RCL or Carnival 4 age 30's Caribbean in Aug/Sept??

swalsh99

:confused: Hi everyone and help!

I would like help picking a 7 day/night cruise for the Caribbean either the first or second week of either August or September. It will be me and my fiance and we are in our early 30's. We would like a fun cruise but elegant or romantic. We prefer not too many seniors or kids but whatever as long as their are plenty of people our age. We also want nice ports of call with fun stuff like great snorkling or swimming with dolphins, turtles, or stingrays. I really love the sound of Royal Caribbean's Vision and Radiance line of ships but neither sail during my dates in the carribbean. I also looked at the Voyage line of ships like the Mariner which looks nice with stuff like a rock climbing wall. It got 4 stars versus 4.5 stars by some newer Carnival cruises. I thought there was no way I would take one of those but I have not checked on them since '95 and boy have they improved. We will also want an Ocean View balcony cruise. Any suggestions??? Should I go for Carnival or RCL? Which ship?? Also, if there is another tropical cruise other than carribbean that is nice, I would like to know but I want at least 4 ports of call for a 7 day cruise instead of some that are at sea most of the time. Thanks for your advice!;)

RCCL has Voyager class ships. They have tons of activities on them. The larger and new Carnivale ship will be good too. If you go the second week of Sept you will not have as many kids as the schools are back in then. If you go end Aug you could still get a lot of kids as school may not be back in until the first week of Sept.

Have fun in the sun. :D :D

• 4 years later...

RCL would be my choice! You will have a great time! to avoid the children I have say the programs they have on borad usually keep them busy and they really don't want anything to do with grown ups. As for seniors, well they are usually in thier staterooms 7:00pm /8:00pm and are in thier beds tucked in for the night. lol

Archived