Reviews of Glory

mared1

:eek: Has anyone read the 2 latest reviews of the Glory under the review tab of Cruise Critic? Neither are very positive and one makes it sound terrible.

For anyone who has cruised recently, got anything positive to say?

I just got off the glory on June 24 and had an awesome time. I havent had time to write a full review yet, but I'm working on it. The Glory is a very nice ship and I really don't have any negative things to say about it, but I also do not go on a cruise to find things to complain about. Don't worry about a few negative reviews, you will have an excellent time on the Glory. :)

In reading the review by Nic - all I can say is I'm glad he got all that B.S. off his chest and feels better! I hope I'm never on a ship with him because there is no pleasing the guy on anything and his negatives are more than likely tainted.

I sailed on the Glory 5/20. This was my second staright cruise on the Glory and I have booked my next cruise on the Glory in September. The Glory is fast becomming my favorite ship and, in my opinion, one of the best in Carnival' fleet!

Just to give you an overview. I had no problems at embarkation - I was through the lines and on Board in 30 minutes with "Welcome Back" all around. I, in two visits, have never had any rude unfriendly counter service at Port Canaveral.

We dropped our carry ons in our room - despite it being only shortly after noon. Our steward was there finishing up but had no problem with the incursion and we spent a few minutes talking about the voyage ahead. Got excellent service all week and tipped him personally the last night of the Cruise.

We ate breakfast every morning in the Red Sail and thought the food was good. A couple complaints here and there on selection and such - but MCDonalds? - give me a break! Thought the lunch menus in the Red Sail were great - if the reviewer thought these were cafeterial type food from home- I would be afraid to ask where he is eating! There is two line on either side of the Red Sail - so plently of selection choices! ate every night in the Dinning room so can not comment on evening Red Sail.

Dinning Room - Excellent as usual! Had a great attentive wait staff, and despite late sitting, were not in a hurry to run you out! Food was excellent as well - and two different entrees etc was pushed constantly. MMM Lobster and Prime Rib - cant wait to get back on board.

Did not do any organized tours - we are freelancers - so no comment- other than to say that what I was told about tendering in Belize being a nightmare was not true. WE had tender stickers for 13 but they had run through 7 and everybody was gone - no lines! We were off boat in 35 minutes from picking up a tender sticker!

Overall - the Crew of the Glory are very freindly and helpful and go out of their way to make each voyage special. I saw the main show and thought it was excellrent. Not Broadway quality - but where else are you going to see Broadway but Vegas or Atlantic City - and you are going to pay $200.

Debarkation was a snap - maybe because our deck was called second! Overall went very smoothly.

Again if you have specific questions on the Glory - let me know and I will answer. If not - come join us on the RED,WHITE,AND BLUE OLD GLORY Sailing on 9/9!!! ALOHA

When i checked out the review I found under cruise reviews it seemed like the Glory got high marks. Dining was rated 4, Entertainment 5, rates 5 according to the Critic's corner.

I was told by my agent to check out this site and the message boards, but I also needed to understand some people will never be happy. I get on some photography forums and sports message boards, so I do understand how we have to sift through some posts but it seems like we can get a generally good idea about what are concerns or requests are from the message boards.

Trying to get information from posts on message boards kind of reminds me of Olympic judging - you throw out the highest and lowest scores in order to make an accurate evaluation.

I read the one by Nic this morning. As I read it, I thought there is no possible way that anyone could possibly have had as bad a time as he "says" he did. It almost reads like a troll. One notable quote had to do with blaming cruisers for the ship departing late. What was that about? The ship doesn't sit and wait for all passengers to arrive. Anyone who has absolutely nothing good to say should never go anywhere. I actually dont believe his review. It's not a objective review and he so obviously has some motive for what he wrote. The time in port is available ahead of time so maybe he should have booked another trip. I'm inclined to think he actually didn't go on this cruise or if he did, he's looking for something. I'd love to hear from the rest of his party that he mentions were spread out all over the ship. This just doesn't ring true.

I saw the review by Nic this morning and thought WOW, didn't have the courage to put this where others could respond :mad:

I could not disagree more with what he said. We just got back from the 6/17 cruise and as carolinacruise10 has said I plan on writing a full review but just haven't had the chance (too much catching up to do after a week away which I wish was much longer on the Glory).

Our flight landed in Orlando at 10:15 and we were on the Lido deck with our first plate of foods and drink in hand by 12:30. We had a cabin on the spa deck with the floor to ceiling windows and would definitely recommend. Yes, there were lines at times, but with 3000 people on board what do you expect. Once people got the feel for the ship, the lines were much shorter and hardly noticeable. I ate so much my stomach is in withdrawal from a regular meal schedule again. Couldn't have done that if the food was sooo terrible. There was not one thing I didn't like (especially the deli, yummy reubens :D ) and if there was, I would just have asked for something different.

My only major complaints were with the piano bar (which I hear is being taken care of) and that Carnival has somewhat turned into a less expensive to get on board, but then charge charge charge for extras to make up for it type of outfit. The shore excursions are WAY overpriced, and to get things like a special dessert, you have to pay for it??? (at creams). Nothing that spoiled my trip, I just didn't do any of them. Saved my money for the martinis!

Overall great great cruise and would do it again in a heartbeat. Hopefully once I catch up will have time to write that review before I forget the details.

Go ready to enjoy and you will. Go looking for what's wrong and you'll find something. It's all in the attitude.

Enjoy, I know you will and don't worry about complainers like Nic. He obviously is not fit for cruising and I agree would never want to be on a ship with him!!!:eek:

I just got off the glory on June 24 and had an awesome time. I havent had time to write a full review yet, but I'm working on it. The Glory is a very nice ship and I really don't have any negative things to say about it, but I also do not go on a cruise to find things to complain about. Don't worry about a few negative reviews, you will have an excellent time on the Glory. :)

Hi, Were you on Western or Eastern? We are going on Eastern and wondering what nights are the formal dinners....Are there 1 or 2. Will they have a semi formal also. ? Thanks

I cruised the Glory in Feb with a group of 30+ others. Yes, its a few months back but I can not say anything bad about it neither can the others I cruised with. And the ever present talk of the Glory rocking more than other ships, we didnt think it did. Enjoy!:p

i reading the reveiw carnival glory. i would like to point out that the itinerary of the carnival glory in the time since his trip was booked has NEVER been grand caymen and oco rios. also the reason that the ship left late was a charter bus with approx. 30 passengers broke down enroute to theport. the bus called the port to advise of the situation

the final decision to hold the ship is up to the captain. the ship left late but it was only late by 1 1/2 hour.

obviously the poster went with the intention of finding fault with everything or is embellishing everything that occured on the particular cruise. do not let one review ruin your vacation

WE also recently returned from a trip on the Glory. I can't say enough about what a great time we had. Were there a few bumps? Of course! Were they of a proportion to ruin our trip or upset us? Of course not.

The ship is beautiful, clean, well managed and staffed by a wonderful crew that goes out of it's way at every opportunity to please. I don't see how any one could not have a good time on this ship. There are activities for every age group (even us old weather beaten people) if those on board are looking for things to do. As far as Carnival trying to get folks to spend money I only ask, What's the first thing you see after you enter a movie theater? I do believe it's a huge concession stand trying to relieve you of a few bucks and at outragious prices I might add. No one is forced to spend a penny once on board outside of gratuities (that they should be aware of prior to booking their cruise). That being said. We are booked for the 2nd of September on another cruise on what esle?? The Glory!!!:)

;) I would love to read your review as my DD (27) is going on this ship the end of August....many thanks

Hi, Were you on Western or Eastern? We are going on Eastern and wondering what nights are the formal dinners....Are there 1 or 2. Will they have a semi formal also. ? Thanks

I was on the Western Cruise. There were two formal nights which were both on days at sea which were Sunday and Thursday. The other nights I wore khaki pants and a polo. Not sure if you classify that as semi formal though. Hope this helps...:)

I was on the Western Cruise. There were two formal nights which were both on days at sea which were Sunday and Thursday. The other nights I wore khaki pants and a polo. Not sure if you classify that as semi formal though. Hope this helps...:)

Yes, Thanks Carolinacruiser...by the way, where is SC are you from? Just curious?:rolleyes:

well that had to be the most bitter review I have ever read. I would have jumped off the ship If I was having that bad of a time. Does carnival still have their guarantee if so he should have used it at the first port and went home. We are booked on the Sept. 23 Glory our fifth cruise on Carnival and we have loved them all.....

I sailed the Glory the week of 5/6/06. It was absolutely fabulous. The ship is spotless, the crew is really nice. I'm not a fan of the food......to each his own. But I found something everyday that I enjoyed, it's just not 5 star gourmet. Embarkation was a snap, I had my first umbrella drink at 11:45 on the Lido deck. To anyone thinking of sailing the Glory......DO IT! I liked it so much I've booked another cruise in Sept. on the Fantasy this time. Hope Glory hasn't spoiled me too much!

My DW and I will be on the Glory Sept.02,2006 "Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise."...Well heck...we'll be there if the creek does rise.Just look for the folks with wet shoes.

It's been a year and a 1/2 since we sailed on the Glory. We had a wonderful fun-filled week. Great service, great food, great entertainment. Loved our wait staff and cabin steward. Ship was clean, not too much movement, well except the night we had 12 ft. swells, but ya can't blame that on Carnival can ya? I would sail on her again in a flash. We sail on the Triumph in Dec. Can't wait. I love, love, LOVE Carnival. I day dream about it dailey and have to come here to CC for my fix every day! Love you guys!

Kathy in Maine

I was told by my agent to check out this site and the message boards, but I also needed to understand some people will never be happy.

Trying to get information from posts on message boards kind of reminds me of Olympic judging - you throw out the highest and lowest scores in order to make an accurate evaluation.

You've got that right, there are some who go on vactions looking for things to complain about. We've had small complaints about one thing or another on all of our cruises, but they've been such inconsequential problems that they aren't worth commenting on or including in a review. It takes all kinds and some kinds you can just be glad you aren't seated with at dinner. ;)

Ms B

Archived