formal nights

leah67

Hi all, I am starting to think about the formal nights clothes. How formal is too formal. Can anyone give me some tips on what is worn to these nights. I don't want to pack the evening gowns and be too over the top.Thanks.

On the Aussie ships it is each to his own in regards to formal nights. I have worn a black shortish cocktail dress and also wore a full length formal dress (was a bridesmaid's dress).

I don't think you would be over or underdressed what ever you wear. I love getting all dolled up for it

Hi all, I am starting to think about the formal nights clothes. How formal is too formal. Can anyone give me some tips on what is worn to these nights. I don't want to pack the evening gowns and be too over the top.Thanks.

As far as the UK ships go you can wear what you want and never be too formal. You will only look out of place if you are not formal enough.

One word of advice - as soon as you get on the ship go to the spa and book your appointments for formal nights. They are normally gone within the first couple of hours after embarkation so if you want your hair done, a manicure or whatever then get in quick.

Archived