I can't help it

jennew

“Doc Dance” Sends Two to Hospital; Injures Many

LYNOT REALSON

STAFF REPORTER

A cruise document dance turned catastrophic yesterday morning after a missed step caused a traffic disaster.

Emergency crews were called to 325 Dundas St. West where Mary Robbins, an avid cruiser, was struck by a passing auto after her traditional celebration dance for the arrival of her cruise documents went terribly wrong.

“She was jumping around, having a great time,” a bystander says, “when she tripped on a large crack in the sidewalk, and fell into oncoming traffic. It was horrible.”

The driver of the suspect auto was also injured, when he steered into two other cars, trying to avoid Robbins. This caused six other cars to come crashing into the scene, leaving many with bumps and cuts, but no other serious injuries.

Robbins’ family told The Star: “She won’t be doing the doc dance ever again. She has definitely learned her lesson. We just hope her injuries fully heal in time for her September sailing on a Carnival Cruise Lines ship.”

Robbins suffered from a broken arm, and the driver of the vehicle suffered two broken ribs.

Copyright Toronto Onion 2006

from

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=392203

I know we never talk about this anymore....but I came home to discover I can officially....

Do the doc dance!!! YAHOOO

:D :D :D :D

Congratulations! I did mine a few weeks ago. It's going to be disappointing now that Princess is discontinuing final docs.:confused:

We're taking the Diamond on September 30th. I received my pre-cruise doc's on Monday, August 14th (not including boarding pass or luggage tags.)

I called my TA and she informed me that the final doc's, with the above, will be coming about 2 weeks prior to cruising.

I'm looking forward to the "doc dance"cause I don't think cruising is the same without it! :p

If Princess is changing, it aint happening yet!!!!

Archived