Alaska pictures & the Sun Princess

mrsa1113

We were on the Sun Princess from 6/4 to 6/11 to Alaska and had a WONDERFUL trip! I have posted some of the pictures here: http://photos.yahoo.com/kja1113 if anyone would like to see them. I know recently someone was looking for pictures from the White Pass RR and I have plenty of them. It was a beautiful day when we were in Skagway, as were all the days during our cruise, and the scenery was beautiful. I would highly recommend the RR, although my brothers and their families rented a van and did the drive to Emerald Lake and really liked that also. They saw a bear along the highway.

We also did a private fishing excursion in Ketchikan with True Alaskan Charters, and although we had no luck catching salmon (no one did that day), we did catch some various fish, saw LOTS of whales and had probably the best day of our trip. We did the whale watching in Juneau through the cruise ship and althought it was ok and we did see whales, in the future I would book that through an independent. The boat was just too big and too many people on it. In Victoria we just walked around town, but it is a very nice town. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures from Victoria.

The Sun was GREAT. We did early seating traditional dining and had the BEST waitress (Liliana) and loved it. The food was good, but the bread and the desserts were GREAT. Our room steward was wonderful and we just had great service all over the ship. My 4 year old daughter is quite spoiled anyway, but she has NEVER had that much attention paid to her before. All the staff on the ship paid special attention to her the whole trip. She played shy most of the time, but really had a great time. Of course here favorite part of the day was going to our room at night and finding chocolates on her pillow! Overall, even though it was our first cruise and have nothing to compare it to, we had a great time and what I would consider the trip of a lifetime for us.

Let me know if you have any questions about the pictures or the trip or ship in general.

Kathy

Kathy,

Thanks for posting the link to your pictures. I really enjoyed viewing them, especially the ones from Seattle and Tracy Arm.

We were on the Sun last year for a Northbound cruise and this July we'll be on her again for the roundtrip Seattle.

Archived