Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

obxlover

AOS - Just Got Back - 7/9/06

We had a wonderful time, the ship, food, everything was great. We only had one rainy day (Antiuga). Was very impressed by Captain Olav Nyseter, we saw him a lot around the ship, he was even at the "parade of flags" at the last dinner thanking all of us for coming (he also ate dinner at one of the formal nights). We had cabin 1324 and it was wonderful, we loved our cabin stewart, Eric. Boy did I miss him this morning!! We ate dinner in the dinning room every night and enjoyed it.

Any questions, please ask!!

We had a wonderful time, the ship, food, everything was great. We only had one rainy day (Antiuga). Was very impressed by Captain Olav Nyseter, we saw him a lot around the ship, he was even at the "parade of flags" at the last dinner thanking all of us for coming (he also ate dinner at one of the formal nights). We had cabin 1324 and it was wonderful, we loved our cabin stewart, Eric. Boy did I miss him this morning!! We ate dinner in the dinning room every night and enjoyed it.

Any questions, please ask!!

I'm so jealous! We had 1324 as well and we loved it too!

Glad you had a wonderful cruise, the AOS is a terrific ship with amazing crew. We are booked on a Back to Back for February :)

Thanks for the review! Would you happen to have the compass or the dinning room menus. Also what excursions if any did you do on the different islands? I will be leaving in a few weeks and I am very interested in any information about this route on the AOS.

Oh what about formal nights, which nights were they.

Thanks for the review. We are on AOS on the August 6th sailing... the same route as you. What excursions did you do? How early did you board ship in San Juan?

Thanks!

What is the windjammer like on the AOS. On the first ship we were on it was just 2 long lines to get food, but on the other ships they had different island stations which worked out much better.

The Windjammer, coupled with the Island Grill, basically makes 4 lines with the same food. My tip, which I first learned on these boards -- don't even sit in the Windjammer. Just make your way to the Island Grill. All lines have the same food, and it's usually less crowded in the aft. Also, better views, IMHO.