How to Change Bed Configuration?

kaisatsu

This is our first cruise with Princess, and I noticed in our booking information that the bed configuration is marked as Twin Beds. I'd really like to change that, since this will be an anniversary cruise!

First, can all the rooms can be configured to a single, shared bed? We have C106 (an FF obstructed OV) on the Sapphire. I have been on ships on other cruise lines where the beds were fixed in a twin configuration.

Now, assuming that we can request this to be changed, is there a way to do it online? I know I could just call Princess, but their phones aren't staffed 24hrs, and the time difference from Asia makes it tricky to catch them!

If you booked through Princess, then call them to have it changed. If you booked thorugh a TA, Princess won't talk to you about it and you must have your TA do the changing for you.

If all else fails, just tell your room steward once you get to your cabin and he will take care of it for you before bedtime.

Enjoy your cruise!

Call 1-800-PRINCESS and the friendly agent will help you. They will make this change regardless of booking direct or thru a TA.

Of course, if you board and you walk into your cabin and discover the twin arrangement, just let your cabin steward know you'd like the beds set up as Queenand s/he'll probably make the change while you're at dinner, if not sooner.

I moved our beds a couple of times on our Sapphire cruise this past May. We sailed with our two (nearly grown) sons and with their beds dropped down from the ceiling, we decided we didn't have room for ours to be together. I moved furniture until it suited me, ending up with an L for ours.:) Cabin steward just smiled and took it in stride. I'm sure he was happy he didn't have to do it! In fact, other than towel/washcloth and one linen change, we asked him to not worry with our room (and yes, we left all tips in place:)).

yes you can go to www.princess.com and sign into myprincess and go to cruise personalizer and change it there you can also reserve shore excursions and spa time

My first post. Find this forum excellent. How do I reserve spa times please, can't seem to find this on the Internet site.

Also does anyone know how long the beds are on the Sea Princess please.

How soon is your cruise? There will be a time (about 60 to 120 days before your cruise, depending on your luck, I guess) that you will be able to book spa treatments or shore excursions online. You can check every day during that period. You may also want to join the roll call for your cruise (in the Princess roll call section) and keep checking with your fellow cruisers on if they were able to book these.

How soon is your cruise? There will be a time (about 60 to 120 days before your cruise' date=' depending on your luck, I guess) that you will be able to book spa treatments or shore excursions online. You can check every day during that period. You may also want to join the roll call for your cruise (in the Princess roll call section) and keep checking with your fellow cruisers on if they were able to book these.[/quote']

Departs Southampton 2 September.

We've booked the excursions but can't see where you book the spa. Can't find the roll call section either. Maybe because we're UK clients.

Call 1-800-PRINCESS and the friendly agent will help you. They will make this change regardless of booking direct or thru a TA.

Of course, if you board and you walk into your cabin and discover the twin arrangement, just let your cabin steward know you'd like the beds set up as Queenand s/he'll probably make the change while you're at dinner, if not sooner.

It was not my experience that 1-800-PRINCESS will help. I booked with an online travel agent who said they could not book me into anytime dining.

When I looked at the cruise personalizer, it said twin beds, wait listed for 2nd seating.

I called Princess and was told since I booked with a travel agent Princess could not make any changes, I must have my travel agent make them. I implored, I am trying to help Princess out, get us off the waitlist for traditional and into Anytime. Sorry, must be done through your travel agent.

Called the travel agent, told....no, we cannot book you in to anytime dining and don't worry about the beds, you can ask your steward on board.

It's really not that big of a deal, I WILL ask my cabin steawrd to put the beds together (makes more work for him) and I will request Anytime dining. This does put the onus on me and make more work for the staff of the ship.

It seems to me that the Princess rep could have done this easily, travel agent or no travel agent. (I made the reservation myself with an online company, does that make ME my OWN agent???)

Also, you cannot change these things yourself on the Cruise personalizer.

Looking forward to the Crown on 8/25.

Happy cruising, Kathy

It was not my experience that 1-800-PRINCESS will help. I booked with an online travel agent who said they could not book me into anytime dining.

When I looked at the cruise personalizer, it said twin beds, wait listed for 2nd seating.

I called Princess and was told since I booked with a travel agent Princess could not make any changes, I must have my travel agent make them. I implored, I am trying to help Princess out, get us off the waitlist for traditional and into Anytime. Sorry, must be done through your travel agent.

Called the travel agent, told....no, we cannot book you in to anytime dining and don't worry about the beds, you can ask your steward on board.

It's really not that big of a deal, I WILL ask my cabin steawrd to put the beds together (makes more work for him) and I will request Anytime dining. This does put the onus on me and make more work for the staff of the ship.

It seems to me that the Princess rep could have done this easily, travel agent or no travel agent. (I made the reservation myself with an online company, does that make ME my OWN agent???)

Also, you cannot change these things yourself on the Cruise personalizer.

Looking forward to the Crown on 8/25.

Happy cruising, Kathy

Princess is very funny about adjusting any information on your booking for you once you have booked through a TA. The TA must call Princess and do it for you.

Strange that your TA would not make that call.

But no worrys, everything can be taken care of once you board the ship. Just will take a few minutes on your part to sort it out once onboard.

But I would be finding a different travel agent for my next cruise if they won't even make a call on your behalf to keep you from having to do that on your own.

Your TA or Princess can get this change in for you, but enen if there is a mistake you shouldn't worry about it at all.

On our last trip we had two rooms, one for my husband and son and one for my daughter and I. When we arrived the steward ( who was excellent) had assumed that the kids would be in one room and we would be in the other so he had set one room up with a queen bed and one with twins.

I asked him to split the beds and he happily did so before bed that night. So no worries, this is easy to take care of. Happy anniversary :)

The Princess website has problems with these types of details and your particular cabin bed configuration is a known issue. Just make sure your pertinent information such as your booking number, name and address, etc., are correct and you'll be fine.

Once onboard your cabin steward will handle all the details including the correct bed configuration. :)

An old mentor of mine once told me "we can all afford to go 1st class;we just might not be able to stay as long". Perhaps an analogous strategy can be derived from this sage's nugget of truth and be employed should the single beds not come together.

Have agreat cruise!!! :D

Kathy,

1-800-Princess will accomodate bed config changes for anyone regardless of booking method. That was the question I was responding to. Unfortunately, as you have learned, the call centre will not perform any other type of change for anyone who has not booked direct.

Departs Southampton 2 September.

We've booked the excursions but can't see where you book the spa. Can't find the roll call section either. Maybe because we're UK clients.

Last fall, I could find the spa reservations coming up in the Cruise personalizer on the website, but maybe it doesn't for UK clients. Not really sure.

The roll call I'm referring to is on this site, not at Princess.com.

Here is a link to the Sea Princess 9/2/06 roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=155900

You can ask other cruise critic members going on the same cruise if they were able to reserve spa treatments online. If they can (and are all US passengers), then maybe you should contact your TA and see if you have to wait until onboard. Also you can meet other passengers "online" and then on the ship.

Here is a link to the Sea Princess 9/2/06 roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=155900

You can ask other cruise critic members going on the same cruise if they were able to reserve spa treatments online. If they can (and are all US passengers)' date=' then maybe you should contact your TA and see if you have to wait until onboard. Also you can meet other passengers "online" and then on the ship.[/quote']

I wish I could find some fellow CC members for my cruise, tomorrow, but we seem to be thin on the ground!

Back to the original topic, I am looking forward to the steward pushing my 'twins' together! ;)

The first balcony cabin we ever had was on the Dawn. Naturally like most cruisers we go on a cruise to either celebrate a anniversary, birthday or just life in general. Someone is always celebrating something. I hear they even do this for honeymoons???

We got a room with berth beds. We asked to change but were told there were no other rooms available.

We solved that problem. We took the mattresses off of the top berths and put them on the balcony. Enjoyed the atmosphere. Nothing like being together under the stars. I don't know what the steward thought but he would always put the mattresses back where they belonged.

Usually in the cruise personalizer you are asked how you want the beds set up and they will be that way when you get on board.

Last fall' date=' I could find the spa reservations coming up in the Cruise personalizer on the website, but maybe it doesn't for UK clients. Not really sure.

The roll call I'm referring to is on this site, not at Princess.com.[/quote']

The "Lotus Spa" pre-reservation link on myprincess.com will show up about 90 days before your cruise. Check back around that time and you should be able to access the spa offerings and make reservations.

Kathy,

1-800-Princess will accomodate bed config changes for anyone regardless of booking method. That was the question I was responding to. Unfortunately, as you have learned, the call centre will not perform any other type of change for anyone who has not booked direct.

Well, not the time that I called Princess. No changes allowed, even to the bed configuration.

Maybe I will call again today, I might have better luck.

Thanks

Maybe it depends on the person you get on the phone at Princess. I called last week to try and change my bed configuration and was also told to have my travel agent do it. I find it strange that they won't adjust the minor stuff - especially when it is to reflect the onboard preferences you've already stated in the cruise personalizer....

Archived