Aruba/ Curaco or barbados/Antigua/StLuica

Don527

Hi everyone

thinking of going on adventure of the seas next yr. I would go with 2 kids (around 13 yrs old). Which itinearry is better for kids: The one that goes to aruba and Curaco or the one that goes to St Lucia/ Barbados/ Antigua

Thx Don

Don, I've been on the Barbados route (we loved it and are going back in 2008) but not the Aruba route. The major difference would be the extra sea day on the Aruba route, plus Curacao instead of Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados. If your kids would get antsy on a sea day, the Barbados route might be better. I've heard Aruba is fabulous, though.

If you don't get many answers, try reposting on the Royal Caribbean board. There are probably lots of people who have done both, and with kids. Good luck.

Hi there,

We did the Adventure last year on the Aruba route and enjoyed it. Our experience with our kids is that they are going to have fun no matter which one you choose. Even the extra sea day is great for the kids, especially at that age. They will be kept busy all day long. We have also done the Barbados cruise and enjoyed it as well. You really can't go wrong!!!!

I'm 28 and a 5th grade teacher....I've also been on both of these routes (engagement and honeymoon).....personally, I think kids would enjoy the extra sea day. You really can't go wrong with either route, but if I were taking my kids at that age, the Aruba route would be my choice.

Aruba is really cool because you get to stay in the port until 1am..We ate at a great restaurant (Marandiaruba.com).

Curacao is a nice island as well where we swam with the dolphins (the greatest experience of my life...your kids would LOVE this! VERY expensive, but WELL WORTH IT!!)

St. Martin...we did the America's Cup race as well as Orient Beach....

St. Thomas....beaches, shopping, and a ski lift to "paradise point"....cool views of the islands...

Don, I am going on the AOS next year also. 4/29/07 to be exact. I am going with dh, and my two children ages 15, 13. We are doing the barbados, antigua, st. lucia, st maartan, and st. thomas. I went to aruba already and it is a beautiful island but imho not alot to do with kids. If they like the beach then AOS with antigua is definetly the one to pick. Let me know what you pick if you have any questions I can answer email me at denny1210@comcast.net. Good Luck

We are going on the Aruba route in December - went on the Barbaos/St. Lucia trip a bit over a year ago, so can't help you on which is which - although St. Lucia is currently our favorite island we have been on! (St. John is #2).

Thanks to whomever posted the restaurant idea - I am looking for more ideas of what to do and where to eat on Aruba.

BRL

• 4 years later...

Archived