My Conquest Review

Brentonsmom

We sailed 6/18-6/24. Everything was great and we have no complaints at all. The weather was better than I could have hoped for.

We drove in from north Florida the Sat. before. We stayed at a Days Inn in Webster, on Nasa Parkway. Very nice and clean. It was about 2 blocks from I-45. Sunday morning it was raining--alot. Got to the port in about 45 minutes. Dropped off our bags and drove to EZ Cruise. Parked and walked back to the ship. Went inside the terminal and got in line at about 10:45 am. By 12:45 we were on the ship. I would suggest either getting there early or late. It got very crowded very quickly. We were the 2nd group onto the ship. The rain had stopped by this time!!

We had a balcony room--6343. Very nice room. Plenty of room especially in the bathroom. Room steward was great.

First 2 days at sea we just hung out by the pool and ate alot. My 10 year old son loved the slide and pools. Make sure you explore the ship the first day and learn everthing. My son and I were all over it by the time we sailed and had a good idea of where everyhing was.

Wed we were in Jamaica. It is a beautiful looking island. We went to Sunset Beach and had a great time. Very close to the pier but you will need a taxi. Sailaway was alot of fun. Our balcony faced the terminal and we watched all the people return. Some school children were playing music and dancing below us and everone would throw them coins.

Thurs was Grand Cayman. We shopped a little in the morning. This was the most expensive port. We had a tour planned with Nativeways which went well. The water is the most beautful torquoise color. The water at the stingrays was beautiful and so warm.

Friday was Cozumel. Least expensive of the ports. We went to Paradise Beach and had a great time. Came back into town and shopped some. Great shopping opportunities right by the tender area. You can see lots of destruction from the hurricane--mostly trees and plant life.

Sat was our last sea day and we just lounged around. The chocolate buffet is held that day during lunch. They have other food too but I had a chocolate lunch!!

We didi self assist because we needed to get on the road as quickly as possible for that long drive home. We arrived in Galveston around 630. I thought the self assist went well as long as you were at the beginnng of it. I am sure it got crowded and the elevators got full fast. We went thru customs--a breeze. We walked back to EZ Cruise and was pulling out of their parking lot at 8:15 Galveston time.

I think my biggest tip is get there early(around 10-11 am or after 2)

and do self assist and get off quick or linger around the ship and relax till probably around 11.

The food was very good, we only ate in the dining room 3 nights but enjoyed it. It is easier to do the buffet with a child. No time restraints. The buffets are where we ate probably 90% of all our meals. Enjoyed it all.

We are now attempting to plan next years cruise!

I hope everyone has fun on the Conquest.

Tina

Tina - Thanks for the fun review. We leave in October and I really enjoy reading about our ship before we leave. It helps the planning process!

Robtx - I agree with you about getting a cruise fix. It is really hard to wait a year until the next one - the Conquest is our "cruise fix" because our next one is Tahiti!!!!

Vette

Great review, Tina! It's so funny to me that you did many of the same things we did! I did often look for a family with a 10 year old, but never saw any one that I thought might be you! We really should have come up with a meeting place like many roll call groups do. I thought that would have been fun! I'll try for that next time!

I'm sure sad that our wonderful week is over! We planned this cruise so far in advance that I've thought of nothing else for a very long time! I desperately need something to look forward to now!

What are you doing next?? Will you cruise again? We are already talking about which one to do. We think we will stay with Carnival for now. We're looking at the Valor or Glory's eastern itinerary. We must save some $$ first.....this cruise really cost us a lot!

How about if we keep our roll call up and running for a while? I am not quite ready to leave CC as it's become a part of my daily routine (sad, I know!).

Hope you're returning to reality much better than I am!

Debbie

Tina - Jamie and I were also in the second group to get on the ship! We also went to Sunset and on the last day we did self-assist and were off the ship and in our car at 8 am so we were pretty close! Glad you had a good time.

I am working on a review and I will let you know when I have it posted.

Archived