else????

~Anne
Hi Mark ~ I did get it. I will compare it to mine in the morning and send something along to Laura. It looked nearly identical to mine so I'll probably go with the one where I can see the most faces :-). Thanks for sending it.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

~Anne

Archived