Coffee Quest

jeras

My girlfriend has something of a Starbucks habit and will need her mocachino fix. According to Starbucks' website, they have locations throughout Anchorage, in Fairbanks and in Ketchikan. I don't think The Coffee Bean is more of a local chain and doesn't reach that far out.

1. Any other Starbucks or close approximates in Southeast Alaska? I had thought I remembered someone saying there was a place in Skagway. [On that leg of the trip we'll be in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Haines ... Denali later, but I have my doubts about finding Starbuck's wilderness locations.]

2. Is the one in Ketchikan in the vicinity of the cruise doc? [That is to say, do I not tell her about the one in Ketchikan because I would have to go out of my way to get to it?]
I don't think that you will have any trouble finding coffee! I do remember a Starbucks near the train depot in Skagway, but went to a locally owned place on State or Main Street. There are plenty of places to choose from in Alaskan ports, at least from what I remember.

Archived