Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maverick Mike

Tuxedo Help - ASAP! Please!

I need your help right away! I dropped the ball. My wife and I were married last Saturday, and leave tomorrow morning for our honeymoon on the Freedom. I forgot to order my tux for the formal nights in the rush of everything with the wedding. I need to have a tux, as my wife has some stunning dressed she is going to wear.

My question is this: I called RC and they told me that they have a tux shop on this ship itself, but they may not have my size. I'm 6'3" 195, so pretty normal size. Do you think I will be able to get a tux on the ship tomorrow when we board, or should I go out and buy one here at home today? What would you do?

Please help, and thank you!

MM

A lot of the men only wear dark suits now a days. If your wife is adamant about it, I guess you're in a bind but a tux really is not necessary. Good luck on what you decide.

Hi Mike - you dont have to wear a tux on formal nights. On our honeymoon my husband had a dark suit (his wedding suit actually!!! lol) and he looked great. Just dont wear business ties - get a colour that compliments your wife's dress for instance.

If you are never going to wear a tux again I dont see the point of buying one. My husband has bought one for our last cruise and future cruises but to be honest dont get yourself worried about it. There will be loads of men NOT in a tux.

If you feel more comfortable wearing a tux, I would go now and get one, rather than be worried about whether they have your size on board. You'll be kicking yourself if they havent and further more you wont relax until you have been to the onboard shop to check (and that wont be open until you set sail).

If you really want to wear a tux I would go out now and buy one!!! Put your mind at rest and you can relax.

Many congratualations on your marriage - have a fab honeymoon!!!!! :) xx

Have you checked where you live to see if you can rent one from them? I assume you already tried to reserve online. I would think Freedom has that option. As soon as you get on board, go to the shop right away. The only problem you might have is getting the right inseam, with you being on the tall side.

You might want to a suit in case you can't get a tux.

a lot of tux shops in your area should have a rental available for the week. I would call up a few and ask. They usually can rent it to you for around the same price you can get it on the ship. You can also get it pressed on the ship it doesn't cost that much, just rent two shirts and don't forget black socks and shoes.

Congrats on your marriage.

It shouldnt be a problem... just get on the ship as early as possible and check into it as soon as you board. The earlier the better. They do have a wide selection on board... in case of poor fits for those who have ordered and for new orders like yours. Bring a dark suit just in case. No matter what you wear... just tell your new wife that she looks spectacular... and no one will be looking your way anyway!!!!!!!!

Have a great time and enjoy!!!!

Mike and wife, congratulations on your marriage and may God bless you both.

As stated, you don't have to wear a tux on formal night. Most men don't. My suggestion echoes the previous ones - go ahead and take your darkest suit with a number of choices of ties with you, and see if you can be outfitted for a tux once you are onboard ship. Either way, it will work out. Surely your wife understands this just slipped your mind - it was her wedding too and she knows well the hustle and bustle of preparing for a wedding.

Have a wonderful trip on the Freedom! Be sure to post a review for us once you're back home.

~Karen

As stated, you don't have to wear a tux on formal night. Most men don't.

Actually, on Freedom last week, most men DID wear tuxedos...particularly on the first formal night. This may have been due to the fact that we were on the maiden voyage, but the attire was very impressive!

Tracy

Not to try and make a commercial, but Jacques Penney sells a decent looking tux that might help if you live near a mall with a JCP. We sell a lot of them...you can even buy a shirt, tie, "crumb catcher" and shoes as well.

They should have something to fit you.

If not, I agree, take a dark suit, flatter your wife and have fun. Maybe you could buy a couple bow ties to snazz it up.....

congrats and have a great time!

Personally, I think a nice dark suit looks nicer than a tux anyway. Tux's are out, black suits are in. With a nice tie (no obnoxious print, just a nice color) it will look better than a tux. Check out fashion magazines...dark suits are in.

They have tuxes on board. The most they may have to do is hem the length of the trousers....and that only take a few minutes. Plus you don't have to run out to rent one at home and run it back when you get home.

I expect that they will have one in your size requirements. I am about the same and have had to trade in pants that were either too short or too long and they were able to accomodate me.

good luck

Dark suit and tie is just fine if you don't have a tux.

If you insist on a tux, you will be able to rent something onboard. I once had a tux rented in advance and upon boarding/checking it out noticed a missing button and slight stain. The ship was able to replace it for another one immediately. That said -- I don't bother with a tux anymore and prefer a suit/tie which is far more versatile.

Enjoy your honeymoon !

Dave

My husband forgot his suit at home so we rented a tux on board. They had lots of different sizes available and the price was around $85.

I need your help right away! I dropped the ball. My wife and I were married last Saturday, and leave tomorrow morning for our honeymoon on the Freedom. I forgot to order my tux for the formal nights in the rush of everything with the wedding. I need to have a tux, as my wife has some stunning dressed she is going to wear.

My question is this: I called RC and they told me that they have a tux shop on this ship itself, but they may not have my size. I'm 6'3" 195, so pretty normal size. Do you think I will be able to get a tux on the ship tomorrow when we board, or should I go out and buy one here at home today? What would you do?

Please help, and thank you!

MM

I was getting ready for dinner when I discovered my suit pants did not come back from the cleaners with the jacket:(! I made a frantic call to the tux shop, the most efficient gentleman showed up at my door in 15 minutes, took measurements, and headed back to his shop. 30 minutes later a perfectly sized tux was delivered:D. I am 6'2" and weighed 205. They took care of me in just under an hour. Thankfully we were dressing a little early for pictures and we made it to dinner on time. (My wife still reminds me of this incident from time to time...I haven't let my cleaners forget it either:p!

Lots of interesting people on this thread. The truth is that Tux's are still in, and the easiest way to handle this situation, is to have the ship provide you with a tux. Rent it and forget it!!!

Rick

My past cruises as well as upcoming cruise have all been Atlantis charters - no formal night(s) so no tuxes or suits. I'm looking into a mainstream cruise to the Southern Caribbean next year.

My question being, are white dinner jackets still in use? I don't even own a suit.