Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

Is bottled water included on the soda card? I am trying to figure out if the soda card is worth it for what I actually and usually consume.

Ice cream is free on board. I always take a large insulated mug, fill halfway with icecream, a bit of ice, and two shots of coffee. Stir well, and voila... Frapachino!

Ice tea, and punch are also always available free.

Is bottled water included on the soda card? I am trying to figure out if the soda card is worth it for what I actually and usually consume.

To actually answer the question, no.

There is plenty of free purified water though. Take an empty water bottle over to any juice station and fill it there from the chilled water dispenser.

As good or better then most bottled water which is just tap water for Yuppies anyway.

You're joking right:eek:

the reason i asked its because my PVP told me it could be done, so i asked the question...which can't be any more silly than asking where a liquor store is in miami....just grab "the yellow pgs".............we ask to get information from those with past experiences!

I don't know if this is still true or not, but I hope it is. If you have professional pictures that you'd like to buy from Carnival, only buy the 8x10 for $19.99 (you can't buy a 5x7 for $5 or $6 without buying the 8x10 first). Well, after I returned home from a Carnival cruise in 1995, I went to a local photo store to see about getting the photo copied (knowing full well that they probably couldn't do it). Anyway, the photo shop owner said that he couldn't copy it without first getting a release from Carnival. So I called them up, and they sent it right out. No problem!

Do they still take picutures before boarding the ship and at all the different ports? If so, are the port pictures available for purchase?

In case the poster was serious:

"Carnival's Vacation Guarantee:

We're so confident you'll enjoy your Carnival cruise vacation, we guarantee it. Carnival is the only cruise line to offer the Vacation Guarantee. Simply book your cruise vacation and sail away on a "Fun Ship." If you are not completely satisfied with your cruise vacation experience, all you need to do is notify us before arrival at the first port of call and you must debark at your ship's first non-U.S. port of call. Carnival will refund the unused portion of your cruise fare and pay your flight back.*"

There is nothing in there about upgrading your room. That may be the case with a land-based resort, but you have to be willing to pay for what you want or be willing to be unsatisfied enough to walk away from the rest of your vacation.

I just love this and it has worked every time. When you are going on a snorkeling excursion, get several of the cereal boxes at breakfast(Frosted Flakes work best). Before you get in the water, take the "waterproof" wax bags out of the boxes and take them in with you. When you want the fish to come close, for great pics etc., tear the corner off the little bags and squeeze you have great fish food. :) Just remember to tuck the empty bags in your swim suit to return to the boat and don't leave them behind in the water. :eek:

Just make sure you're not doing this in a protected marine area...like the reefs off of Chankanaab in Cozumel. The Mexican Feds might get you.

There is plenty of free purified water though. Take an empty water bottle over to any juice station and fill it there from the chilled water dispenser.

As good or better then most bottled water which is just tap water for Yuppies anyway. __________________

Don

L.O.O.D. Member

My Pictures

"As god is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" -- Arthur Carlson

Thanks Don -- as I am a distilled water drinker [dont prefer the bottled stuff... but it's better than most tap] I think i will bring LESS water, and just keep refilling my water bottle.

and -- i chuckle every time i see your sig file....

i'll never forget when i saw that episode of WKRP, and the look on 'Ole Arthur's face when the poor turkeys were hitting the ground.... and i believe he was getting scratched in the face in the process...

the reason i asked its because my PVP told me it could be done, so i asked the question...which can't be any more silly than asking where a liquor store is in miami....just grab "the yellow pgs".............we ask to get information from those with past experiences!

I apologize if you were mislead by your PVP. Usually the ship will sail sold out which means there would be no chance of moving to another cabin. Since you said you liked balcony rooms I didn't take you seriously for booking an inside room. I love balcony rooms too and don't think I could spend a nite much less a week in an inside room. Didn't mean to upset you.

Do they still take picutures before boarding the ship and at all the different ports? If so, are the port pictures available for purchase?

they take pictures everywhere. you cannot get away from them. but many of them are fabulous. on formal night, i made dh go to every one with me and we had many pics. taken. we bought about 6-8 total 8x10's. we liked them very much. on the conquest, they have one photo op. set up with a baby grand piano, and they use soft lighting it is gorgeous. make sure you go by there on formal night! i did not care for the port pics for they were usually in such a hurry to get as many people as possible there were always all kinds of other people in our pics.

I apologize if you were mislead by your PVP. Usually the ship will sail sold out which means there would be no chance of moving to another cabin. Since you said you liked balcony rooms I didn't take you seriously for booking an inside room. I love balcony rooms too and don't think I could spend a nite much less a week in an inside room. Didn't mean to upset you.

well im glad i read ur commemnt because i belong to the carnival vacation club and we only have points left for an inside cabin, so the PVP said "once u get on the "ship see if u can pay a little extra to be upgraded" so i asked the question BUT now that u tell me about the ships being sold out, i think i wont risk it & upgrade now before i go....even though those freaking extra points are so expensive...but thanks for ur input........

a turkey cannot fly? is that a joke? :confused: :o

Farm raised turkeys have been bred to have such large breasts that they can no longer fly. Worse than that, their large breasts prevent them from having sex. Can't get together so to speak.

Wild turkeys have neither problem.

Dan

Here is my suggestion. This is for people that have some time still before their cruise. I work in public safety so I'm always attending safety fairs, wellness fairs, all that kind of of stuff. I never pick up all the little "junk" because I'd have a ton of stuff. NOW that I leave in 20 days I'm kicking myself. You can get little first aid kits with bandaids and antiseptic, antibacterial wipes, little sewing kids, keychain flashlights, all sorts of stuff!! Granted you can buy all this for rather in expensive, but if you can get it for free and save six or seven bucks ... that's an extra drink!! So my tip is ... go to these types of things and think cruise materials!!!

Here is my suggestion. This is for people that have some time still before their cruise. I work in public safety so I'm always attending safety fairs, wellness fairs, all that kind of of stuff. I never pick up all the little "junk" because I'd have a ton of stuff. NOW that I leave in 20 days I'm kicking myself. You can get little first aid kits with bandaids and antiseptic, antibacterial wipes, little sewing kids, keychain flashlights, all sorts of stuff!! Granted you can buy all this for rather in expensive, but if you can get it for free and save six or seven bucks ... that's an extra drink!! So my tip is ... go to these types of things and think cruise materials!!!
This is why I collect travel size hotel items. They come in very handy on a cruise.

This might be common knowledge, but remember that it's smart to check the rate on your cruise after you have made your reservation. I would recommend calling carnival(or your TA) or check the internet for rate decreases. I check weekly and have had my cruise rate adjusted 3 times saving a total of about $600 for my family(from $3600 to $3000). As long as a room is available at the lower rate at your level, they have to honor your request. This is my 2nd cruise and the same applied to the last cruise I took. A quick phone call can save you a ton of money. And just asking for onboard credit works. My TA also would add onbard credit to my account if I refer people to him. There are many ways to make money.

One question: Does Carnival expect people to pay full tip price($10 a day) for a 1 year old baby?? What are the guidelines on this?

Store all of your important information - passport numbers, credit card numbers, airline, hotel and excursion reservation info, contact phone numbers, etc... on a Jump Drive / Flash Drive. Pack it in your carry on. In case of emergency you will have all of that information at your fingertips. It can be plugged into the USB port on any computer. The info can be encrypted and opened with only your password.

This might be common knowledge, but remember that it's smart to check the rate on your cruise after you have made your reservation. I would recommend calling carnival(or your TA) or check the internet for rate decreases. I check weekly and have had my cruise rate adjusted 3 times saving a total of about $600 for my family(from $3600 to $3000). As long as a room is available at the lower rate at your level, they have to honor your request.

This is true up until your final payment is due.

well im glad i read ur commemnt because i belong to the carnival vacation club and we only have points left for an inside cabin, so the PVP said "once u get on the "ship see if u can pay a little extra to be upgraded" so i asked the question BUT now that u tell me about the ships being sold out, i think i wont risk it & upgrade now before i go....even though those freaking extra points are so expensive...but thanks for ur input........

I agree, We have tried to upgrade was on board and never had luck, always sold out.

Archived