Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

Found this on that web site:

If you have kids 12 or under, they can order soda or "pop" free of charge with dinner in the assigned dining room at night only (not in the buffet areas). You may have a waiter/waitress attempt to charge you for it, as it seems they are not all aware of this policy. A smile and a reminder that Carnival offers free carbonated beverages to children at dinner was all it took for us, our waitress returned later and apologized, while informing us that we were indeed correct.

Has anyone with kids under 12 tried this. Do they get soda or "pop" free of charge in the dining room?

This doesn't seem to be true anymore. Many people have posted that they no longer give kids free soda in the dining room.

I just read this entire thread over the past few days myself so the link to the compilation list of EVERYTHING on this thread was somewhat easy to find on my browsing history. Here is the link. Great tips everyone! Any new tips (as some of these may be outdated)?

http://home.comcast.net/~dr.crash/HomePage.html

Frog: Thanks for the link. I will print it and give it to the others we are cruising with. They will be going on their first cruise. On our last cruise I ordered a banana split for dessert and the waiter cracked up. It was wonderful. I may have to give the hot fudge sundae a whirl.

On each of our cruises (8 in all) we have requested the cabin steward remove the contents of the fridge, and they have always gladly done so.

We have had robes already in the cabin upon arrival. I don't know if it makes a difference that we usually stay in a balcony cabin.

Just a bit of info, from what I have heard, you are charged for cappuccino now in the dinning room on alot of the ships. Maybe others will please let us know which ships are charging.

I just returned from the Carnival Legend 2/3-2/10 and there was no charge for cappuccino in the dinning room. .

I just returned from the Carnival Legend 2/3-2/10 and there was no charge for cappuccino in the dinning room. .

.............Or espresso.

On each cruise I asked the waiter the first night to please bring me a double espresso after dinner. After the first night it's there with no asking and no charge.

Do they have plus size robes?

Is bottled water included on the soda card? My son is a big water drinker, but not much of a coke drinker.

Can you save pool chairs in the mornings?

Not suppose to hog chairs, but by sun up they are out in full force around the pools. They always gave us water in a glass with ice. Tased fine and no charge.

Is bottled water included on the soda card? My son is a big water drinker, but not much of a coke drinker.

The robes only come in one size and I don't recall how big they are but I know they weren't tiny. As long as you don't mind not being right by the pool or on the Serenity Deck, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting a chair. We wanted to be on the Serenity Deck so we saved our chairs around 7:30 AM and got out there by around 9:30. I know your not supposed to save chairs, but it's the ONLY way to get a chair where you want to be. I don't know if bottled water is included in the soda card. You can get water and ice all the time in the Brassier Restaurant (don't remember the exact name, sorry), which is on the Lido Deck. We packed a collaspable cooler and packed about 24 bottles of water in a duffle bag. We asked our room steward to fill the cooler every day and they stayed cold. They lasted for almost the whole 5 day cruise between the two of us. When we ate meals, I just drank the regular water and it was fine.

Not all ships are full of chair hogs.

I saw next to NO chair saving on the Miracle (but we were only by the aft adult pool). Maybe there was some by the main pools.

The water on board the ship is perfectly fine for drinking. As a favor to your fellow passengers, though, please don't put the mouth of your water bottle against the nozzle of the dispenser! Ewww!

I guarantee you that if the chairs in the new Serenity area are all saved at 7:30 in the morning when I sail Fascination next December, and people don't show up until 9:30, that I will have move their stuff.

Sorry, folks. It's first come, first served ONLY if you are actually using the area. :mad:

I guarantee you that if the chairs in the new Serenity area are all saved at 7:30 in the morning when I sail Fascination next December, and people don't show up until 9:30, that I will have move their stuff.

Straight into the nearest trash can.... or for even more fun, straight into a trash can near the buffet.

Originally Posted by Cheriesellshomes viewpost.gif

I just love this and it has worked every time. When you are going on a snorkeling excursion, get several of the cereal boxes at breakfast(Frosted Flakes work best). Before you get in the water, take the "waterproof" wax bags out of the boxes and take them in with you. When you want the fish to come close, for great pics etc., tear the corner off the little bags and squeeze you have great fish food. :) Just remember to tuck the empty bags in your swim suit to return to the boat and don't leave them behind in the water. :eek:

Just make sure you're not doing this in a protected marine area...like the reefs off of Chankanaab in Cozumel. The Mexican Feds might get you.

Thank You..for the mention of the Feds!!!!

I have seen this type of info on several boards & it is so distressing.:eek:

We have never had the opportunity for so many people to be so close to so many beautiful places & have the ability to interact with the natural inhabitants as we do now.

However we ALL have the responsibility not to tresspass

& certainly not to alter.

If you want to "swim with the fish" learn the least intrusive way to do so. Don't feed them useless food that destroys their health.

Fish are attracted to colour....coloured beads in a good spill proof container, hanging from your wrist will attract fish without damaging them.

Mexico is a poor country & yet the amount of volunteer effort as well as money the people put into protecting their turtles, fish & coral only to have "visitors" doing thoughtless things to endanger their wildlife must be very disheartening.

Please research your ideas before implementing them. For everyones sake.:o

I don't know about plus size, but the robes are of a decent size.

Bottled water isn't included. My tip, buy the liter of water (the BIG bottle) it's more economical in the long run.

You <i>can</i> save pool chairs in the morning. Whether or not your stuff will be there when you return for it, is another story.

Okay I have read all 90 pages of information. I lot of it was very useful. Thank you to all the posters. As a first time cruiser, I have learned a lot of things to make our trip even better and less stressful. Can't wait to enjoy 2 lobster tail dinners. Yum!!

Okay, I have a tip, but don't flame me for this. I admit it's a little sneaky. And you can blame my husband, it was his idea. He goes to the galley of pictures and finds ours. Then he gets up real close to our picture and takes his own picture of it. That way he doesn't have to pay for our picture. I know. We're bad. Real bad.

Does the picture come out good?:confused:

If you have kids 12 or under, they can order soda or "pop" free of charge with dinner in the assigned dining room at night only (not in the buffet areas). You may have a waiter/waitress attempt to charge you for it, as it seems they are not all aware of this policy. A smile and a reminder that Carnival offers free carbonated beverages to children at dinner was all it took for us, our waitress returned later and apologized, while informing us that we were indeed correct.

That is a great tip. Which ship were you on?

Does the picture come out good?:confused:

We do it at theme parks and stuff because their pictures are absolutely outrageous to buy. They're not like amazing quality, but you can certainly see the picture clear.

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v103/160/28/5230340/n5230340_38916966_9036.jpg

That's a link to one we did over the summer at Disney. It's not the best because there were so many people, but you can still what the picture is of.

Okay, I have a tip, but don't flame me for this. I admit it's a little sneaky. And you can blame my husband, it was his idea. He goes to the galley of pictures and finds ours. Then he gets up real close to our picture and takes his own picture of it. That way he doesn't have to pay for our picture. I know. We're bad. Real bad.

If they did not charge so much for them we would all buy more of them. I do not know why they have to charge such high prices for these pictures. If they lowered the cost people would buy more and they would not have to throw them away:cool:

If they did not charge so much for them we would all buy more of them. I do not know why they have to charge such high prices for these pictures. If they lowered the cost people would buy more and they would not have to throw them away:cool:

I wish I had remembered this tip about taking pictures of the pictures. Because of the prices, we had a whole stack (probably 40 or so) of pictures we threw away. We wanted some, but they just weren't good enough to pay those prices. Lower prices or some sort of deal and we may have gotten more than 6 pictures out of all those taken.

Linda

I sailed on the Carnival Miracle with my son when he was 13 months old, they only charged me half of the tip $5.00/day. Not sure if this applies accross the board. I sailed with him on the Carnival Valor when he was 2 and was charged the full tip of $10.00/day.

I wish I had remembered this tip about taking pictures of the pictures. Because of the prices, we had a whole stack (probably 40 or so) of pictures we threw away. We wanted some, but they just weren't good enough to pay those prices. Lower prices or some sort of deal and we may have gotten more than 6 pictures out of all those taken.

Linda

Taking pics of pics is not a "little sneaky" it is completely dishonest. It is actually stealing, and it is not allowed. If you want the pic, pay for it. If you don't, throw it away.

Dan

Taking pics of pics is not a "little sneaky" it is completely dishonest. It is actually stealing, and it is not allowed. If you want the pic, pay for it. If you don't, throw it away.

Dan

I believe in paying a fair price for something. They are taking advantage of people. I have never done this....because I have never thought of it:p

I just might now:rolleyes:

Archived