Punta Cana

P&DinDE2

• 3 weeks later...

My TA has suggested going to Punta Cana Resort.

Check out Traveler's Review on Expedia for the Sunscape.

Looks and reads like a nice place.

Parrot Mom ~ Cute Name.

I'll email you for your Info and Pictures.

I'll be Glad to read about your vacation.

Donna

We have booked the RIU Palcae Macao, Punta Cana.

Anybody have any info on this one? All the reviews I have read on this resort are positive & the pictures look BEAUTIFUL!

We picked this resort over the Sunscape because of the sand on the beach It is pure white where at the Sunscape the beach is man made (or so we read) & looks brownish in pictures! ( a minor thing but we wanted WHITE sand & CLEAR water for Christmas!!)

Would love to talk to some one who has actulally satyed there!

This is our Christmas present & 8 of us are going (all family) Leaving on Christmas morning!

Look at the website debbiesdominicantravel.com

There are loads of reviews for all the hotels in Punta Cana. We got lots of really useful info about our trip there last year.

The Bavaro Beach at Punta Cana is spectacular - one of the top 10 in the Caribbean. White sand, clear water - wonderful.

You`ll definately have a wonderful time

May I ask if airfare will be included with this? If not, where are you looking for airfare? We have cruised three times before and love it but my friends are interested in flying in and staying at an all-inclusive resort. I'd be interested to find out how it compares to cruising (pricewise). My email address is gbricker@frontiernet.net if anyone has the time to answer my questions. Thanks!

Hi Eager,

We booked with our travel agent & the trip is with Apple Vacations & non- stop air is included ( from Baltimore, MD) . I am sure this is also offered at an airport near our home.

price wise, considering that we are going Christmas week was about the same as a cruise with airfare!

• 1 month later...
We have booked the RIU Palcae Macao, Punta Cana.

Anybody have any info on this one? All the reviews I have read on this resort are positive & the pictures look BEAUTIFUL!

We picked this resort over the Sunscape because of the sand on the beach It is pure white where at the Sunscape the beach is man made (or so we read) & looks brownish in pictures! ( a minor thing but we wanted WHITE sand & CLEAR water for Christmas!!)

Would love to talk to some one who has actulally satyed there!

This is our Christmas present & 8 of us are going (all family) Leaving on Christmas morning!

We have been to CDM this winter will be FIVE times (yes, we've been to PUNTA Cana twice and Santo Domingo three times.. our heart is in La Romana.. the beach at CDM might be manmade.. but it's pure white sand..cleaned and raked every morning about 6:00 a.m. and the water is warm caribbean blue... and plenty of lounge chairs at the beach or by the pool.. and palapas allover the place....

• 4 months later...

We have been to Punta Cana Club Med twice already and are going back for New Years this year. Club Med is the best for families and our teenagers love it. We went on a Med. cruise this past summer but they definitely prefer hanging out at Club med more. The beach is gorgeous, the food great and all the activities are included...windsurfing, sailing, snorkeling, kayaking, tennis, tec. Plus you and your kids meet so many interesting people as the clientele is very international We live in the U.S. and love to meet people from other countries on vacation.

The prices during the holidays are comparable to a nice, long cruise. But remember everything is included...even alcoholic beverages!

For those of you that have been to the Punta Cana area, we were wondering about some day trips or tours of the area. We could rent a car or do a taxi for the day. Last time at Club Med we did an excursion to the city of Santa Domingo but am interested in activities or sights not too far from Punta Cana...anyone?

KathiB

• 1 month later...

My son and girlfriend leave for Punta Cana this weekend and I am wondering how safe it is and if there are any particular things they need to know, other than the usual tourist anywhere safety issues. They will be staying at Riu Palace, Punta Cana

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On the way from the parking lot to the airport and on the airplane from Charlotte to Houston we met families vacationing in Punta Cana. We've decided to make this our next vacation spot. Any resort recommendations? There are so many until I don't know where to begin.

There are over 60 resorts in Punta Cana so yes, a confusing amount to choose from. These maps can help, they show you where the hotels are and what's around them ... http://puntacanatv.com/maps They are to scale to give you an idea of walking distances.

There's also a convenient accommodations tab which lists all the resorts with links to their websites.

[url=http://puntacanatv.com/maps][/url]

Archived