how did i do???

Hi,

Booked my first cruise with holland and was wondering how I have done so far, any input, or anything you would change. Booked Zuiderdam for January 29th, 2005 out of FLL for 4 day cruise to Nassau/Key West/Half Moon Key. Got roundtrip airfare from Pittsburgh with no stops for @270.30 total for two. Booked one night prestay through Priceline at Sheraton FLL airport for $62.27 total and got VA category room #6003(because of layout) for $552.95 per person total. Is this cabin ok? Only worry is lounge is above us I believe, and how is balcony at front of ship? Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Are these prices ok? We are not handicapped but I know there is a chance we may be moved out of room if needed. We just thought layout of room on deckplan looked larger than any other VA class.

Lastly, if we book Pinnacle for first night at discount rate of $10pp will we have any problems while onboard? IE lost reservation, not knowing it's prepaid, etc.

Thanks

:)

Once you get your credit card statement that indicated that you have a HAL charge of $20 ($10 per person), keep it and take it with you for proof that you have reserved the Pinnacle Grill for the first night just in case there isn't a card in your cabin once you board the ship.

:)

I am booked for 6003 on 8=14. According to the ship layyout, it is on the upper v deck. above is a ss suite on the rottterdam deck so there is no lounge above. We are looking foward to the cruise and will try to get back after the cruise. I have sailed on Holland America twice before and loved every minute of it.

Sounds like you did really good for yourself. To me Half Moon Cay was the best island beach stop that I have been to. No expensive shore excursions to get the beach! The BBQ was fun. Also I though Nassau was much better than expected becouse of the historical ambience.

The advice to bring your credit card statement with you is good. We booked ahead of time for the first night, and when we got on the ship I dropped by the Pinnacle to confirm my reservation and they had no record of it! I was persistent and stated that I had already paid for it (nicely) and they all scurried around a while and finally found my name on some list. It seemed like some sort of mix up but it did work out. I was wishing I had some sort of confirmation to show them though!

• 2 weeks later...

I just called Crucon this week and they quoted me $565 for rear VA cabins. I haven't booked yet...I can certainly do with saving $60 pp!

We want to take a family cruise and this sailing looks like it may be good for us...we'll be six and fellow Pennsylvanians (though from the Philly area, not P'burgh).

Cheers,

Esther

Archived