I saw the QM2 in Newport Last Night

Catrin

Actually, we saw her twice!

Yesterday afternoon, the ship was right outside Narragansett Beach in Narragansett RI...

Late afternoon.. it moved to Newport.

It was quite a sight! A big fish in a little pond, in all her glory. We stayed in Jamestown, across the bay, and watched the fireworks from there.

The fireworks were GOOD >>>> but not the NY Fireworks I have seen on TV. I sure hope the passengers enjoyed them.... but I know for one, I would have been disappointed. Something about NYC fireworks with the Statue of Liberty in the background is so patriotic.

I hope everyone on board at least got to enjoy the sights of wonderful newport from thier viewpoint.

Cathy

homepage_330.jpg

Passengers aboard the Queen Mary II, in the foreground, and spectators along the shore in Newport last night view a fireworks display from Fort Adams in celebration of the nation's birthday. The world's largest cruise ship came to Newport after having been told that security restrictions would prevent it from viewing fireworks in New York Harbor.

http://www.projo.com

the four of us were aboard and thoroughly enjoyed the dispaly. We loved the welcome we received as we came into the harbor. All the pleasure crafts that came up to the ship, beeping their horn and waving, it was spectacular. We are from NY and have seen the NYC display many-a-time. The fireworks we saw last night, well just being on the QM2, being on vacation, cocktails in hand couldn't be beat

Was also in Jamestown last night to watch QM2 leave Newport. Absolutely beautiful as she cruised up the bay on her way to New York. Was worth getting caught in all the traffic to get home!

Morgana...

Traffic was crazy, wasn't it? I live 15 minutes away... and it took us almost two hours to get home.

BUT you are right.. worth it.. for a wonderful family night.

That picture in the PROJo looked like it was taken from right where we were!

Catrin

We live in Newport, about 5 minutes away from the harbor. Glad we know the back roads!!! Made in home in about 7 minutes!! I'm glad everyone on the ship enjoyed the fireworks, we were definitely not impressed. I've never seen such a quick finale in my life! :(

Catrin

We leave in South Kingstown and it took us three hours! We were at Beavertail so there was only one way in and one way out. Never seen anything like it. We sat for two hours and did not move an inch. Still...well worth it. We had a fabulous view.:)

Archived