Tampa Hotels

shugzie

I am cruising out of Tampa on the Carnival Miracle in October. I have never cruised out of here before and would like some suggestions for Hotels. Also interested in knowing if any hotels have free shuttle from airport and about transportation to the port from the Hotels.

Thanks!

I've stayed at Chase Suites, Doubletree Westshore and Wyndham Westshore and all were fine. Chase Suites is great if you have a large group or family as they offer 2 bedroom suites (we're a family of 6). They offered shuttle from the airport and to the pier and free breakfast. As I recall we paid about $175/night. Doubletree offers a shuttle from the airport and to the pier. I booked it using Priceline and it was about $60/night. Wyndham offers an airport shuttle, but we had to take a taxi to the pier ($10.00). I booked that on Hotwire for $65/night. Hope this helps.

I am cruising out of Tampa on the Carnival Miracle in October. I have never cruised out of here before and would like some suggestions for Hotels. Also interested in knowing if any hotels have free shuttle from airport and about transportation to the port from the Hotels.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn-Ybor City for our Miracle cruise in March. Very nice hotel with a great (free) breakfast each morning. You need to take a taxi from the airport, around $25, but they have free transportation to the pier. It's right next to the trolley line and a trolley stop is just steps from the door. The trolley is a fantastic bargain to get around town CHEAP. Ybor City is a neat place to explore both day and night.

Enjoy your cruise!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn-Ybor City for our Miracle cruise in March. Very nice hotel with a great (free) breakfast each morning. You need to take a taxi from the airport, around $25, but they have free transportation to the pier. It's right next to the trolley line and a trolley stop is just steps from the door. The trolley is a fantastic bargain to get around town CHEAP. Ybor City is a neat place to explore both day and night.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ditto the above. We were there the same night Scott was. We took the trolley to Channelside the night before the cruise for dinner and then over to Ybor City to look around.

Definately Chase Suites. Excellent service all around. They do a ship to shore package which provides all of your transportation, even back to the airport upon returning from your cruise.

• 1 month later...

We are staying at the Westin Harbour Island (used to be Wyndham) in September before our Inspiration 5 day. I imagine it is on the pricey side as when we booked it in February when it was still the Wyndham going for 200 a night. Luckily for me I work for a company that is partnered with the Wyndham and was able to get a $69 friends and family rate. From what I've been told it is a nice hotel and it is right across the channel from the Cruise Port. Can't beat the location. As for shuttle service, it was available when it was under Wyndham managment...the Westin site isn't very in depth with the hotel's amenities.

Archived