Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robert and Sandy

Just back from Conquest 7/22/07

Which side of the ship is the best to see the ports from? Can't wait for the review!!! Rlyans

How was the food?

How was the service?

Did the males in your party wear a tie to formal night?

How about flip flops?

;)

Which side of the ship is the best to see the ports from? Can't wait for the review!!! Rlyans

We were on the starbort side room 7363 and can see the the inlands very well in texas when we go on the ship they had not turned the boat around yet so you were not fasing the dock but when we came back they turned it around before we docked

Can't wait for your review. We leave in 2 1/2 months. Yipppeeeeee!

Vette

Tell us what excursions you did please!

Paige

In Jamaica we did not do a excursion we just went to Jimmy Buffets very fun but very expensive In Cayman Islands me an my son and the rest of the male crew did the swim and snorkel with the stingrays not so good it seemed liked the hole ship was on this one sand bar and all they wanted to do is get your picture get you back on the boat and get the next crew to come out The women did a beach tour they did like that I will get her to tell yall more about that when she gets up (still sleeping) we did do some shoping here found them tobe a little expensive too Now the best excursion and place we went to was Cozumel we all did the sail snorkel and beach party this was the best had so much fun the crew realy gets you into the party and the snorkeling was great if you do anything do this!!! Cozumel is wher you want to do your shoping found this to be the cheapest out of all but do not pay what they tell you you tell them if they say no just walk away 9 outof 10 times they will come and get you and sell it to you for your price I will have my wife wright a better review on this for yall

How was the food?

How was the service?

Did the males in your party wear a tie to formal night?

How about flip flops?

;)

The food was great eat as much as you want order 3 of everything if you want You could not ask for any better service our waiter was Sosco and Marity they were the best took care of the kids great Yes we all wore ties on formal night Flip flops and krocks were all over the ship

Glad to hear you had a great time. We are going on the Conquest in November and are looking at hotels in Galveston for the night before...did you stay anywhere in Galveston prior to or after the cruise? We need suggestions...

Thanks so much!

There is a Motel 6 in Galveston (I am already booked for a room). I figured that since I am going to be spending a week on a floating 4 star hotel I can spend a little less on the night before.

Glad to hear you had a great time. We are going on the Conquest in November and are looking at hotels in Galveston for the night before...did you stay anywhere in Galveston prior to or after the cruise? We need suggestions...

Thanks so much!

you might want to try the quality inn & suits in galveston, were booked for 8-5-06 the day before our cruise, only69.95 but if you look at the prices rite now there about 170.00, i booked about 5 months ago. shop around for prices i found the best deal by going directly to there web site. this place is located directly across the street from the beach and each room has a balconie.:)

Thanks so much!

We just drove in from New Orleans the same day it was only about 5 1/2 hours so that was not bad i wish I could help But I a sure you will have a great time I just wish I was with yall

Happy Sailing

Robert:D

Thanks so much!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, which is on the other side of the island from the port, but only about 20 city blocks, and its right on the ocean with lots of stuff to do around the hotel (you can park for the night and walk up and down the street with the restaurants and surf shops, etc.). I think we paid $180 for a night but I used my points so it didn't cost me much. We were there on 7/8/06, FYI and although they say they don't allow only one-nighters, if they have availability and they know you're on the ship, you can stay. PLUS they have FREE parking for the week you're on the boat in their parking lot. I don't know how secure it is, and by the time we got there, we had already paid for our terminal parking of $70 for the week. You may want to call them ahead of time and ask them how safe their lot is. They also provide FREE shuttles to and from the ship terminal, so it might really be a great deal!

Hope that helps,

Booked on Conquest 9-24-06, flying into Hobby airport. Would you know the best service to shuttle or taxi to the port? Counting $$$$$ but would like to arrive for cruise in one piece and on time. Thanks to anyone with a suggestion!

you might want to try the quality inn & suits in galveston, were booked for 8-5-06 the day before our cruise, only69.95 but if you look at the prices rite now there about 170.00, i booked about 5 months ago. shop around for prices i found the best deal by going directly to there web site. this place is located directly across the street from the beach and each room has a balconie.:)

Stayed here 7/15, nothing Quality about it. My family wasn't impressed. They let you park in the front parking lot, no security, but there are bright lights in the parking lot and they say they have a camera on that area?? A taxi from there to the pier will cost around $15-$18 for the first person, $1 for each extra passenger + tip.

Booked on Conquest 9-24-06, flying into Hobby airport. Would you know the best service to shuttle or taxi to the port? Counting $$$$$ but would like to arrive for cruise in one piece and on time. Thanks to anyone with a suggestion!

Your best bet is to locate a shuttle service from Hobby, a Google search will find several options for you. We flew into Hobby for one of our cruises and the trip both ways were easy. Have a great cruise! :D

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, which is on the other side of the island from the port, but only about 20 city blocks, and its right on the ocean with lots of stuff to do around the hotel (you can park for the night and walk up and down the street with the restaurants and surf shops, etc.). I think we paid $180 for a night but I used my points so it didn't cost me much. We were there on 7/8/06, FYI and although they say they don't allow only one-nighters, if they have availability and they know you're on the ship, you can stay. PLUS they have FREE parking for the week you're on the boat in their parking lot. I don't know how secure it is, and by the time we got there, we had already paid for our terminal parking of $70 for the week. You may want to call them ahead of time and ask them how safe their lot is. They also provide FREE shuttles to and from the ship terminal, so it might really be a great deal!

Hope that helps,

There are two Holiday Inns on Seawall Boulevard in Galveston. Did you stay at "Holiday Inn on the Beach", or "Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort"?

(I live in Houston so I don't need the information, but thought it would be helpful to other readers of this thread to clarify which Holiday Inn. ;) )

We are booked on the Conquest 9/17/06 and will be staying at the Motel 6. We stayed there last year the night before our cruise and it was good. They have a decent pool and the rooms are clean so for 1 night it was great. The kids didn't have a problem with it so... It is also easy to get to the ship from there.

we have a great group going and are anxious to meet others cruising with us. Just look under conquest roll calls 9/24-

Hope to hear from you soon

Originally Posted by cmkspk

Thanks so much!

Most of us are staying at the La Quinta on Seawall Blvd. Its cheap and decent for the price. PLUS you can park there for free while you cruise! I was sold with that.:)

There are two Holiday Inns on Seawall Boulevard in Galveston. Did you stay at "Holiday Inn on the Beach", or "Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort"?

(I live in Houston so I don't need the information, but thought it would be helpful to other readers of this thread to clarify which Holiday Inn. ;) )

Thanks, yeah to clarify, it was NOT the Sun Spree Resort. Just the Holiday Inn On The Beach.

Thanks so much!

Harbor House is a great hotel right next to the ship. You can park there for the week for $20 extra and walk to the ship from the hotel. Loved that hotel!!!!! (it's about a 2-3 block walk, but it beats messing with cabs and shuttle buses, plus when you disembark, you can be to your car in 5 minutes)

Just got back yesterday I will right a review later very tired but I can't see how it can get any better ask any questions if I can I Will anwser them

Think you mean 7/22/06

We stayed at Hotel Galvez in January '07 and were very pleased with the experience. So much so that we are staying there again in October before we leave on the Conquest. Great Bloody Mary's and wonderful brunch on Sunday morning tho we did think the brunch was a little on the spendy side.