Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

augie

Diamond 6/12 Review (Part 11 of 11)

Sunday, June 20: Homeward bound.

Morning came much too soon. After room service breakfast we took a town car to the airport and arrived in plenty of time to catch our 10:45AM flight. Only our boarding pass said that our flight didn't leave until 11:45 (oh well, I didn't really want that extra hour of sleep anyway). And our seats weren't together anymore. When Leslie went to fix that they said we'd had a change of equipment (to a bigger plane) and that it was overbooked, so we got on the "bump list", but ended up getting on the plane, next to each other even. Then we had a lot of time to wait. And time to look at the pictures we'd taken throughout the week on my laptop. We also got to spend some time with Debbie and Mike, from Stuart, FL. a couple that we met in Skagway, so it wasn't too bad. And, by going early we likely got there ahead of a lot of disembarking cruise ship passengers.

We finally were on the plane, made it to Atlanta, made the change to the next plane, made it to Melbourne, found our luggage, got one last ride in a town car, and, at 11:30PM, we were in our house "looking forward" to going to work in a few short hours!

If I haven't bored you enough with this report, I hope to be posting a lot of pictures from the trip shortly, that should do the trick!

We had a great time on our first Princess cruise, and are looking forward to another one. But up next - Carnival Miracle out of Tampa this fall!

(THE END!)

Augie,

Great journal; thank you so much for sharing. I went on the same cruise on the 5/29 sailing and your review helped me re-live some of the best parts of my journey. Your writing is very interesting and I read every work--not the least bit boring. The only thing is I can't find part 5.

Thanks again,

Lynda

Thanks for your review Augie, reminds me even more that I must return to Alaska! You are so lucky you we able to see all those humpbacks. They were just arriving during our cruise. Again, thanks for the enjoyable read.

Augie: What a fantastic review. It was thoroughly enjoyable and it helped to re-live our past experience in Alaska. Again, thank you very much.

Marilyn:)

Thanks for the great review. I am ready to go back and try the Diamond out. I was one of the people waving to you from the Sapphire in Tracy Arm. 8^) Tell us how your wife found the great deal on the hotel Monaco. I'd like to stay there next time.

Here as a picture we took of the Diamond as we passed in Tracy Arm.

DiamondTracyArm.jpg.1f47903d9f0cbbd826db3bacaff6ecd4.jpg

Great trip journal. We were on the June 12th Diamond with you and we also had a teriffic time. We stayed at the Westin post cruise, went to Seattle Center, saw the jugglers and then went up on the Space Needle. Did you go to the Sports Illustrated promotion tents. They were giving away free golf shirts, magazines and other promotional items.

Michele & Milton

Wonderful review! I felt I was on the cruise with you. So many of your experiences on your Alaska adventure mirror my own experience to Alaska in 2002. Thank you!

Augie, thanks for the great review! All the details definitely reminded me of the great memories I had on my cruise. I also didn't know about the Diamond-Sapphire meeting in Tracy Arm. Sounds like an amazing sight to see!

Thanks so much for this well written review! If you said Part 12 would have been doing laundry at home (what first, lights or darks?) I would have read that too! Wonderful!