Another booze question

mapb

Since the spoiled terrorist attack on Monday, I was wondering if the TSA at the embarkation port is stepping up their searches on bags going on the boat. We will be taking our first cruise in a couple of weeks and like so many others, we will be buying our favorite brand of vodka at the embarkation city and packing it in our luggage. We are not cheap, but believe certain vodka tastes different than others. Does anyone believe there will be stepped up measures.

in view of the latest incident. How anyone got a screwdriver on a plane is beyond me, but we had a member of our tour flying from Canada all the way to Beijing, via many stops, board the ship and it wasn't until we were flying to Xi'an that someone in Airport Screening noticed he was carrying a pocket knife. They were also testing all liquids that were being carried onto the plane (this was before the August 10th scare). Security was much tighter on this cruise than others, but that may have been because of the Asian authorities.

You can see if your vodka will make the trip. It will really depend upon your port and the officials there.

Charlie

Technically you can't bring any alcohol on board except wine and champagne for 'celebration'. Your carryon will be searched before boarding the ship but if you put it in your suitcase that the porters bring on, you may get it through.

If not, then the porters get to enjoy your special vodka!

Since the spoiled terrorist attack on Monday, I was wondering if the TSA at the embarkation port is stepping up their searches on bags going on the boat.

The TSA does not check any bags going on the ship. They're checked by the cruise line personnel.

Go for it. Most likely, it won't get confiscated. I brought two cases of beer in my checked luggage. We just went to a liquor store before we boarded the ship. Good Luck:o

I find it hard to believe you put 48 cans of beer in your carry on baggage. You are either awful thirsty or awful cheap.:confused:

Since the spoiled terrorist attack on Monday, I was wondering if the TSA at the embarkation port is stepping up their searches on bags going on the boat. We will be taking our first cruise in a couple of weeks and like so many others, we will be buying our favorite brand of vodka at the embarkation city and packing it in our luggage. We are not cheap, but believe certain vodka tastes different than others. Does anyone believe there will be stepped up measures.

The embarkation city purchase should suffice... :)

I find it hard to believe you put 48 cans of beer in your carry on baggage. You are either awful thirsty or awful cheap.:confused:

Some of us save for a long time to take a vacation. $19.50 for a six pack is pretty high. $12.00 for a case is just smart

The embarkation city purchase should suffice... :)

I've read scores of these threads on the "sneaking" booze on board issue :mad: . I've seen only a couple of posts that really address the main issue. If Princess cannot, or more likely will not give you the opportunity to purchase the liquor you would prefer from room service or as a set up, what are you to do. Personally, my wife and I like to have a cordial on the balcony before bed. I really prefer not to wander back to a bar in my PJ's or less :eek: . So I normally take a bottle of some cordial aboard in my carryon. I'd be glad to pay and save the hassel, but you can't. Believe me I've tried. Beaucoup thanks to a cabin steward on the Dawn who solved the problem.:D :D

I've read scores of these threads on the "sneaking" booze on board issue :mad: .......Beaucoup thanks to a cabin steward on the Dawn who solved the problem.:D :D

We'll need at least a name here...and how do we get him aboard our cruise on CB next month? :D

Guest vitamarion
Go for it. Most likely, it won't get confiscated. I brought two cases of beer in my checked luggage. We just went to a liquor store before we boarded the ship. Good Luck:o

How did you keep all that beer cold?

we have been on 19 cruises usually 2 per year. we like the brands we like and drinks made the way we like them to enjoy on our balcony. we bring vodka, vermouth, and onion stuffed olives for a martini each nite before dinner and port and brandy for nitecaps on the balcony. never a problem if it is in the checked luggage. we set the whole bar up in the cabin and the steward always brings extra glasses and plenty of ice!

It absolutely amazes me, that some of the same people who say things like Princess has declared this to be formal night, so you must dress formally, don't think twice about smuggling in alcohol, even though Princess has said thou must not do this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In response to the original question, I was on the Crown last week. I did not see any booze confiscated during embarkation in NYC, but I did see booze taken away when we re-embarked at the various ports for safekeeping until the end of the cruise.

Last year my bestfriend and I each bought a six pack of beer a box of wine a couple of mike's and some nippers...................and bought beer in the various ports..........

We plan on doing the same this year.........

Guess what the most money we spent was on alcohol............so there just cause you bring your on alocohol on board doesnt mean your a cheap SOB............

For us................its we both love Sam Adams Octoberfest..........not available............I almost did a dance last year in san juan when they had Sam Adams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like finally a place with real beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived